Community
Wiki Posts
Search

gyro for off road rc

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default gyro for off road rc

Ok Rctech please help me out here.I have a custom traxxas rustler that I am putting a 3665 kV turnigy 4 Pole motor in.I plan on running 4s lipos then later 5s or 6s later with a ezrun 150a esc.The rustler is receiving the wide a arms conversion kit for better stability as well as receiving the stretch wheel base.

What i am asking what servo and gyro would be good for straight line stability,Because of the new powerful upgrade with motor in esc.I know its going to be harder to control at higher speeds because its not all wheel drive.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Spektrum AVC or the hpi dbox if you want a gyro, and a savox 1258 servo. If you want a gyro you need the servo to have some speed and 160oz should be strong enough even with the extra weight.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kad5118
Ok Rctech please help me out here.I have a custom traxxas rustler that I am putting a 3665 kV turnigy 4 Pole motor in.I plan on running 4s lipos then later 5s or 6s later with a ezrun 150a esc.The rustler is receiving the wide a arms conversion kit for better stability as well as receiving the stretch wheel base.

What i am asking what servo and gyro would be good for straight line stability,Because of the new powerful upgrade with motor in esc.I know its going to be harder to control at higher speeds because its not all wheel drive.
You need to check the kv of the motor you are getting 3665 is likely the size not the kv and in all honesty 4, 5, or 6s is pointless in a rustler. You could run a 3500-3800kv on 3s and it would be outrageously fast. So really no point in anything more than that. And you can't just throw a 6s battery in any car you have to have the correct kv motor or it will just grenade because of the Rpms it would be spinning.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That's a topic I didn't touch on. A 3665kv 4 pole will be either silly fast or a paper weight on 4s, let alone 6s. If you want to run an efficient 6s set up you want something less then 1500kv. Even a 3500kv on 3s will give you speeds around 50+mph.