Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Would You Want To Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

What Would You Want To Buy?

If we were to make a part, what would you want it to be? What part would you like to see us offer, and what would you buy if you saw it for sale? What do you think is popular, and what are some features it should include? What part is the biggest trouble spot on your car? What, if anything, would you like to be made from aluminum on your car? What would make you want to click the, Add To Cart button, if you saw it on our website? Anything you have to offer as far as ideas and concepts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!
Old 08-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

No replies?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'd kill for a set of aluminum alloy shock towers for the JATO. The front stock one is okay, but the back ones are too fragile and everyone's been breaking those left and right.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I want some LOSI stuff.....
Old 08-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Associated just released Battery Strap Thumb Screws for a B4/T4 not only would I like to see these in a different color I would like to see something like this to replace my body clips. It would be something like a headless hex screw that would have a plastic or rubber stopper that would sit underneath the body which could be raised or lowered to adjust the body height, on top of the body would be a plastic or rubber thumb screw. Obviously the thumbscrews would need to be cheap as they will get lost quite often but this method would hold the body more securely and would replace body clips.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

I am taking notes! The JATO shock tower is a good idea. These are the things we are always looking for!

mafiaracers, what kind of Losi stuff? XXX-T, XXX-NT, the list goes on. Is there a weak spot on any on any of these?

Also, I have recieved an email from a company that manufactures ball bearings for R/C applications, and they would like to use our site to retail their products, would high quality ball bearing kits interest anyone?

Lets keep the ideas coming!
Old 08-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Id like to see a alum pivot block for a xxxnt Adam Drake 2 that is hard anodized or black anodized.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Ok, that one is added to the list! One thing I was fighting for when brainstorming with the Team, was Mini-T parts! I am suprised no one wants Mini-T parts.

Also, I am half done welding up the prototype, but tell me how this grabs you;
Clod Buster Custom Starter Kit

The kit will include one complete steel tube frame, with heavy duty steel plate welded in between certain rails in the frame. The plate will not be drilled out, but it will be fitted and welded in place. There will be no drill holes in the plate, allowing the owner to drill holes to his own specifications. This will allow the use of any 4-link kit, any shocks, with or without cantilevers, and any arrangment of linkages the consumer wants. The idea behind this is; everyone wants a custom Clod, but no one wants a Clod that his neighbor can build for the same money. The concept allows for anyone to have a unique Clod, without all the welding/soldering. One concept that was thrown around for this, was a 3 postition battery mounting location. The battery mounts will be unique to this truck only, and will allow either one battery to be placed in the center, the left side, or the right side of the truck, or the positioning of 2 batteries in a similar configuration. For ultimate capacity, a third battery could be mounted, that would be mounted in the third tray, with two batteries sitting in trays on either side.

So, does the concept of a Clod kit that lets the buyer make the decisions interest anyone? If so, they will be custom order only, and will take some time to cut and weld. The materials will be 1/8" and 1/4" steel round rod, and probably either 16 or 18 guage steel for the plates.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How about xxx4 shocktowers. Maybe not aluminum as they would be heavy but maybe some kind of stiffener or a stronger carbon or something.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

I'll look into some carbon fiber plate, but right now we have an extra 3'X6' sheet of aluminum we still have to sink our tools into!
Old 08-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

how thick is it? I have a tweaked front TTR option tower.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

We have 6061 T6 1/8" aluminum, or for specail orders and chassis, or heavy duty applications we have a separate sheet of 3/16".
Old 08-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

From a Losi standpoint.....I'd like to see

F/R arm mounts
Caster Blocks w/ verticle ball studs
Rear axle carriers w/ verticle ball studs
titanium ball studs with the hex in the head

stuff like that....
Old 08-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Servo saver arm for the t4 steering. ( the one that allways breaks)
Old 08-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trashedmaxx
Servo saver arm for the t4 steering. ( the one that allways breaks)
I second that, my B4 servo saver keeps backing off by itself. I'm almost thinking of glueing it together

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.