Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trimming Proline white foams?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Trimming Proline white foams?

Guys what is the best way to trim a set of Proline white foams to fit inside a front pair of Scrubs or any Proline tire for that matter? I"m used to the blue foams from Proline and red foams from AKA running 1/8th scale and short course. It seems like it would be expensive to buy all closed cell foams running a 22 2.0 and 22-4 every time I buy new sets of tires.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

most people (including myself) run a 3/4 foam in the front tire. That is you cut 1/4 of the foam they give you for the front tire off and stuff it in the tire.

For the rear, you might want to see if the fast guys are running the closed cell foam because it can make a difference in the performance of the car. I run the white open cell foam in the rear because i am cheap, I always bevel the top outer edges of the foam, about 1/8 inch.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

O.s.power what would be the advantage or disadvantage of running either or? During the winter I run indoor carpet, but in the summer I run loose outdoor dirt. I run the 3.0E and SCTE 2.0 outside with the closed cell foams, but dont know what the two 1/10th scale cars will feel like on the same surface with the open cell foams. I would hate to mount them up with the wrong foams.