Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI bullet to race truggy (10tt) conversion series >

HPI bullet to race truggy (10tt) conversion series

Like Tree17Likes

HPI bullet to race truggy (10tt) conversion series

Old 02-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

sorry to hear that... the snow is no match for the 80° temps we've been having in Texas lately :P
Old 02-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

uhh i cant stand anymore snow!!! in nj we are supposed to possibly be getting another 12". ive just been doing some rc crawling on my buddys porch for the past month. im getting tired of only being able to crawl some firewood. this is ridiculous.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I would definitely get my racing fix with VRC:
http://www.vrcworld.com/
Old 03-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default broken rim...

first real bash broke one of these hsp rims. not even a hard landing. ive been using hsp wheels and tires for years and never had a problem. maybe it was just a bad rim.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know man, we've been hammered with snow after snow all winter long...I can hardly take it anymore. My rc's are all dusty except for my Bullet which sees some snow duty.

I was wondering which wing mount you used? It looks awesome and I'd like to mount one to my Bullet.

How about Gladiators for your Bullet? I have an old worn-out set, I'll see if I can get a pic.

Edit: Here's with some old worn-out Gladiators 2.2"...

The best tires I've run on mine are Badlands 2.2"...but I've thought about using some short course tires if I could find a deal, tires just cost too dang much.

Last edited by tman4wdr; 03-04-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

the gladiators look good on yours. i do have a set of shortcourse wheels and tires. Would you do an even trade? my sc wheels and tires for your gladiators if you throw in some rims. ill post some pics soon. im using a hotbodies d8 wing mount. ill check if it would work on the stock tower. i still have yet to find a good wing (whats on there now is a hack job). but this was my first real bash with a bullet and wow does this thing get dirty. there was a thick layer over everything.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

so what do you say? these sc wheels and tires for your gladiators if you throw in some rims or something else? this is actually the only time these were ever ran. since i broke that hsp rim this was what i had on hand and what i was originally going to use but got the hsps so decided i would just hold on to them. the tires were straight off a new associated sc10 4x4 and the rims are proline split six with the slash offsets.
We Are Ninja likes this.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

i was just going over the thread and just realized i forgot to acknowledge the post that you said
I'm in Palmyra, I was up in Hamilton awhile back, I was helping my friend load up a quad he bought off 206 (white horse circle, I think) Are there any tracks near you?
whitehorse circle is only about a mile from my house. but theres a couple close indoor tracks. one in bristol and a new one in willingboro. sadly neither has a class that would fit the bullet. but yeah your not too far. that d8 wingmount should work on the stock tower.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's nice to see some bullet love! We dremmeled out my battery tray as well (six body clips to get in that thing, you've got to be kidding me lol).

I run short course tires. We used the hex adapters from a dominus. Now it handles like a cross between a short course and a 1/10 scale buggy. Much more manageable and way more fun on the backyard track.

Been looking for a new body, so thanks for the suggestions.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

wow that looks like a pretty legit sc 4x4. dont know what you would use as a body since the bullet has such a shorter wheelbase than an sc truck ill do some looking though. i really like the look of that
Old 03-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

heres an sc body that should fit a bullet http://www.nitrorcx.com/51c00-51c809...bodyshell.html
Old 03-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks! it's amazing how much different it feels on the sc tires, like a whole different car. i love it.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

no problem not sure about the quality of that lexan but its pretty cheap so i would just reinforce it around the edges with shoe goo before you run. also not sure if your tires would sit inside the body. whats the width like with those sc tires on? i wonder if this would be allowed to compete in a roar spec sc race.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'll have to measure it and see. It's a lot less bulky without those crazy big tires on, lol.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

yeah those things were massive what were they like 3.5" rims? if hpi just supplied smaller wheels theyd have a lot less problems with dogbone and hub breakage. i have a pair of zero offset sc rims that i might get some tires for and maybe pickup that body i previously linked to and try a shortcourse. honestly though the bullet is just one of those chassis that could be anything. makes for a pretty sweet monster truck to begin with, a pretty sweet truggy, looks like it could be a nice sc truck and i feel like i could definitely get a nice buggy body for it, oh almost forgot the 1/8 rally too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.