Search
Like Tree8Likes

Kyosho Ultima SC6 Thread.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbk1115
The SC6 that you have has been modified so that the shorty pack can be mounted transverse and all the way to the rear with respect to the chassis. I am not sure if the battery can be held down just by the parts in the picture. you may need to put double sided tape on the bottom of the battery to make sure it does not pop out.

With an 8.5T motor, I would start out with 84/20 gearing and go from there. Kyosho does not make an 84T spur so you will have to go to another brand for this configuration. If you have the Kyosho 82T spur, try 82/19 to start. Gearing is typically determined while at the track taking acceleration, top speed, and temperatures into consideration.

In MM configuration, RF2 is the correct hanger for the Front Rear. His configuration is not correct in this case. For the Rear Rear hanger, your truck has the Revolution Design aftermarket part for MM configuration. Hopefully the previous owner gave you all of the delrin inserts so that you can tune the rear suspension geometry.

In my experience with Kyosho, utilizing OEM parts is the best.
I like spurs for AE B4 series. With mod I run Yokomo's B Max!YZ2/4 3 pad slipper. Works great and fits directly. For 7.5 I run 84/21 or 22.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone,

I just got an Ultima SC6 RTR and I love it, but it definitely needs some upgrades. First, I want to get rid of the servo saver, but I don't want to pick a servo/horn combination that won't work. I know the Lossi horn is the way to go, but which one, and with which servo?

I also want to get the aluminum steering parts that come stock on the kit version, but I need a part number and can't find it anywhere.

As far as power goes it's a bit slow but I can live with that while I sort out the chassis. I got my daughter a Traxxas Slash VXL and it leaves me in the dust.

Once I'm ready for more power, which would be a good motor/esc upgrade that can keep up with the Slash?

I like Mamba setups since I have one on my RC18t and already have the link usb adapter, will any mamba setup fit with minimal to no modification?

Is there a more powerful Orion that will fit in case the Mamba requires modifications?

I'm reading through the thread but it's going to take me a while and I'd rather buy the parts today, which brings me to my last question: Which spare parts should I keep in stock? Any particular weaknesses?

Sorry for all the questions but I've been out of the hobby for a while.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2017, 09:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello, I currently have a sc6 comp kit in stock mid motor configuration. We run on turf, what do I need to convert to either a 3 gear stand up transmission or the laydown transmission from the 6.6? For the laydown, I see they sell parts um736, um737, um738, um739 and um740. Do I need them all or can I use my stock bulkheads and just order the laydown case, idle gear, motor plate, and the gear cover? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Answers in BOLD below.

Originally Posted by chperez
Hello everyone,

I just got an Ultima SC6 RTR and I love it, but it definitely needs some upgrades. First, I want to get rid of the servo saver, but I don't want to pick a servo/horn combination that won't work. I know the Lossi horn is the way to go, but which one, and with which servo?

Any normal sized servo will fit, the losi horn is decent but you'll have to cross thread it to make the ballstud fit. Not a huge deal.

I also want to get the aluminum steering parts that come stock on the kit version, but I need a part number and can't find it anywhere.

Here is the parts you'll need and links to them.

Steering rack.

Arms

King pin/bushings

It says RB6/ZX6 but they share the same parts.

As far as power goes it's a bit slow but I can live with that while I sort out the chassis. I got my daughter a Traxxas Slash VXL and it leaves me in the dust.

Once I'm ready for more power, which would be a good motor/esc upgrade that can keep up with the Slash?

I like Mamba setups since I have one on my RC18t and already have the link usb adapter, will any mamba setup fit with minimal to no modification?

Is there a more powerful Orion that will fit in case the Mamba requires modifications?

This depends what you intend to do with the truck, if you intend to race it you'll need to decide if you want to run stock or mod and find out whats popular for 2wd SC at your local track. If you just care about bashing around in the yard or street or wherever then sell this truck and buy another slash I'm kidding but honestly this is more of a track vehicle than a durable back yard basher. For bashing use a castle or whatever you want.

I'm reading through the thread but it's going to take me a while and I'd rather buy the parts today, which brings me to my last question: Which spare parts should I keep in stock? Any particular weaknesses?

If racing,front and rear arms and the front bumper assembly. For Bashing just buy stuff when it breaks.
Sorry for all the questions but I've been out of the hobby for a while.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2017, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by asimons13
Hello, I currently have a sc6 comp kit in stock mid motor configuration. We run on turf, what do I need to convert to either a 3 gear stand up transmission or the laydown transmission from the 6.6? For the laydown, I see they sell parts um736, um737, um738, um739 and um740. Do I need them all or can I use my stock bulkheads and just order the laydown case, idle gear, motor plate, and the gear cover? Thanks in advance.
You'd need to drill some holes in the chassis to run lay down in this truck. I've been told it's downright awful because the weight bias of a vehicle this size negates the benefits of running lay down. You can run 3 gear stand up by getting the RB6.6 3 gear trans box. That will bolt right in no mod.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by likea45
You'd need to drill some holes in the chassis to run lay down in this truck. I've been told it's downright awful because the weight bias of a vehicle this size negates the benefits of running lay down. You can run 3 gear stand up by getting the RB6.6 3 gear trans box. That will bolt right in no mod.
Do I need to purchase any additional parts besides the 6.6 3 gear trans case? Idler, motor plate, diff cover, etc? Thank you.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by asimons13
Do I need to purchase any additional parts besides the 6.6 3 gear trans case? Idler, motor plate, diff cover, etc? Thank you.
You'd need a new gear cover UM735 as the motor is on the opposite side.

Everything else will fit this way. Motor plate is directional.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone figured out a front sway bar mod yet?
Old 02-07-2017, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Last edited by Drift_Buggy; 04-12-2017 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearit
Has anyone figured out a front sway bar mod yet?
There is this...

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho...waybarInstall/
Old 02-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Hopefully take my SC6 out this weekend for its debut.
Looking good, enjoy

I really like the dip job on the chassis...
Old 02-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Racers on high grip may want to check out the JTP shock towers, especially the front one.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

How many run the rear motor ?
Old 02-22-2017, 05:06 PM
Ixc
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm looking at getting a sc6 but I'm wondering if it will be getting replaced by a new model soon. They are on sale at amain and that seems to happen when a new model is coming out. Thanks
Old 02-22-2017, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ixc
I'm looking at getting a sc6 but I'm wondering if it will be getting replaced by a new model soon. They are on sale at amain and that seems to happen when a new model is coming out. Thanks
I can say as a team driver, no news has come our way about a new truck of any kind. The SC6 and RT6 platforms are some of the best and most competitive trucks available today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.