Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless Rovan Baja?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Brushless Rovan Baja?

so yeah, prob won't make alot of friends with this post, i know the 5th scale guys hate clones about as much as they hate electric cars but i was thinking about picking up a Rovan RC brushless baja. 1/5 scale, brushless for $570 shipped is hard to beat.

searching various forums i can find tons of threads on the gas rovan, or gas rovan vs gas hpi baja. but only a few post on the rovan brushless. Anyone here own one? seen one in action? recommend it? i'm seriously considering selling my Thunder Tiger MT4 and going this route. anyone care to guess how the rovan on 6S stacks up to the MT4 on 4s in terms of straight line acceleration?

edit: thread should prob be in large scale forum, can't figure out how to move it...
Old 03-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

I've been looking for reviews or feedback on these as well. It's also $629 shipped with a 7S LiFe 8000mah battery. Insane cheap. It uses leopard hobby electronics, which i've read good things about. that's all I know.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I can help you a bit , I used to own a Baja Flux not the Rovan . Surprisingly the Baja was quick on 6s but it won't take an MT4 on 4s in straight race . The 1/5 electrics are fun but just to big for me , and the 6s batts i used took to long to charge and when i used 8s i could have got double the fun and time out of running 1/8 scale buggies . I actually sold mine in favor of an MT4 ! Then sold that to get an EB4 G3 buggy to bash around with , Anyway if you do get a 1/5 Baja get good batts or they will swell up on you . At least 60c .

As far as Rovan in general , the plastics are the same IMO , I ran with some other 1/5 scales and a couple guys had gas Rovans and they were nice , as nice as the HPI's .

So I'd say its worth it to try for $600 shipped, Go for it don't worry about fanboys!