Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

Serpent Spyder SRX2 SCT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

My build is basically complete except for the shocks (still in 2 bags) and so far no missing parts. It all came together pretty well, though some things could have been thought of a little better. Like I mentioned before, the plastic feels "meaty" so I think it'll be tough. I don't see any need for CF towers, but I'm glad I ordered the CF body post braces as the body post holders are really soft. The braces made them just right.

Overall I'm pretty happy with this kit so far. I'll get the shocks done and strap in some electronics and hopefully get it out on a track sometime this year.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
My build is basically complete except for the shocks (still in 2 bags) and so far no missing parts. It all came together pretty well, though some things could have been thought of a little better. Like I mentioned before, the plastic feels "meaty" so I think it'll be tough. I don't see any need for CF towers, but I'm glad I ordered the CF body post braces as the body post holders are really soft. The braces made them just right.

Overall I'm pretty happy with this kit so far. I'll get the shocks done and strap in some electronics and hopefully get it out on a track sometime this year.
You may want to replace the O-Rings. Serpent says there are new rings on the way but I don't think they're on the street yet. If it's the old ones, it'll leak.

Word on the street is Durango purple/Kyosho X-Rings/Traxxas X-Rings. Take your pick. I went with the first and some of my shocks leak a little.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shagino
You may want to replace the O-Rings. Serpent says there are new rings on the way but I don't think they're on the street yet. If it's the old ones, it'll leak.

Word on the street is Durango purple/Kyosho X-Rings/Traxxas X-Rings. Take your pick. I went with the first and some of my shocks leak a little.
I have a set of Kyosho X-rings sitting in a baggy, ready to be used for the build
Old 12-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ran the truck for the first time tonight on carpet with the out of the box set up. It drove really well other then the front end needed heavier oil and sway bars all around. I tried some green springs in front and that helped a bit. Second jump of the night I was nose up and landed on the rear bumper braking the bars that hold the bumper on (500309). Was not impressed with that breaking but otherwise the truck seemed to hold up well.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Carpet track in MI? Where at?
Old 12-19-2014, 05:27 AM
Tech Regular

There are two within 5 miles of me both in the downriver area, south of Detroit.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Edit: I'm an idiot, nevermind.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Edit: I'm an idiot, nevermind.
I was just going to respond to it. My guess was not lined up. It happens.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shagino
I was just going to respond to it. My guess was not lined up. It happens.
It's worse than that. What I thought was the slipper slipping was in fact the ball diff barking, since I forgot to tighten it prior to setting the slipper. Doh! The diff was so loose that it sounded like a slipping clutch and not a bark, so... rebuild time.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

After weeks on the bench, my SCT is good to go, tomorrow will be the first run. My prediction is that the body will crack like an egg shell, though, which is too bad. So... between JConcepts and Proline, which bodies fit this truck better? The two companies seem to design bodies for slightly different wheel bases, I forget which one is shorter. Just curious what you guys found fits well. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2015, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Good call mine cracked the first day racing. Hoping it will hold together for a few more race days. I bought one of the flow tech bodies as they are only $29 right now, will see how it fits when it gets here.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
Good call mine cracked the first day racing. Hoping it will hold together for a few more race days. I bought one of the flow tech bodies as they are only $29 right now, will see how it fits when it gets here.
Well, the body held up to all day practice (about 10 packs) better than I thought. Still, I would love a Flow-tech or something similar, so I'm still looking for feedback
Old 01-04-2015, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

I was about to say that despite being lightweight, the body has held up remarkably well but I cracked it in Friday with some pieces chipping off on Saturday. I've probably had about 10 race days on it so that's not too bad. I really like the stock body though so I think I'll be sticking to that one. Will just reinforce with shoegoo from day 1 next time.

It's worse than that. What I thought was the slipper slipping was in fact the ball diff barking, since I forgot to tighten it prior to setting the slipper. Doh! The diff was so loose that it sounded like a slipping clutch and not a bark, so... rebuild time.
Good thing you couldn't hit the track like that at least
Old 01-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? Gear Diff oil suggestions

Looking for recommendations for gear diff oil weight.

Manual says 7000cst is the default, should I drop that being its a little cooler now? If so, how far? 5k or 3k? or stick with the 7k?

I run on bumpy loamy, and indoor high bite tracks.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ClayMoreJosh
Looking for recommendations for gear diff oil weight.

Manual says 7000cst is the default, should I drop that being its a little cooler now? If so, how far? 5k or 3k? or stick with the 7k?

I run on bumpy loamy, and indoor high bite tracks.

Any help is appreciated.
My first outing with the car had me wishing for more on-power steering. If you look at the team setups, they're all running anti-squat in the back, which basically gives you just that. I ended up running a pretty tight ball diff, and that was definitely better too. So... I would say start with 7K and see how it feels, it may actually be good for this truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.