Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team C TM4 - Official Release Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
What are your rear shock tower and arm mounting positions? Sometimes leaning them in one on the tower can help.
Inside hole at the top and inner hole on the bottom of the arm. I've reversed/swapped the rear arms as I wasn't keen on drilling holes at the back and weakening then when I moved the shocks to the rear.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fivepointnine
The Team C TM4 dominated this weekend at the British RC Association National Formula Championships at Stotfold. About 1/3 of the cars in the top finals were TM4's. If anyone needs any Carpet or Astro setup help just ask!
Hi fivepointnine, i have purchased a tm4 a few weeks ago and am struggling with traction roll issues on carpet high bite track, have cut both front and rear top decks, using 1.8mm front 1.6mm rear sway bars, 40wt oil front 35wt rear, shocks middle hole top and outer hole bottom with 15000/slipper/10000 diff oils.
It is great in tight turns with fast switch backs and doesnt lift a wheel at all but in long sweepers it traction rolls any help would be appreciated
Old 10-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speed demin
Hi fivepointnine, i have purchased a tm4 a few weeks ago and am struggling with traction roll issues on carpet high bite track, have cut both front and rear top decks, using 1.8mm front 1.6mm rear sway bars, 40wt oil front 35wt rear, shocks middle hole top and outer hole bottom with 15000/slipper/10000 diff oils.
It is great in tight turns with fast switch backs and doesnt lift a wheel at all but in long sweepers it traction rolls any help would be appreciated
Cutting the decks creates MORE mechanical traction, but I run mine like that everywhere. I run 2x1.6 and 3x1.4 pistons, 550/350 weight with ASSOC red front and Grey rear springs, same sway bars as you.

10k diff oil all around. I use the center diff with 500k oil, but that is personal preference. I raised the outside of my front camber links by 2mm (its weird, but calmed down the initial steering) center tower hole for the front camber link.

Tyres are important, I run 4wd cut stagger front and mini pins rear. 4wd mini pin fronts made my buggy extremely edgy.

What are your rear camber link settings? I run center holes inside and outside on those.

If you are running a super fast track without a lot of tight sections you can really calm the buggy down by mounting the shocks on the rear of the tower (just have to dremel a bit of the tower and drill holes on the back of the arms)
Old 10-11-2016, 12:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cutting the decks creates MORE mechanical traction, but I run mine like that everywhere. I run 2x1.6 and 3x1.4 pistons, 550/350 weight with ASSOC red front and Grey rear springs, same sway bars as you.

10k diff oil all around. I use the center diff with 500k oil, but that is personal preference. I raised the outside of my front camber links by 2mm (its weird, but calmed down the initial steering) center tower hole for the front camber link.

Tyres are important, I run 4wd cut stagger front and mini pins rear. 4wd mini pin fronts made my buggy extremely edgy.

What are your rear camber link settings? I run center holes inside and outside on those.

If you are running a super fast track without a lot of tight sections you can really calm the buggy down by mounting the shocks on the rear of the tower (just have to dremel a bit of the tower and drill holes on the back of the arms)
It does but it also feels alot more settled even on carpet
I havnt tried other pistons still have stock ones in might have to get some

At national events we have to run pins all round thats the issue, Cut staggers do calm it dowm alot and with them on i have no traction rolling issue but want to get it sorted with pins all round so when i race at big events its not a big change in handeling

I had my rear camber links in the middle/middle and droped the inside one down to bottom hole that helped but has just changed the point in the corner it wants to roll so in tight corners was really good but long sweepers it wasnt

I run on a tight fast track around 16sec lap times,Would the shocks on the rear of arms help on a tight track?
Old 10-11-2016, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speed demin
It does but it also feels alot more settled even on carpet
I havnt tried other pistons still have stock ones in might have to get some

At national events we have to run pins all round thats the issue, Cut staggers do calm it dowm alot and with them on i have no traction rolling issue but want to get it sorted with pins all round so when i race at big events its not a big change in handeling

I had my rear camber links in the middle/middle and droped the inside one down to bottom hole that helped but has just changed the point in the corner it wants to roll so in tight corners was really good but long sweepers it wasnt

I run on a tight fast track around 16sec lap times,Would the shocks on the rear of arms help on a tight track?
No, you will lose tight, low speed rotation with the shocks on the rear. We have all went away from the pin front for exactly the reasons you stated! I would say just start trimming pins lol. I have noticed well worn pin fronts work pretty decent.

The rear inside one I have ran on the upper position before and it worked pretty decent. I will probably put it back to that position before my next carpet race.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

No, you will lose tight, low speed rotation with the shocks on the rear. We have all went away from the pin front for exactly the reasons you stated! I would say just start trimming pins lol. I have noticed well worn pin fronts work pretty decent.

The rear inside one I have ran on the upper position before and it worked pretty decent. I will probably put it back to that position before my next carpet race.
Ok cool will leave them in front of the arms, lol might just trim all front pinsdown!
Thanks for the help will see how it goes on race day
Old 12-18-2016, 03:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Just got a tm4 and was looking for aftermarket bodies for it what bodies fit and any tips for a indoor clay setup
Old 03-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Selling what's left of my TM4 parts. Bidding is starting at $0.99.

Team C TM4 Parts Lot | eBay

Hopefully someone will get some use out of them!
Old 03-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is this the remaining inventory from your store? I got my eye on the ts4 stuff.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anybody has ever tried an another rear diff brand ?
Old 07-23-2017, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Going to run my TM4 for the first time on carpet here in Las Vegas at 702 Raceway. So far running schumacher staggered fronts and minipin 2 rears, cut rear top deck, any other advise on setup for smooth indoor high grip carpet?
Old 07-23-2017, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I have zero experience racing on carpet. Just wanted to say good luck and let us know how you make out!
Old 07-23-2017, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by egalsim
Going to run my TM4 for the first time on carpet here in Las Vegas at 702 Raceway. So far running schumacher staggered fronts and minipin 2 rears, cut rear top deck, any other advise on setup for smooth indoor high grip carpet?
500k oil in the center diff, if it is super smooth you can run 2wd narrow cut staggers or 4wd cut staggers, if you need more aggressive steering you can run stretched 2wd mini pins over 4wd front wheels. Schumacher blue inserts. Stiff springs. 10/10 or 10/7 diff oils, 1.6/1.8 sways are a good place to start, But the most critical thing I found on carpet with the TM4 is to RAISE YOUR REAR ROLL CENTERS!

My TM4 was an absolute weapon on indoor smooth carpet tracks.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

3D printed Team C TM4 parts. Chassis brace and wing mounts.
From T.H.E Shadoow Racing - RC
and Stephen Shih (Team C).

Team C TM4 - Official Release Thread-20170706_152803.jpg

Team C TM4 - Official Release Thread-20170713_204010.jpg

Team C TM4 - Official Release Thread-20374634_10212485346225149_6839743298426860151_n.jpg

Team C TM4 - Official Release Thread-20525621_10212551303234033_24600311842104706_n.jpg
Old 08-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I noticed that the TM4 has droop adjustment screws on the arms just like the 8th scale buggies. Has anyone messed with these on a carpet track? Did not see this adjustment on the XB4 2016, B64, or Serpent SDX4. I would think that on a smooth carpet track, this would provide a great advantage for suspension tuning. Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.