Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Internet petition to have Homer Allman removed from R/C racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by protouring
If people really are upset with ROAR and it Reps. then they will stop going to the Roar events and supporting them and there races. only time will tell.

where have you been...attendance sucks...dont know who's fault it is but ROAR is nothing like what it used to be.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Homer, thank you. Very good business policy. I will do so because I'm interested.

And, I have decided to edit an earlier post of this evening. I find I was on the edge of offensive and rude to you, without provocation. I do apologize.

ROAR doesnt support it's local HOBBY SHOPS????
Old 07-23-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

losi jon - sure ROAR does. I am also an individual racer who pays out of pocket for every item and always looking for the best deal.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

anothony sanders (imprsme), sounds like he needs to be on the roar committee, and it seems like dawns sanchez, you are just sayin this stuff so people arent mad at you, your words do not sound like they actually mean something, and i doubt you will do anything about this.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

fhm101 - who are you and what region do you live in? This is the first time I have heard of that one... and its worth looking into. Please email me?
Actually Dawn, we have discussed this on both the grid and TTT in the past. I well understand you have a lot on your plate and considering the compensation you receive my hats off to you on a personal level for taking it on in the first place. As for my situation, I've written it off, and ROAR as well. I appreciate your interest, but if the organization as a whole is so numb to their membership, or potential membership that not a single official contacted by all the parties involved could be bothered with it when it happened, a single individual, no matter how dedicated has little chance of turning the entire organization around some 4 years after the fact. I mention RCP only because their top official ( before and after Carlton took it over) has been not only in attendance at every RCP event I've been to, but is accessible if anyone needs or wants to talk to him. I'm not saying I think the ROAR president should attend every big ROAR race, but being able to at least get a reply from a regional official on an inquiry about holding a state race would be nice. As much as I love RC racing I really wish I could give glowing accounts of what a great organization ROAR is, but I can only relate my personal experiences. The general consensus in this neck of the woods is ROAR does not care about us, and the feeling is mutual for most of the racers here. We just get together and have fun anyway. I wish you the best of luck and will be keeping track of the doings at ROAR from the sidelines as I have been for the past 4 years.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I am glad some of you like the Ideas... But I in no way have intentions to run for Prez.! LOL

Like I said, I have been doing this off and on for almost 15yrs. I have seen the good, bad and ugly. Both NORRCA and ROAR.

Those things I posted should have been done 10 yrs ago.... If some of them were done just think where RC could be by now?

You would think that the TRACK OWNERS would have thought of some of these things. After all that is a BUSINESS for them, Most Businesses do some form of advertising, RIGHT? LOL
Old 07-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goldenboy
anothony sanders (imprsme), sounds like he needs to be on the roar committee, and it seems like dawns sanchez, you are just sayin this stuff so people arent mad at you, your words do not sound like they actually mean something, and i doubt you will do anything about this.

goldenboy - Your right. I am being nice. I refuse to have internet battles. They do nothing but hurt others. I'll be kind. I'll not participate in trash attacks. The drama revolves around others who are bored and have MASSIVE keyboard strength. After three years of nothing but constant negativity, I'm done with it. So, I choose to not respond to it and I choose to not be part of it. I will answer questions which was my goal when I began this and I will help in any way I can.

But, about membership money being stolen four years ago.. not much I can do but look into it and find an answer. I can't refund monies but I can find out what happened and hopefully make some strides that it doesn't happen again.

And yes, Anthony should be on committees and be involved. He has the right idea for ROAR and NO... one person cannot do it all. Its unfortunate he has a bad taste in his mouth right now about ROAR. I can't change that but I can try to understand and learn from it.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imprsme
You would think that the TRACK OWNERS would have thought of some of these things. After all that is a BUSINESS for them, Most Businesses do some form of advertising, RIGHT? LOL
Actually, that's what my response was going to be towards.. track owners have been very instrumental in promoting events along with ROAR. Yes, ROAR... entry forms in national magazines, small cable television pieces and sanctioned events advertised in magazines. Website work is continuing, not quick enough for me but never the less.

GEARS RC in Harlingen, Texas had four days of front page news of the off road fuel nationals and television coverage on the news each night. The club did this... track owners who are interested in making more notice of their events are very active.

I do understand what your saying and I hope you don't mind the series of PM's you'll be getting from me.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Actually, that's what my response was going to be towards.. track owners have been very instrumental in promoting events along with ROAR. Yes, ROAR... entry forms in national magazines, small cable television pieces and sanctioned events advertised in magazines. Website work is continuing, not quick enough for me but never the less.

GEARS RC in Harlingen, Texas had four days of front page news of the off road fuel nationals and television coverage on the news each night. The club did this... track owners who are interested in making more notice of their events are very active.

I do understand what your saying and I hope you don't mind the series of PM's you'll be getting from me.

Nope not at all , PM away! I have some other Ideas that you may or may not like. But it would help solve alot of the MAJOR crying from racers, at ROAR and even other races.

I don't have a bad taste for ROAR, I just feel that a ROAR National title should mean more than a Snowbirds, Reedy, or Cactus Classic win. If ROAR is going to be the governing body and the FACE of RC in the future, Some major changes need to be done.

It has gotten so that a ROAR race means absolutly nothing (in the racers eyes) its just an overpriced club race. I heard it today from a track owner, I don't know if our track should join ROAR, we aren't going to get anything but some insurance, and only then if ALL racers are ROAR members.

Thats SAD, that a trackowner/racer feels like that about ROAR. But you know its true, I haven't seen but one race that I attended that had a ROAR Regional director there in the last 3 yrs..... And that was at the Carpet regionals at MIMI's a few months back. Carl was there and did a GREAT job.

Anthony
Old 07-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Dawn- one more quick question... I have never attended one of the "BIG" industry expo's (Chicago,Vegas)

But does ROAR have a booth at the expo's? The Chicago expo get like 5000 ppl thru it in 3 days, not all of those 5000 know there is organized racing out there.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
Dawn- one more quick question... I have never attended one of the "BIG" industry expo's (Chicago,Vegas)

But does ROAR have a booth at the expo's? The Chicago expo get like 5000 ppl thru it in 3 days, not all of those 5000 know there is organized racing out there.
Check mate.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Wha...?
Old 07-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AWOLsoldier
Yah I'm sure you're the real jesse james... shouldn't you and Sandra Bullock be on a honemoon about now?
I find it funny that someone would really think the "real" JJ would even think of posting on a toy car forum. Maybe I should sign up under a new name. Hummmm, maybe I'll be Paul Sr. from OCC choppers and come out and put a size 12 up someones ass! LOL
Old 07-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

But, about membership money being stolen four years ago.. not much I can do but look into it and find an answer. I can't refund monies but I can find out what happened and hopefully make some strides that it doesn't happen again.
Dawn, I'm afraid I have given you the wrong impression. That particular issue is not now, nor has it ever been the lost money. If $35 was enough to worry about then I have no business being involved in toy car racing to start with. The real issue here, at least to me was an initial violation of trust when the guy took my money with the promise to deliver a ROAR membership then pocketed the cash. Oddly enough, all those that paid by check that day got a membership while those of us that paid cash got......well you know what we got. The initial theft was bad enough, but the total stonewall by the national office demonstrated that ROAR clearly could care less about their rank and file membership. I realize that characterizing what happened as theft is harsh and discounts the chance that it was nothing more than a paperwork SNAFU, but the simple fact remains that no one at the national office cared enough to find out.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GregH
I find it funny that someone would really think the "real" JJ would even think of posting on a toy car forum. Maybe I should sign up under a new name. Hummmm, maybe I'll be Paul Sr. from OCC choppers and come out and put a size 12 up someones ass! LOL
I find it funny that you would think that I would think that. It was sarcasm - google it. If you don't like the hobby then why do you have to belittle it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.