Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Biggest Baddest Brushless on the planet!! >

Biggest Baddest Brushless on the planet!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Biggest Baddest Brushless on the planet!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default Biggest Baddest Brushless on the planet!!

This is a stretched XB-E that is currently getting new diff housings in front and rear they and the wheel hubs are made by 7075rc. 24mm hex adapters are Ramtech and the motor is the beast 524 2Y 910 kv motor with 200 amp esc that has caps added running on 8s Nano-tech 65-130c 5000 lipos. carbon fiber body is vac bagged with impact resin making it 18 time stronger than the losi body. And is lighter to boot!

SORRY GUYS NO PICTURES AS THIS WEB SITE WILL NOT LET ME POST ANY URL. SO THAT TAKE PHOTOBUCKET OUT !!!!
iT ALSO TAKES YOUTUBE OUT!!!!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

But if you look at youtube look up losi 5 hybrid or stretched XB-E. I wish I could do more for you!
Old 01-19-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If you were part of the community with some relatively decent posts you would be able to post pics. Until then, whine all you want but without pics, it ain't real.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Old 01-19-2014, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

8S? That's cute. Theres a 12S out there somewhere...
Old 01-19-2014, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah, come back when you're at least at this level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtjOcGdc85A
Old 01-19-2014, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stascom
Yeah, come back when you're at least at this level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtjOcGdc85A
That's a great tire glue job haha
Old 01-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where is the carbon fiber body?
I'm curious to see how a ridged body will do in a crash. I bet it transfers energy and breaks other stuff.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What I find funny is you do all this work and spend all that money and you use cheap nano tech lipos? I'm sure that there are others esc's out there that can run 8s but the only one I know is MGM and they are $500.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What exactly is wrong with the nano tech batts?
Old 01-20-2014, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
What exactly is wrong with the nano tech batts?
There is nothing wrong with them. This application will need something with better power, lowest internal resistance ect.... the the nano techs cant provide. There are much better choices out there that would give the power needed to do what this guy is doing. Nano tecks just are not the best choice. The best way that I can say it is would you put walmart brand tires on a Ferrari Enzo or would you put on Pirelli's. The walmart tires will work but not the best choice for the application.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobrkr
There is nothing wrong with them. This application will need something with better power, lowest internal resistance ect.... the the nano techs cant provide. There are much better choices out there that would give the power needed to do what this guy is doing. Nano tecks just are not the best choice. The best way that I can say it is would you put walmart brand tires on a Ferrari Enzo or would you put on Pirelli's. The walmart tires will work but not the best choice for the application.
So how about some actual numbers and pics for proof of this? Since so many companies all sell THE SAME DAMN BATTERIES with different labels on them, how do you know they aren't the same OEM as the Hv lipos in your sig?

Stop regurgitating internet rumors, and supply hard data and pics to back up your claim please.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

That's a horrible comparison. Secondly I don't think you have much actual data to back this up. A few weekends ago we were sitting around the pits between races and started testing some of our batteries to see what the IR's looked like. The Nanotech 2s 6000's I had came in a 3.5, some Orcas came in at 3.0, EAM's came in around 4, and SMC's were similiar at 4, Gen Ace 5000's were higher at 4.5.

All packs were tested on the same charger and were of similiar age.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twissted
But if you look at youtube look up losi 5 hybrid or stretched XB-E. I wish I could do more for you!
This did pull up some results but I am not sure if I am getting what you are trying to share with us.

I am not sure if you can IM the link any better than you can post them without approval / established member status. But I would gladly put a link on here for you if I knew which was what you intended.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOL ignorance is bliss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.