Wiki Posts
Search

hobbywing problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tyler548
I have the tenshock sc411 with the hobbywing sct pro, and when I do the software update with the USB on my computer what software should I use?
Hobbywing USB Link V3.4
1. Database for car is updated to the latest Version "130814",
Here we release the new firmware V103_130806-Beta for XERUN-150A, XERUN-SCT-PRO, EZRUN-150A, EZRUN-WP-SC8 ESCs, and following improvements have been made on the former version:
1). Excellent startup performance at low RPM greatly improved the linearity.
2). The acceleration is much quicker than before. The new firmware eliminates the discontinuous speed jump in the old firmware, now its control feeling in sensorless mode is very near to the control feeling of sensored brushless system.
3). Compatibility with Tenshock sensored motor has been observably improved.
4). Supports motors with higher KV. The new firmware solves the trembling problem occurs to some high RPM multi-poles (>=4 poles) motors at part throttle.
5). The new firmware is “SAFER” than the old one.
a). It doesn’t allow the neutral throttle point coinciding with the full throttle point, while the old firmware allows user to set them to a same point. Therefore, the new firmware eliminates the possibility of unexpected full-speed running when the ESC is switched on. Undoubtedly, it makes the whole system safer for users and crowd nearby.
b). When the ESC is switched on, the motor can be started ONLY if the ESC detects the throttle signal is correctly in the neutral range. If the throttle signal is out of the neutral range, then the motor cannot be started. This also makes the entire system more secure for RC car drivers and people close by.
2. Bug Fix for USB Link Software(BUG: when updating the LCD firemware program, the progress bar often gets lost)
Old 01-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

can't even download the hobbywing software to my computer without going threw trouble. never buying anything else from hobbywing, just going to buy a new motor and esc from another brand.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

can't even download the hobbywing software to my computer without going threw trouble. never buying anything else from hobbywing, just going to buy a new motor and esc from another brand.
$40 for your HW SCTPro esc!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

It is kinda a PITA plus you got to have the USB link to make it work. My son is a computer wiz that's the only reason I got mine to work or I'm with you there. Do you run at any track? If so maybe you can ask around and see if anyone has the software already installed. I know I usually take my laptop to the track and more than willing to help anyone out. Actually found a video that might help you out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhq077bYFfw
Old 01-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

im guessing the newest beta update thats supposed to work did not work.. im getting about 10 seconds of fully charged lipo going fast the 10 seconds of dead battery, then it just stops and esc blinking red. not to sure what to do now, will a tekin esc go good with the tenshock motor or what? could the sensor wire be a problem because my sensor wire is not plugged in.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Sensor wire wouldn't cause that. That would just cause it to run sensorless. I suggest you stop running it for now so you don't damage it. The tekin ESC will run the tenshock very well. If your looking for a new ESC and motor i suggest the viper copperhead vxr.45. I used to run tenshock and hobbywing and then went with viper and i never look back. The power is amazing, just as good as the tekin combo. And only $120.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

you have the link to that combo? would rather just get a tekin or another esc, don't make since why its messing up..
Old 01-18-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry the link for amain isn't working. Do a google search of " viper vx4r.45 " it will pop up.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Same thing happened to my Mamba Max Pro when I upgraded to the beta software. I rolled back to the original version and it worked great. Give it a try.
Plus j3fron is right you can draw enough from a full battery to briefly kick in the lvc if you have a high power motor. Punch control is the most likely resolution.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

im guessing the newest beta update thats supposed to work did not work.. im getting about 10 seconds of fully charged lipo going fast the 10 seconds of dead battery, then it just stops and esc blinking red. not to sure what to do now, will a tekin esc go good with the tenshock motor or what? could the sensor wire be a problem because my sensor wire is not plugged in.
Hook the sensor wire up! Try it, if that doesn't fix it. Shut off the LVC try it again. What's your punch setting? List your esc settings. Just needs a little trouble shooting. Also where did you buy it from?

Roger
Old 01-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Bought it from funshobby.
Mode1: for/rev/break
Mode2: drag brake 0%
Mode3: voltoge prot. 3.0v/cell
Mode4: drrs punch level 5
Mode5: brake force 50%
Mode6: reverce 25%
Mode7: initial brake * drag brake
Mode8: neutral range 9%
Mode9: ATMs timing 5
-Jumps to mode 12-
Mode12: motor rotate ccw
Mode13:I have at my lipo (2cell 7.4v)
Mode
Old 01-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Had the same problem. I have the same setup. When it happens if you give the car a push will it take off again? If so the esc is fried. Had this happen to my sct pro and orion r10 same exact symptoms same exact result. Sct pro was because the fan got a little pebble stuck so it stopped spinning and it overheated. R10 was who knows why. Both were repaired under warranty and work perfect again.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Bought it from funshobby.
Mode1: for/rev/break
Mode2: drag brake 0%
Mode3: voltoge prot. 3.0v/cell
Mode4: drrs punch level 5
Mode5: brake force 50%
Mode6: reverce 25%
Mode7: initial brake * drag brake
Mode8: neutral range 9%
Mode9: ATMs timing 5
-Jumps to mode 12-
Mode12: motor rotate ccw
Mode13:I have at my lipo (2cell 7.4v)
Mode
I bought mine also from funshobby. They had fine shipping and all but there support needs work. You email them and they email you back in Chinese. I gave up on getting my refund
Old 01-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

The esc is brand new how is it already fried? Instead of trying to deal with funshobby poor support and sending it back to china and Wait to get it back I will get a tekin esc that I know is a good product.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hook the freakin sensor wire up ! (like lewis said already).

I have my doubts there is a problem with your esc. I think it's user error. But if there was a problem, you wouldn't send to it to funhobby. You would go send it to Hobbywing North America http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/rma

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.