Wiki Posts
Search

Losi XXXT-What To Do With It

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Losi XXXT-What To Do With It

I have a 10+ old Losi XXXT I don't know what to do with. It has several of the graphite parts. It is in good shape and runs fine, but it is time to either dump it or upgrade it. I don't want to spend more than $150 or so.

I take it out on the street or track just to run around with my son who has a Slash 4x4. Some part always breaks, but my LHS still has plenty of parts for the XXXT.

Options I am considering:

1. Sell the XXXT and buy a something else (RTR) to bash around with. Suggestions of what to buy?

2. Buy a low end brushless system ($120) and a newer radio off e-bay ($50) and upgrade the XXXT.

Suggestions? Is the XXXT worth keeping around and doing anything with it?
Old 01-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by explorerlyon
I have a 10+ old Losi XXXT I don't know what to do with. It has several of the graphite parts. It is in good shape and runs fine, but it is time to either dump it or upgrade it. I don't want to spend more than $150 or so.

I take it out on the street or track just to run around with my son who has a Slash 4x4. Some part always breaks, but my LHS still has plenty of parts for the XXXT.

Options I am considering:

1. Sell the XXXT and buy a something else (RTR) to bash around with. Suggestions of what to buy?

2. Buy a low end brushless system ($120) and a newer radio off e-bay ($50) and upgrade the XXXT.

Suggestions? Is the XXXT worth keeping around and doing anything with it?
Yes, keep it if it is light bashing, but don't put money into upgrades. Save the money for a new car in the future.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
Yes, keep it if it is light bashing, but don't put money into upgrades. Save the money for a new car in the future.
I would just run it. I still have a xxxsct which is based off of the xxxt and its an awesome truck. I take it to the track and let the kids run it. Only thing that really brakes is a-arms.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

Great truck for bashing or even racing. Keep it!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Upgrading the electronics can always transfer to the next RC so that is what I would do.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ThePanda
Light bashing....that my be part of my issue. Seems every time I run the XXXT something breaks. Granted, everything only costs $5-$10 to replace, but is does add up. Just noticed the front bulkhead needs to be replaced as the screws are stripped out holding the front bumper and pivot block.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Race it! It's always cool to see the older cars still racing and winning against the new vehicles!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by biff85ta
Upgrading the electronics can always transfer to the next RC so that is what I would do.
If I upgrade the electronics, I think I want to go cheap. Was thinking of buying the Traxxas XL-5 and Titan motor for about $50 off ebay. I do use Lipos so I want a low voltage cut-off system. I would also want to buy a used radio.

Suggestions for electronics for the XXXt.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by explorerlyon
If I upgrade the electronics, I think I want to go cheap. Was thinking of buying the Traxxas XL-5 and Titan motor for about $50 off ebay. I do use Lipos so I want a low voltage cut-off system. I would also want to buy a used radio.

Suggestions for electronics for the XXXt.
Nooooo don't get that combo it is junk and the motor doesn't last long at all. You would be of getting something like this for the money.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...000KV_80A.html
Old 01-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Another idea for you is if your local area has an RC Swap meet, bring a few of the XXXt's to trade for parts you are looking for

It is a bummer that parts break when you are bashing--I'd probably would get a Traxxas Slash roller or an SC10 If it was me though, I'd save up for a newer kit or trade it for an SC10 to refine my racing skills
Old 01-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestions on esc and motor. Any suggestion for a 2.4 radio? My current servo is a Hitec HS-562MG. Will that work with a 2.4 radio or do I have to replace my servo as well?