Search
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Cmgreen

EDS or Arrowmax?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 07:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? EDS or Arrowmax?

Hello everyone I'm considering the purchase of a series of hexagonal screwdrivers (both metric and inch) ... are undecided between the EDS and the Arrowmax purple ... which ones do you recommend?
Old 06-16-2018, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

I have the Arrowmax purple and can't fault them. I chose them based on a recommendation from a friend who said he had them 5years before repllacing the tip. The only tools I can compare them to are Muchmore and the Arrowmax are much nicer to use than the Muchmore set, they just feel better and a bit more solid
Old 06-16-2018, 01:41 PM
Suspended

MIP, much better than both
a1 and kevinatfms like this.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

If you are on budget, I can suggest the turnigy v2 series... Its great at that price point...
Old 06-17-2018, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

MIP
Old 06-17-2018, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

but hes asking about ed's or Arowmax. yes, MIP is fantastic,but thats not what he asked about........
Old 06-17-2018, 01:10 PM
Tech Rookie

I know that the MIP tools are considered among the best, but their price is much higher than the tools I am considering, also in Europe they are practically impossible to find (i live in Italy)... while instead Arrowmax and EDS are quite easily found
Old 06-17-2018, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have had both, In my opinion EDS is far better than arrowmax. I have had EDS, Exceed, Arrowmax purple and honeycomb, Hudy, Kyosho (the Kanai set) and MIP. MIP is the best, followed by Kyosho then EDS or Hudy. The problem I have had with all my arrowmax is the 2.5 stripping in the handle. I have used loctite on the setscrew when I got a replacement, but for some reason the torque put on it with nitro always seemed to work itself lose and eventually get the handle stripped. probably not an issue for electric as this is where this thread is posted. But my EDS have NEVER stripped out a setscrew in the handle, I actually sold my old set that was 5 years old to a new guy.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:14 AM
Tech Rookie

another solution I'm considering is to buy the universal Hudy handle for power tip and buy the power tips I need from Arrowmax or EDS... can it be a good choice? Or putting and removing the tips continuously you risk that the magnet will ruin in a short time making the handle no longer usable... according to you what is better? Considering that the price difference between a screwdriver kit and this second option is not so high (the kit would cost just over $10 more)...
Old 06-18-2018, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I started out with a set of cheap Chinese off brand just to get the handles, then I replaced the bits from EDS, they tend to last about 2-3 years before they need to be replaced.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Belvis
another solution I'm considering is to buy the universal Hudy handle for power tip and buy the power tips I need from Arrowmax or EDS... can it be a good choice? Or putting and removing the tips continuously you risk that the magnet will ruin in a short time making the handle no longer usable... according to you what is better? Considering that the price difference between a screwdriver kit and this second option is not so high (the kit would cost just over $10 more)...
I have a few sets of tips and even a ratcheing handle and a ratchet. when building a kit the tips are nice with a ratchet, or when really cranking down on something. That being said, it is a pain to look for the tip or only having one handle. I would just go with the EDS set, then get you a 5.5 and a 7.0 nut driver and be done with it. Another issue you might run into is sometimes screws get stuck and you need to beat on the handle and twist at the same time to free them up without stripping the heads, and with tips, this becomes either good or bad, good if you have a cresent wrench bad if you have to use your only handle...
Old 06-19-2018, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I did similar to Bill. Started with some Turnigy drivers, and when they wore out (pretty quickly) I swapped the tips with EDS. They have been great so far. Snug fit in the hex heads, nice sharp corners on the bits.

I also have some MIP bits for the power driver, I actually like the EDS better. The MIP fit is so tight that often it is hard to get the screw off the bit. Gets annoying. The EDS bits fit snug in the screw, but not tight like the MIP.

I have not used Arrowmax tools.