Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Traxxas Slash 2wd Lcg Chassis Choices >

Traxxas Slash 2wd Lcg Chassis Choices

Traxxas Slash 2wd Lcg Chassis Choices

Old 01-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas Slash 2wd Lcg Chassis Choices

In your opinion, what is the best lcg chassis for the Traxxas Slash 2wd. I have the "factory" chassis and have been bashing with it for years. It's been very durable and I haven't broken many parts. For racing however, it's not the best. I've recently been researching the lcg chassis for the Slash 2wd and have came up with 4 choices. I would like to be able to "bash" around the yard with it, but yet be competitive racing. I don't know if I can have the best of both worlds but it's worth a try. If anyone owns or has had an experience with one of these kits please write a comment about your experience.

#1 The blue Traxxas brand lcg chassis
#2 Chuckworksrc Slice Chassis
#3 Wmd eliminator lcg chassis.
#4 Strc Lcg Kit (rustler chassis adapter kit)

P.S. If anyone knows how to get up with the Wmd guys let me know. Are they still in business?
Old 01-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there a specific reason why you are not considering the Proline chassis for the Slash? Although I have no personal experience with the chassis, I have heard good things from those that run it.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think the pro-line would be dope since they released their own truck with those parts, I would assume parts availability would become easier for it.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

The proline one is very good, I have seen it in action and it's smoth
Old 01-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are you going to race it? If so use your money wisely and by the Traxxas kit, race it for a while, while saving for a true racing SCT. I know from experience, I have a $1000 Anza slash sitting in my garage. If you must go with a higher end kit get the Proline or Anza. Fact of the matter is the day I first drove my SC10.2 I was 2 seconds a lap faster.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I love my Thundertech LCG chassis......and it's For Sale!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...lcg-slash.html

The Anza and Proline kits are good, but the Thundertech has the battery (and ESC if you do it right) so low to the ground that you can sling the truck around corners with ease. The new Traxxas LCG has a very rigid chassis, but I haven't seen an assembled one go around the track yet.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

i have a Pro-Line Chassis. while it is an excellent product and was a huge improvement, i have to tell you to skip an LCG chassis for your slash.

do yourself a favor; leave the slash stock and then spend the extra money on a TLR 22SCT or other race oriented 2wd SCT platform.

if you do go the route of LCG, you will quickly find that the stock electronics are holding you back... then you'll want some big bore shocks... and all of a sudden you have more money in your slash than it would have taken to buy a racer.... and at the end of the day you still only have a slash.

what appears to be the cheap way at first will often end up being the most expensive.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

i have a Pro-Line Chassis. while it is an excellent product and was a huge improvement, i have to tell you to skip an LCG chassis for your slash.

do yourself a favor; leave the slash stock and then spend the extra money on a TLR 22SCT or other race oriented 2wd SCT platform.

if you do go the route of LCG, you will quickly find that the stock electronics are holding you back... then you'll want some big bore shocks... and all of a sudden you have more money in your slash than it would have taken to buy a racer.... and at the end of the day you still only have a slash.

what appears to be the cheap way at first will often end up being the most expensive.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcooper273
I love my Thundertech LCG chassis......and it's For Sale!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...lcg-slash.html

The Anza and Proline kits are good, but the Thundertech has the battery (and ESC if you do it right) so low to the ground that you can sling the truck around corners with ease. The new Traxxas LCG has a very rigid chassis, but I haven't seen an assembled one go around the track yet.
You better take a closer look at the Anza and Proline chassis you cant get the battery or ESC any lower to the ground or they would be under the car!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by BillPear
You better take a closer look at the Anza and Proline chassis you cant get the battery or ESC any lower to the ground or they would be under the car!
Loo tru that
Old 01-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Never even thought of the proline kit. I'll definitely check it out. As far as a racer I do have an associated 10.2 that I run. Just looking for something different to run on the track. Never heard of the anza. I'll check it out as well.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

I would go the cheapest route. Maybe add the protrac suspension at the most. Do not spend any more money on it unless its just for the novelty factor. Its really easy to end up with a $1000 slash that is no better than a stock sc10.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Rookie

That proline kit looks like a losi 22
Old 01-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Stregone
I would go the cheapest route. Maybe add the protrac suspension at the most. Do not spend any more money on it unless its just for the novelty factor. Its really easy to end up with a $1000 slash that is no better than a stock sc10.
I hear ya buddy. I know the slash was made for bashing mainly and it's not a racer. Just really looking for something different to run in the track. I don't plan on going pro or anything...lol just want to have some fun
Old 01-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Tru Blue Traxxas Chassis Better Than After Market Chassis

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.