Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Would Vorza Flux win over Losi TEN-SCTE?  (2s vs 4/6s lipo question) >

Would Vorza Flux win over Losi TEN-SCTE? (2s vs 4/6s lipo question)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would Vorza Flux win over Losi TEN-SCTE? (2s vs 4/6s lipo question)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Would Vorza Flux win over Losi TEN-SCTE? (2s vs 4/6s lipo question)

Hi. Me and my friends are planning to get ourselves R/C cars and have some fun, backyard (grass, sand, asphalt) bashing and serious
r/c dirt and asphalt tracks.

I am slightly worried that my choice of car (Losi SCTE) will endup being the slower one. Mainly due to different batteries.

* (1:10 short course) ... Losi TEN-SCTE ....... 550-size, 4-pole, 2800Kv SC motor... recommends 2s...
* (1:8 buggy) ........... hpi vorza flux hp.... brushless Flux 2200KV engine. With 4s lipo (but handles 6s?)..
* 3rd cant afford, but dreams about (1:8 buggy) HPI Apache RTR C1 Flux "Lipo Edition" .. Alphastar 2350KV 4 pole engine .. with 4s lipo.

How would these two compare as stock?
And would it be worth it if i choice to buy 3S batteries and gear down to 13T or 12T?

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by citrus
Hi. Me and my friends are planning to get ourselves R/C cars and have some fun, backyard (grass, sand, asphalt) bashing and serious
r/c dirt and asphalt tracks.

I am slightly worried that my choice of car (Losi SCTE) will endup being the slower one. Mainly due to different batteries.

* (1:10 short course) ... Losi TEN-SCTE ....... 550-size, 4-pole, 2800Kv SC motor... recommends 2s...
* (1:8 buggy) ........... hpi vorza flux hp.... brushless Flux 2200KV engine. With 4s lipo (but handles 6s?)..
* 3rd cant afford, but dreams about (1:8 buggy) HPI Apache RTR C1 Flux "Lipo Edition" .. Alphastar 2350KV 4 pole engine .. with 4s lipo.

How would these two compare as stock?
And would it be worth it if i choice to buy 3S batteries and gear down to 13T or 12T?

Thanks!
Hey mate, if you can afford the hpi vorza then get that. The SCTE will be quick and you could easily get away with running that motor on 4s (we ran the 3800kv on 4s even though its not recommended). The diffs may not hold for long on a higher voltage though. The vorza will be a beast on 6s. One of the better built buggys for bashing as far as I know. It will be fine on 4s but 6s will wake it up! Stock tyres are fine or grab some badlands and that should cover you for the surfaces you mentioned. Someone else here might have better advice for you. I tend to push things a little far with RC cars. My current losi 8ight-e has the castle mm2 running the xo-1 motor on 6s with a 25t pinion and 40t ofna spur. Its been fine on 6s for around 10 packs but now the rear diff seems to have opened itself up.