Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 06-08-2016, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by _danimal_
I'm curious to see the end result. Are those Yokomo parts? Does the bottom of the transmission case line up with the holes in the chassis, or did you have to drill some new ones?
You have to drill 4 holes, and make a plate to connect the trans case to the rear shock tower. The AE Bearings, Diff and Topshaft fit the Yokomo case with a few shims.

If you're on facebook, look up Matt R/C Designs. It was his idea
Old 06-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Had bought a package deal with a great condition B5m with many spare parts and upgrades and even included a lite chassis new in package. Been racing the car with great results and last week I put on the lite chassis, by far best buggy I've ever raced . One other thing that came with package deal is a Shapeways laydown 3 gear trans. Fits on all back holes but you gotta drill two holes in chassis up front . I'm gonna put together a second buggy with laydown and see how it goes. I know Shapeways is 3D printed , anyone have experience with any of the Shapeways products? They make a set of front arms with three holes for the shock so I ordered a pair. I wanna see if it will improve at all if I place shock in far outer hole to lay the shock down more. Soon enough I'll be trying these products out so if I see it improved my lap times I'll post it here but I'm just curious if anyone used any items from this company . Cheers

Last edited by peter george; 06-09-2016 at 04:24 AM.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter george
Had bought a package deal with a great condition B5m with many spare parts and upgrades and even included a lite chassis new in package. Been racing the car with great results and last week I put on the lite chassis, by far best buggy I've ever raced . One other thing that came with package deal is a Shapeways laydown 3 gear trans. Fits on all back holes but you gotta drill two holes in chassis up front . I'm gonna put together a second buggy with laydown and see how it goes. I know Shapeways is 3D printed , anyone have experience with any of the Shapeways products? They make a set of front arms with three holes for the shock so I ordered a pair. I wanna see if it will improve at all if I place shock in far outer hole to lay the shock down more. Soon enough I'll be trying these products out so if I see it improved my lap times I'll post it here but I'm just curious if anyone used any items from this company . Cheers
You know if you lay your shocks more ...the more unresponsive your shocks are right? If you have way too much steering then that might help it.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Phillip F
You know if you lay your shocks more ...the more unresponsive your shocks are right? If you have way too much steering then that might help it.
I do have a bit too much steering but I figure with the added shock mounting hole I can use more combinations to get her to feel just right. An extra tunning option, I've seen guys drill an extra hole on their b5m front arms but doing it after the fact I think will make the arm more frail
Old 06-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I do have a bit too much steering but I figure with the added shock mounting hole I can use more combinations to get her to feel just right. An extra tunning option, I've seen guys drill an extra hole on their b5m front arms but doing it after the fact I think will make the arm more frail
the 3d printed arms will be more frail
Old 06-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? New To racing..

Hey guys. Im new here and new to the racing world.
Just a couple of quick questions on the B5m
Im looking for a durable buggy for my 1st 2wd buggy. Would you recommend the B5m for someone like myself?
If so, which top 3 recommendations for the initial upgrades do you suggest? Ill be racing on outdoor clay loomy tracks.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:36 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I gave my 8 year old my b5m as his first buggy. He has been thrashing it at local tracks. He has only broken the steering bellcrank and 1 a arm after hitting a wall at the end of a straight full speed. It is shockingly durable. Just don't upgrade any of the hard parts as those are more brittle. All you need is the aluminum c and d mounts. Done

Originally Posted by TXn Scaler
Hey guys. Im new here and new to the racing world.
Just a couple of quick questions on the B5m
Im looking for a durable buggy for my 1st 2wd buggy. Would you recommend the B5m for someone like myself?
If so, which top 3 recommendations for the initial upgrades do you suggest? Ill be racing on outdoor clay loomy tracks.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

anyone have experience with any of the Shapeways products?
I've been running the ACRC (shapeways) 3 gear in my car for a few months now and have no issues to report. I didn't drill the extra two forward holes in my chassis either. Just keep an eye on the gearbox over time as some people have mentioned their's developed some slop.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by boucher
I've been running the ACRC (shapeways) 3 gear in my car for a few months now and have no issues to report. I didn't drill the extra two forward holes in my chassis either. Just keep an eye on the gearbox over time as some people have mentioned their's developed some slop.
Thanks for posting, I don't see any reason why it would not be just as good as any. I actually own a DEX 210 with a front drive conversion that uses all 3D printed arms and stuff. The quality is pretty good but then again everything gets a chance to be proven during racing conditions. Really can't wait to try out those arms tho.

Last edited by peter george; 06-11-2016 at 05:01 AM.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Nub question incoming:
Can I use these 2 rims for my B5m? They dont seem to have a different offset, just a different style? Same questions goes for the rear tires!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-rims.jpg  
Old 06-11-2016, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by man1ac
Nub question incoming:
Can I use these 2 rims for my B5m? They dont seem to have a different offset, just a different style? Same questions goes for the rear tires!
Shouldn't be a problem.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by man1ac
Nub question incoming:
Yea no problem, I use both types of those same rims on my b5m
Old 06-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've got my buggy torn down for a long overdue rebuild and am throwing some(more) upgrades at it mainly in lighter weight driveline parts. Ive already got a 3gear,slipper eliminator topshaft,etc. my question is since ive already got my trans opened do I want to change out my idler shaft/ is there and actual performance gain in doing it or is it just some grams off overall weight
Old 06-13-2016, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Will the s2 worlds body fit with the 3 and 4 gear lcg transmission using the fan mount battery strap? That seems like a sweet set up! I have the r1 wurks 15mm thick fan and I know the finnisher body will work but I'd way rather have the s2 worlds. Please help, thanks.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Got my YZ-2 Transmission conversion done. This car has so much steering now it's hard to believe, but my lap times are close to my b44.3...of course I'm really bad at driving the 4wd buggy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.