Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddie7978
what motor should i look at for a beginner
If you are running stock, anything in the reedy 17.5 should be a good overall motor for you.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by intercede007
Thanks! That'll get me started and suggests I'm on the right track. I noticed Reedy has a couple setup sheets for the 800z. I also ran through the manual again and did some reading. I think I'll add 5% drag, adjust my brake EPA down, and see how it does after a few runs.

Thanks again!
Those are good suggestions - I'd also look at going to -1.5 degree camber on the front or 1 step softer front spring.

Bruce
Old 04-08-2016, 02:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddie7978
what motor should i look at for a beginner
Like someone already said the reedy motors are great, I would probably go with the Short stack 17.5 reedy (1s) or the SchuurSpeed Motors are awesome! I think the SchuurSpeed is a faster motor, and they are within a few dollars of each other.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls
The main problem used to be that the cars have to fit in the "box" at roar races. The 4wd fronts made the car a tad to wide for it.
Well if your car wont fit in the box because of front tires you have issues as 2wd buggy front tires have a way narrower track than the rear, do you have rear tires up front?

People have been using the 4wd front tire trick since I started like 10 years ago, I haven't ever seen a buggy with 4wd fronts fail tech.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by belewis01
Those are good suggestions - I'd also look at going to -1.5 degree camber on the front or 1 step softer front spring.

Bruce
Thanks Bruce!

I went up to -2deg on the front. It felt a little bit better, but the car still wasn't turning in all that well. I went back to stock settings until I could figure something else out.

Springs and oil were up next, but I wanted to take the stock setup as far as it would go before I ended up with a mess. The other B5Ms at the track are running mismatched front and rear springs (heavier rear versus front) as well as shock oil weights. So you're on to something for sure.

I'll go back out next week (hopefully) and see how the drag brake and EPA adjustments do. If I like those, I'll probably start looking at buying a couple different shock sets and oils.

EDIT: Ohh, forgot to mention. On March 26th I did a Sporstman class race. There is a AE sponsored (not pro) driver at the track who I chatted with about basic stuff. He really sorted me out on some things. Who knew hitting everything on the way around the track would knock our camber adjustments all out of whack? Anyway, he watched me drive a bit, gave me some pointers, and pulled out the 1MM ball stud washers from the rear leaving me with just the 2MM (instructions say install both). Can't say that did much, but minute changes are probably lost on me at the moment.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default New C and D block inserts! Check out this new product and many others on the website

[IMG]//https://www.3dgydesigns.com/collections/frontpage/products/team-associated-b5m-rear-pill-set-2mm-offset-high-low-roll-center-1-2-antisquat[/IMG]
Old 04-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sleeper13
[IMG]//https://www.3dgydesigns.com/collections/frontpage/products/team-associated-b5m-rear-pill-set-2mm-offset-high-low-roll-center-1-2-antisquat[/IMG]
I am currently passing on anything 3d printed. I just dont think the tech or the materials are there yet.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

"precision 3D printed"

Nope - just get the ghea's that are delrin.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default www.3dgydesigns.com new designed C&D mounts for b5m, sc5m and t5m

http://https://www.3dgydesigns.com/c...-1-2-antisquat
Old 04-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
"precision 3D printed"

Nope - just get the ghea's that are delrin.
GHEA doesn't have high/low roll center options like this does though.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by intercede007

EDIT: Ohh, forgot to mention. On March 26th I did a Sporstman class race. There is a AE sponsored (not pro) driver at the track who I chatted with about basic stuff. He really sorted me out on some things. Who knew hitting everything on the way around the track would knock our camber adjustments all out of whack? Anyway, he watched me drive a bit, gave me some pointers, and pulled out the 1MM ball stud washers from the rear leaving me with just the 2MM (instructions say install both). Can't say that did much, but minute changes are probably lost on me at the moment.
I'm pretty much at the same level as you. Spent weeks developing my own package, based on the stock set up. Stiffer springs all around, heavier shock oil, lower ride height. It drove well, but wasn't consistent or much faster. Finally asked my son for help ( he's one of the fastest guys in 17.5 at our track ) Took a huge leap of faith to try his set up - different springs, shock oil, droop, camber links as long as you can get them. Looked pretty radical in my mind, but it totally hooked up. It was a big learning experience, sometimes you have to ask for help.

Bruce
Old 04-08-2016, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Link to the ghea?

Actually, link to associated lcg car?? Bueller???
Old 04-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AZJP
Link to the ghea?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...ea2073/p403702
Old 04-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I am currently passing on anything 3d printed. I just dont think the tech or the materials are there yet.
+1

The lay down transmissions are tempting, and look good, but I've heard both good and bad - parts not lining up straight, cases breaking etc., and while the rear hubs and some of these newer bits all look nice but I am not convinced they will hold up for very long or are printed strong enough to withstand a "club racing" collision I'm glad its being done but I don't personally feel that they are "there" yet.

I do foresee one day ordering up a part online from a manufacturer, downloading the file and printing my own stuff at home or at the track - then the file disappears - no more stocking parts, just order it on my phone, print it and go race!
Old 04-08-2016, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
+1

The lay down transmissions are tempting, and look good, but I've heard both good and bad - parts not lining up straight, cases breaking etc., and while the rear hubs and some of these newer bits all look nice but I am not convinced they will hold up for very long or are printed strong enough to withstand a "club racing" collision I'm glad its being done but I don't personally feel that they are "there" yet.

I do foresee one day ordering up a part online from a manufacturer, downloading the file and printing my own stuff at home or at the track - then the file disappears - no more stocking parts, just order it on my phone, print it and go race!
The WWHD laydown transmission is NOT 3d printed. It is machined out of delrin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.