Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 03-21-2016, 08:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Slashn77
What makes it so special? I have an aluminum one that is still in the package waiting for the original one to break which it hasn't so can u convince me to put it in even though nothing's wrong with the stock bulkhead

It gives you more forward weight/turn in and steering also with the Alum bulkhead which cant on this buggy especially running mod motor.

Ive haven't tried out the alum bulkhead though yet.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
It gives you more forward weight/turn in and steering also with the Alum bulkhead which cant on this buggy especially running mod motor.

Ive haven't tried out the alum bulkhead though yet.
I run 17.5 stock class with no weight minimum and not blinky either so anything that cuts weight is what I need to compete. Especially since I don't have one of those KILLSHOT or whatever motor that is much faster than my 17.5 Reedy Mach 3
Old 03-21-2016, 09:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I run 17.5 stock class with no weight minimum and not blinky either so anything that cuts weight is what I need to compete. Especially since I don't have one of those KILLSHOT or whatever motor that is much faster than my 17.5 Reedy Mach 3
You do know unless your running on a track that's smooth as glass with ultra traction, an ultralight buggy won't be any faster than a heavier one. That's why heavy buggies always win national level races. Just an fyi.

A stock class that isn't blinky might as well be a mod class....
Old 03-21-2016, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thecman26
You do know unless your running on a track that's smooth as glass with ultra traction, an ultralight buggy won't be any faster than a heavier one. That's why heavy buggies always win national level races. Just an fyi.

A stock class that isn't blinky might as well be a mod class....
I do agree that stock no blinkly might as well be mod but there is no mod class at this track. And actually yes it it super super high grip rubber mats as the track that makes carpet tracks look like low bite lol
That's why just like if more weight in a stock class was an advantage formula 1 cars would be doing adding weight.
But if my track was loose dirt then I agree I may of added a bit of weight in brass in certain area
Old 03-21-2016, 10:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I do agree that stock no blinkly might as well be mod but there is no mod class at this track. And actually yes it it super super high grip rubber mats as the track that makes carpet tracks look like low bite lol
That's why just like if more weight in a stock class was an advantage formula 1 cars would be doing adding weight.
But if my track was loose dirt then I agree I may of added a bit of weight in brass in certain area
Formula 1 cars don't race on tracks with jumps. In offroad racing is much much different. Your track is basically a touring car track with jumps. A VERY VERY small niche type of racing. In real offroad racing weight helps, hence why most stock nats winners are 1530+ nowhere near the minimum weight,b ut they are great drivers too! But in the end bumps really upset a light car.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Formula 1 cars don't race on tracks with jumps. In offroad racing is much much different. Your track is basically a touring car track with jumps. A VERY VERY small niche type of racing. In real offroad racing weight helps, hence why most stock nats winners are 1530+ nowhere near the minimum weight,b ut they are great drivers too! But in the end bumps really upset a light car.
Also Formula 1 cars are made light for acceleration, fuel savings, tire wear, and all out speed.... But the downforce created by their wings makes the cars 'weigh' twice their actual weight, for traction and handling.... Hence, the 'heavy car' theory...
Old 03-22-2016, 08:23 AM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Fantom Motor Update

Speaking of motors, anyone have an update on the new F1 Fantom Motors in the B5M? How are they holding up and temps/gearing?

Old 03-22-2016, 08:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Just2much19
Probably just durability, also with the aluminum ones that have the set screw in it you can do the hinge pin mod and remove the front pin holder. The mod gives you a little more clearance/approach angle on the front. I haven't done it, don't have a need for it. I purchased the brass one that has both the 25*and 30* inserts.
Use the aluminum bulkhead on my B4 and bought one for my B5M before i built it. Yesterday I had a couple instances where I was certain the front end was broken after coming up short on a triple, but it was fine. This buggy can take a beating.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Yes very true it's Larrys performance rc and Dakota Phend used to club race with us a few years ago now when's he's in town I've seen him there marshaling almost every week for about a month 3 months ago.
But the track is literally 5-7 minutes away. But I also have a dirt clay mix medium grip track 15 min away and clubhouse bout 30 minutes away which is high traction wet clay so I do race this buggy on all different types of more typical off road surfaces is my point I guess lol
Old 03-22-2016, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
Speaking of motors, anyone have an update on the new F1 Fantom Motors in the B5M? How are they holding up and temps/gearing?
Ordered mine a week or so ago and received an email from they stating it will be delayed as they are behind on production. I expect mine to ship today or tomorrow. I was hoping to get it for practice this Saturday but not sure if that will happen.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

And I Larrys which is the weird rubber track is stock only but non blinkly all the others stock class is blinky.

I'm wondering what u guys think about stock 17.5t non blinkly since basically these kill shots and the 24k whatever "stock" motors are so much faster than my reedy sonic Mach 3 and Mach 2 I think being able to use timing can even the playing field if they're not gonna monitor or outlaw motors like that(I think one of the super fast motor is called outlaw actually lol) why not?
It's still 17.5t vs 5-7.5t mod which is HUGE difference obviously
Old 03-22-2016, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

And I Larrys which is the weird rubber track is stock only but non blinkly all the others stock class is blinky.

I'm wondering what u guys think about stock 17.5t non blinkly since basically these kill shots and the 24k whatever "stock" motors are so much faster than my reedy sonic Mach 3 and Mach 2 I think being able to use timing can even the playing field if they're not gonna monitor or outlaw motors like that(I think one of the super fast motor is called outlaw actually lol) why not?
My reedy motors are plenty quick...It not just straight line speed, if the guy next to you can get on the power quicker after a corner (and put it down) he will be faster no matter what.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You want a good "Bang for the buck" option: The Trackstar Turbo 120a ESC for $43!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=69418
Just went to go buy that and it is back ordered. If you go for direct links through their site, that esc doesn't show up anymore. I wonder if they discontinued it and replaced it with the genII?
Old 03-22-2016, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

This isn't really B5m related but since we're here...

What EXACTLY are your rules? You've said it's "non-blinky" aka, open esc timing. You also talk about "outlaw" motors, which are exactly that, a 17.5 turn motor that doesn't meet ROAR specs. FYI, the Killshot, 24K, Fantom FR1, D4 1s, etc. are not "outlaw motors" they all meet current ROAR rules.

IMO..1)If your track doesn't check weight, that's bad no matter what they call the class. 2) If they allow esc timing (aka "boost") as well as "outlaw" (unapproved) 17.5 motors, then why even try and call it a 'stock' class? Just run fricken' mod motors

IMO, your tracks rules SUCK!
Old 03-22-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
Just went to go buy that and it is back ordered. If you go for direct links through their site, that esc doesn't show up anymore. I wonder if they discontinued it and replaced it with the genII?
They run out of stuff so often that if you run trackstar the rule is to buy 2 of them when you do

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.