Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 03-10-2016, 09:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silverstonev8
Stock 44.3 wheels have a 10mm hex vs. the 12mm on the b5
stock is 9.5mm but i use 12mm hexes on my 44.3
Old 03-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Are you confusing hex size and offset?
Old 03-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by boucher
Are you confusing hex size and offset?
No, I am not sure how or why hex size is an issue.

The offset it the same on the b5 wheels and b44.3 wheels, except the b44.3 are thicker hense why they are rubbing. My question was is anyone was using the front b44.3 12mm hex wheels on a b5 without rubbing issues.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankiebones
stock is 9.5mm but i use 12mm hexes on my 44.3
Dang. I was close...
Old 03-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by frankiebones
The offset it the same on the b5 wheels and b44.3 wheels, except the b44.3 are thicker hense why they are rubbing. My question was is anyone was using the front b44.3 12mm hex wheels on a b5 without rubbing issues.
False, the B5 wheels are concave, while the B44.3 are convex. Basically if you set a B44.3 wheel face up on a table it is a dome shape from the outer bead to the mounting hole. The B5 wheel is gonna be the opposite. This pushes the B44.3 wheels further in than a B5 wheel, which causes the rubbing. Use the right wheels. Just that simple.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hasntaclue
False, the B5 wheels are concave, while the B44.3 are convex. Basically if you set a B44.3 wheel face up on a table it is a dome shape from the outer bead to the mounting hole. The B5 wheel is gonna be the opposite. This pushes the B44.3 wheels further in than a B5 wheel, which causes the rubbing. Use the right wheels. Just that simple.
thanks that was what i was looking for.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Whats the advantage if any to the aluminum rear hub? I Just picked them up because the LFS didn't have the standard in stock and.... A Main.... is taking their merry time on my order.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC8390
Whats the advantage if any to the aluminum rear hub? I Just picked them up because the LFS didn't have the standard in stock and.... A Main.... is taking their merry time on my order.
Well. . . I can tell you that I broke one of the little rectangular plastic camber inserts on my rear hub a couple weeks ago. It seems like somewhat of a weak spot. The aluminum ones get rid of that whole tab/insert system so that's a plus in my book. I've been considering getting the aluminum hubs for that reason but one of the guys at the track gave me his old set of plastic hubs so I'm not in a hurry to upgrade.

I think they also give you more adjustment options.

Did you find them locally? Asking because I know you race at the same track as I do but I haven't found any local shops that carry ANYTHING for the B5M let alone upgraded parts! Unless they happened to have them at the little shop at the track.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gearhead82
Well. . . I can tell you that I broke one of the little rectangular plastic camber inserts on my rear hub a couple weeks ago. It seems like somewhat of a weak spot. The aluminum ones get rid of that whole tab/insert system so that's a plus in my book. I've been considering getting the aluminum hubs for that reason but one of the guys at the track gave me his old set of plastic hubs so I'm not in a hurry to upgrade.

Did you find them locally? Asking because I know you race at the same track as I do but I haven't found any local shops that carry ANYTHING for the B5M let alone upgraded parts! Unless they happened to have them at the little shop at the track.
Those plastic inserts broke on me 3 times over the course of 3 nights of racing. It was extremely frustrating. I think some people just get lucky and don't break them. ATM I would highly recommend the aluminum hubs. I got the AE ones but Schelle Racing also makes them. I wanted the Schelle ones but my shot only had the AE in stock. The only issue with the AE is if you break the ballstud off in it and can't get it out, you'll have to toss the whole hub. If you break a ball stud in the Schelle ones, you'll just have to replace that part and not the whole thing.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

For you guys breaking the inserts off in the plastic hubs...are you using a washer on the plastic side and nut to better secure it all?
Old 03-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JC8390

The aluminium hubs are "stronger" but give more fine adjustments over roll center at the hub end. Personally I still use the stock plastic hubs with a metal washer over the plastic side to help with the pulling through problem.
I think there are better aluminum hub options than the Associated ones because breaking a ball stuff off in that is just a plain ol' nightmare.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mason are you running 22/78? With good results
Old 03-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
For you guys breaking the inserts off in the plastic hubs...are you using a washer on the plastic side and nut to better secure it all?
No I didn't think of that, but that's a good idea. Thanks! I see the benefit of the washer but what's the benefit of the extra nut? Do you put it on the aluminum side just for extra security?
Old 03-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

No I didn't think of that, but that's a good idea. Thanks! I see the benefit of the washer but what's the benefit of the extra nut? Do you put it on the aluminum side just for extra security?
Correct. The initial B5m didn't include this but I think the lite started coming with a longer ball stud and washer/nut.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Ive never broken the plastic Rear hubs but have broken one of them inserts duded to the ball stud being to short. Used a longer one and a washer/nut and its been fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.