Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gearhead82
Looks like Tower and AMain both carry them. Both currently out of stock though.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...90002c/p486628

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFXSE&P=ML
Both are discontinued. The only car that is still being made is the B5M Lite.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
The question posed was about the $89 B5M to B5MCE kit, not the individual B5M or B5MCE kits. I was trying to get an idea if tower or amain would actually get these kits in or will the kit only be sold through team associated's website.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
Negative, both are out of stock with a late Feb anticipated restock.
If discontinued it would say so.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default CE kit has been discontinued

Originally Posted by thecman26
The full kit kit was discontinued shortly after Xmas.

<DOH> I should have clicked the links... <DOH>
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor &amp; Rear Motor Thread-ce-discontinued.jpg  

Last edited by RAP66; 02-18-2016 at 06:43 AM. Reason: correcting facts
Old 02-18-2016, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

when I bought my CE kit I thought it came with the lite chassis. Which it didnt looking back it would have been better getting the lite kit.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

I am newly back into the hobby after a short break.. and picked up a B5M champions edition to do some racing at a local indoor clay track. I consider this track "high grip", but I think a lot of these local guys consider it medium. Anyway... the class is a lot different to me coming from running losi nitro cars mostly outdoors. I do really like the class and the car. I decided to go stock, thinking it might be the easiest and cheapest route. Appears I was wrong LOL. Stock isn't exactly stock. Anyway like the car and having fun.

For the most part I like how to car handles. Definitely more traction than the Losi 22 2.0 I ran once. Running it all stock except I shortened the front camber link and moved the shocks in on the arm. It seemed to have picked up some steering there. I have recently changed over to the 3 gear transmission, from the 4 but haven't ran it.

-Im wondering about weight reduction? Looking at the JConcepts chassis and titanium screw kit. Are these really worth the $$??

-Also wondering about springs? Someone at the track suggested kyosho springs.

-What the heck if anything does that front wing do??

Thanks for any help.. Ive been reading through this thread for days lol.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

New transmission from HobbyAction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191809035887...84.m1558.l2649
Old 02-18-2016, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for the Boto Sizer tool to have please contact:

[email protected] to double check they can sell you the last one.

The webpage for the product is:
http://mattbotos.com/store/index.php...oducts_id=1629

Also Amain has 1 left in stock it appears. They came in just yesterday I seen with an email notification.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JC8390
I am newly back into the hobby after a short break.. and picked up a B5M champions edition to do some racing at a local indoor clay track. I consider this track "high grip", but I think a lot of these local guys consider it medium. Anyway... the class is a lot different to me coming from running losi nitro cars mostly outdoors. I do really like the class and the car. I decided to go stock, thinking it might be the easiest and cheapest route. Appears I was wrong LOL. Stock isn't exactly stock. Anyway like the car and having fun.

For the most part I like how to car handles. Definitely more traction than the Losi 22 2.0 I ran once. Running it all stock except I shortened the front camber link and moved the shocks in on the arm. It seemed to have picked up some steering there. I have recently changed over to the 3 gear transmission, from the 4 but haven't ran it.

-Im wondering about weight reduction? Looking at the JConcepts chassis and titanium screw kit. Are these really worth the $$??

-Also wondering about springs? Someone at the track suggested kyosho springs.

-What the heck if anything does that front wing do??

Thanks for any help.. Ive been reading through this thread for days lol.
Because all the cars are so close in terms of performance in stock class everyone is looking for even the smallest ways to gain an advantage, and reduced weight is one of those ways (less weight = faster acceleration). High performance batteries (60C or higher is recommended), motors, and ESCs are other ways. The ROAR rule is no less than 1499 grams but I think a lot of guys like to have their buggy around 1520-1550 or so. Titanium screws are one way to loose over 40g of weight easily (so I heard) but I guess it's debatable how much the weight savings really matters. I think my stock B5M CE was somewhere around 1650g if I remember right which probably isn't a big deal if you're a skilled driver, just keep in mind other people are pumping money in to theirs to gain that tiny advantage.

No idea about shocks. I think the shocks from AE are fine, especially the ones that come with the Champ Edition.

A good video that explains how the front wings work:

Front Wing Mania: Do They Work for R/C Cars?

Long story short: they mostly help on high-bite, high-speed tracks, especially with sweeping corners.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nmdesertracer
when I bought my CE kit I thought it came with the lite chassis. Which it didnt looking back it would have been better getting the lite kit.
I was disappointed about this too but I've heard the regular chassis might actually be better since it has a lower center of gravity and has less flex. I should be able to get close to 1500g weight without the lite chassis if I get titanium screws.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kalio
I was disappointed about this too but I've heard the regular chassis might actually be better since it has a lower center of gravity and has less flex. I should be able to get close to 1500g weight without the lite chassis if I get titanium screws.
The light chassis makes that much of a difference? I'm at 1460 stock. That is 200 grams different just from a chassis?
Old 02-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Kalio
Because all the cars are so close in terms of performance in stock class everyone is looking for even the smallest ways to gain an advantage, and reduced weight is one of those ways (less weight = faster acceleration). High performance batteries (60C or higher is recommended), motors, and ESCs are other ways. The ROAR rule is no less than 1499 grams but I think a lot of guys like to have their buggy around 1520-1550 or so. Titanium screws are one way to loose over 40g of weight easily (so I heard) but I guess it's debatable how much the weight savings really matters. I think my stock B5M CE was somewhere around 1650g if I remember right which probably isn't a big deal if you're a skilled driver, just keep in mind other people are pumping money in to theirs to gain that tiny advantage.

No idea about shocks. I think the shocks from AE are fine, especially the ones that come with the Champ Edition.

A good video that explains how the front wings work:

Front Wing Mania: Do They Work for R/C Cars?

Long story short: they mostly help on high-bite, high-speed tracks, especially with sweeping corners.

Well I was going to try the Front wing out but wouldn't work better on Med traction to low grip grip ?
Old 02-18-2016, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
The light chassis makes that much of a difference? I'm at 1460 stock. That is 200 grams different just from a chassis?
Not quite sure on your math....but....the lite chassis saves about 26g from the standard chassis.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
Both my distributors websites say discontinued. There still may be kits out there but I assure you they're not making them. But, if you believe something else, this is America and you are entitled to have your own opinions and dreams although that does not mean that those opinions & dreams are rooted in reality. I was just trying to be informative. Its not worth arguing about.

On another note, I was not aware that they had a CE conversion kit. I'll have to look for that. There are times when certain specialty items are only available through the larger vendors like AMain. The best example I could use is the Associated Electronics Special Edition Kicker Bluetooth speaker. I think AMain was the only place that had those.

I don't have any special insight into what AE is doing but I would imagine that they are working on a B5 series update and a new 4 wheel buggy. After the whole Centro debacle I never buy any AE stuff that they start blowing out. They drastically dropped the regular B5M price 4 or 5 months ago....by $30-40 a kit.

Although I'm now running Xray too, I love the B5 series cars and look forward to buying almost anything new that comes out. I think the major manufactures failed to realize that by making the current generation of cars so durable they would be making less $ on parts. They now need to sell updates to make up for the lost parts revenue. Think about it, what have you really broken on your B5M? I think the only parts I've broken are arms. I've worn out a bunch of stuff and bent a few things but I can't say that I've broken a lot of stuff. Its one of those subtle things that people do not think about but racing itself has changed because DNF'ing is much less common than it was 5 years ago. My B4s broke all sorts of stuff all the time....arms, towers, even the later chassis snapped. That is no longer the case.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Not quite sure on your math....but....the lite chassis saves about 26g from the standard chassis.
Well his car weighs 1650 and mine weighs 1460, so 190 gram difference between lite and CE? I guess the tranny, shocks, etc... Add up to the rest then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.