Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Should have all the bearings you need for both trannys I thought? Mine came with enough for both configurations
Old 12-31-2015, 02:47 AM
Tech Regular

I just got my B5m (not the light) coming from a C4.1. What are the most essential must-have upgrades and mods? Are there any parts that carry over from the B4?
Old 12-31-2015, 06:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody227
I just got my B5m (not the light) coming from a C4.1. What are the most essential must-have upgrades and mods? Are there any parts that carry over from the B4?
The aluminum rear ball stud mount from AE, or someone else, is an important upgrade. Then just have spares, arms, shock towers. I like my lite with the flat front arms and tower and B5 rear arms. I also have the setscrews in both front and rear hubs. Glue the inserts into the front steering block as well. It is a very solid car.

After that, upgrade as your budget allows...
Old 12-31-2015, 06:10 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by man1ac
Just got back from my first indoor carpet session with my B5. Broke the damn chassis. Thats why I am thinking of getting the B5 to B5m Conversion Kit.

I mostly run on a local clay track. I can't tell if the grip is medium / low / high, due to it's completely dependend to the weather.
We had 4 weeks sunshine, the clay dusty like hell. Then it rains every vew days and the clay stays wet constantly, you have super nice grip.

So I dont know If the upgrade to the B5m would be a good idea (I would repair my chassis of the B5 with the B5m to B5 kit, because it costs just 10€ more, but has damn lot more parts included).

Any suggestions?
I run my B5mFL on outdoor loamy tracks. It's really all about the tires. I had both kits, B5 and B5mFL, at the track. The B5 had a slight rear bite advantage but the B5mFL was just so smooth and easy to drive. The B5 breaks loose more violently. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the B5m conversion. I would keep the tower and arms from the B5 though. Use the rear arms too, just put the L arm on the R of the car and vice versa.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:31 AM
Tech Prophet

I have the Rear arms on my B5M with the left on left and right on right is that right ? Hearing the Rear arms the left on right and right on left was making me wonder .
Old 12-31-2015, 06:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I have the Rear arms on my B5M with the left on left and right on right is that right ? Hearing the Rear arms the left on right and right on left was making me wonder .
No, they should be left on right and right on left. At least that is the way it says to do it in the B5mFL manual.

Wait, are they B5m arms or B5 arms? There is a difference. B5m arms would be left on left and right on right.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyperdive08
I have a few very fast cars at our local carpet,high bite racetrack.

Here is the issue, they are using high wt. Diff fluid. 125000 for example. This defies all that I know about cornering. These cars are very fast rotating through the turns.. Anybody else know of good reasons why to use such wt. Fluids ?

Lots of 180's and short straights
I am currently using 3000wt.
If there are lots of tight 180s, and lots of traction (carpet), it may be helping keep the rear from diff'ing out. When the vehicle rolls to the outside, the inside wheel unloads or in some cases lifts. With less torque holding the open (inside) wheel, the outside ends up with less torque and less punch out of the corner. Heavy oil just adds internal friction, and keeps the inside wheel from running away. I would couple the change with a high rear roll center to get the rear to rotate. Be careful, as this can open up to more traction rolls. Especially with low ride heights.

The interesting question is: can you get to the same "fast" setup by substituting a rear sway bar and using a ball diff or light oil?
Old 12-31-2015, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I just bought a B5m lite and I'm having trouble with the front arms binding. It seems to be both upper turnbuckles and I have no idea why they would be doing it. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 12-31-2015, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by a1
b5m needs more rear traction and is a little bouncy in rear?

Took the b5m out today on a mid traction track, running a 4 gear trans.
track is rutted
1.6 shock piston in front, 25w, white spring
1.7 shock piston in rear, 25w, white spring
3 rear toe and 1 degree anti squat
hole shot rear tires

buggy ran pretty good , but theres still a good amount of tuning I need to do. Seeing how it drove I am thinking going down to the next lower spring rate in the rear?
Is there a way to run zero anti squat in the rear with the stock set up?
I run greens all around, with 1.7s and 30/35 R/F oil on similar conditions. Check out the Ray Munday B5M setup sheet for "Bumpy" conditions for many other good tips!
Old 12-31-2015, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matt Ward
I just bought a B5m lite and I'm having trouble with the front arms binding. It seems to be both upper turnbuckles and I have no idea why they would be doing it. Anyone else have this problem?
Theyve had well known problems with the ball cups being tight. Call Ae and they should ship new ones, or put them on upside down a few times to get them to stretch. Google it and theres a few youtube vids about it and how to fix it.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:25 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody227
Sell it and buy a Lite.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:27 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Which b5m? The Lite, the CE, or the Team kit?

The Lite and CE both with Rear motor rear arms, these must be ran backwards to the markings. L on R, and R on L.

If it's a team kit, then L on L, then r on r.

Or, you could read your manual, or the first page of this thread.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Socket
Which b5m? The Lite, the CE, or the Team kit?

The Lite and CE both with Rear motor rear arms, these must be ran backwards to the markings. L on R, and R on L.

If it's a team kit, then L on L, then r on r.

Or, you could read your manual, or the first page of this thread.
CE comes with MM arms.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:59 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
CE comes with MM arms.
Thanks for the clarification!
Old 12-31-2015, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Question for the guys running with taped in batteries. I'm just getting ready to run 2wd buggy for the first time. My history is mostly nitro and 4wd sct. I'm trying to understand how you only run 1 battery. I'm thinking if I only ran one pack. It would take a long time between runs on practice nights. Where previously I've always had 3 and rotated them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.