Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 02:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
DO NOT order from CB's. The worst experience I've had ordering RC stuff.
Originally Posted by Sean B.
I had trouble with CB's as well.
Thanks Jpdanger and Sean B. for your feedback about CB's. Looks like I'll use Speedy's when I decide to order. Glad I asked.

Anyone else have input on cut gears? So far I haven't heard anyone report issues with durability, which was my main concern when considering them.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigfatboldie
Sorry if somebody asked this question before but after +500 pages and still no sign i thought it's maybe easier to ask.
Is it correct that the B5 rear arms mounted on a B5M gives 1degree less toe in in comparison to the original B5M rear arms?

Thanks in advance
no. it more the arms forward. not toe
Old 11-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zephus
Anyone else have input on cut gears?.
Unneeded.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
no. it more the arms forward. not toe
It also makes the car rotate better in 180 turns right?
Old 11-21-2015, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gabc
It also makes the car rotate better in 180 turns right?
It moves more weight over the rear which tightens up the car more then the shorter wheelbase reduces the turning radius.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Off topic question. Ran my b5m lite for the first time last night. Which worked awesome by the way. But my issue is with the reedy black box speedo. 80% of the time when a turn it on the red and green light stay on solid and I will not get throttle response till I actually move the car a little then the green light starts flashing. Anyone have any ideas???
Old 11-21-2015, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eddie_E
The stock B5M lite is dialed on carpet right out of the box. Just bolt up some Schumacher mini-pins and stagger ribs and lower the ride height a little and battery way back.
After struggling a little for front grip on clay, I went to the 1.7 ft shock pistons/35wt) on mine and when I put on the carpet tires, it cornered like my 1/12th scale pan car the moment I dropped it on the track. In fact mine probably has too much steering for some .
My local carpet track has a "slicks only" rule. Ive gotten the Buggy pretty damn good. Lapped the field 3 times with a 17.5T lol.

Just don't like the hassle of switching the diff, rear arms, and shock package when I run carpet Friday night and dirt Saturday.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Off topic question. Ran my b5m lite for the first time last night. Which worked awesome by the way. But my issue is with the reedy black box speedo. 80% of the time when a turn it on the red and green light stay on solid and I will not get throttle response till I actually move the car a little then the green light starts flashing. Anyone have any ideas???

I did. Changed the sensor wire and it's fine now. Senot wires are finicky man.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72
My local carpet track has a "slicks only" rule. Ive gotten the Buggy pretty damn good. Lapped the field 3 times with a 17.5T lol.

Just don't like the hassle of switching the diff, rear arms, and shock package when I run carpet Friday night and dirt Saturday.
What slicks are you running? are you running PL Primes or true slicks like Sweeps?
Old 11-22-2015, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

What slicks are you running? are you running PL Primes or true slicks like Sweeps?
I've run both M4 and MC Primes and tores worn down to slicks. The MC compound doesn't do anywhere as good for me.

I gained two tenths with the VTR style but I have to touch up the bead every few runs.

Want to try some JConcepts and AKA slicks next with their harder inserts.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have owned Associated cars for more than 30 years. I am in the market for a new 2wd buggy and am trying to decide. I know that this being the b5m thread, people might be biased, but I thought I would ask. I am mainly going to be racing 17.5 dirt. Should I get a Factory Lite or Championship Edition if I go with Associated? The new Losi is looking really good too. Xray Xb2? Why should I buy the Associated?
Old 11-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Unneeded.
Haha! Yeah, I've considered that too. But I figured cut gears are pretty cheap, and I can put them in while rebuilding the diff anyway, so I'd give them a try as long as I didn't get feedback about them stripping or something.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zephus
Haha! Yeah, I've considered that too. But I figured cut gears are pretty cheap, and I can put them in while rebuilding the diff anyway, so I'd give them a try as long as I didn't get feedback about them stripping or something.
I am not sure about the performance compared to the standard gears, but my B5m came with them (I traded my 22 for one). As far as the durability of them, I have no issues and I am pretty rough on the car with my driving.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Greenbandit
I have owned Associated cars for more than 30 years. I am in the market for a new 2wd buggy and am trying to decide. I know that this being the b5m thread, people might be biased, but I thought I would ask. I am mainly going to be racing 17.5 dirt. Should I get a Factory Lite or Championship Edition if I go with Associated? The new Losi is looking really good too. Xray Xb2? Why should I buy the Associated?
You can't go wrong with any of them. I absolutely love my B5M Lite. The new XB2 looks fantastic. I had a Xray X1 and the quality was on another level, but you had to pay for it.

Another thing to consider is local parts/setup/team support.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The stock B5M lite is dialed on carpet right out of the box. Just bolt up some Schumacher mini-pins and stagger ribs and lower the ride height a little and battery way back.
After struggling a little for front grip on clay, I went to the 1.7 ft shock pistons/35wt) on mine and when I put on the carpet tires, it cornered like my 1/12th scale pan car the moment I dropped it on the track. In fact mine probably has too much steering for some .
We run Foams (Gone Bananas) on carpet, endless grip....run them if they are legal for your club. I had to raise the Roll Center a lot to prevent traction rolling. Been playing with front/rear ride height bias along with shorty pack position. I either have WAY too much steering on the infield or it pushes through the high speed sweepers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.