Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Silberpfeil
How much longer till we get a worlds kit?
I doubt it will be the exact same car. Since it's a really "track specific" configuration.

It wil probably be more like the "B-drivers cars"

http://events.redrc.net/2015/10/new-...orkshop-jtprc/

- lowered shocktower
- different hubs
- maybe some steering parts

and maybe someday a LG transmission with a forward shock option.

But as explained by others earlier you can already order a LG 3- or 4-gear transmission form RedWorkShop.

Last edited by janus_77; 10-06-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joss9999
No need to wait, we race whit the same cars in France for half à year.
Go to Facebook at Redworkshop and order à lowrider. ( or à b52 if you race carpet)
That 3 gear kit is super trick.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

here are some screens of the worlds winning 2wd courtesy of redworkshop

ae made a smart move working with him to make these new parts. redworkshop is now offering the worlds lowrider kit for sale. pm him on facebook if your interested.

personally im thinking of making my old b5m a dedicated carpet/turf car (we really dont have any of those surfaces here though). i have no other use for it and i like messing with stuff
Old 10-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gokarter64
here are some screens of the worlds winning 2wd courtesy of redworkshop

ae made a smart move working with him to make these new parts. redworkshop is now offering the worlds lowrider kit for sale. pm him on facebook if your interested.

personally im thinking of making my old b5m a dedicated carpet/turf car (we really dont have any of those surfaces here though). i have no other use for it and i like messing with stuff
This is not the Worlds winning car of Rivkin, he doesn't race Orion Motors.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

its not specifically rivkins car but it is the same stuff ae used on on their cars for the worlds
Old 10-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

This is the back of Rivkin's buggy. Shock tower re-positioned to be front of A-Arms. Not sure how transmission connects.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-capture.jpg  
Old 10-06-2015, 02:18 PM
Suspended

its not specifically rivkins car but it is the same stuff ae used on on their cars for the worlds
Cite please - post a pic of Rivkin or Cav's car with the body off.

BT and Kody said they used the Reds Work Shop setup at warmup, but made some changes to it and built their own.

You can not buy the setup Rivkin, Cav and Kody were running.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wonder what the lowered shocks were for... up travel limiting to prevent traction rolling? Certainly not additional down travel, right? Wouldn't that be about the worst thing ever on that surface? While I won't be racing on this surface any time soon, I'm definitely interested in the setups they used.

EDIT: Figured out why they lowered the shocks down: The rear hubs mount the arm lower in relation to the axle so the shocks need to be moved down to allow the wheel to retain similar down travel as before.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Probably close to our carpet setup state side. 1.6/1.7 35/30wt. Blue springs all the way around.

Actually know Spencer was running orange/blue
Old 10-06-2015, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Socket

BT and Kody said they used the Reds Work Shop setup at warmup, but made some changes to it and built their own.

all according to red. as far as we know the only difference between the two is the new carbon rear tower with the shocks on front of the arms
Old 10-06-2015, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

all according to red. as far as we know the only difference between the two is the new carbon rear tower with the shocks on front of the arms
There is actually quiet a few differences, some subtle and some more obvious and all work to further enhance the cars performance for the turf. Saying its the same transmission and such as the reds setup would be a bit misleading.

These modified B5Ms were only done for a Rivkin, Cav, Cragg, Hartson, McBride, and Kody. However, other non-salary team members ran a Reds setup.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Suspended

That pic is NOT Cav, Kody or Rivkin's car.

Like I said - they did NOT use the Red's setup at worlds - they used the red's for testing, then made their own.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

That pic is NOT Cav, Kody or Rivkin's car.

Like I said - they did NOT use the Red's setup at worlds - they used the red's for testing, then made their own.
sorry for the misleading writing in my og post but i meant to say it was reds version of the worlds 2wd. he made changes to the gearbox and hubs that are pretty cool and add a lot of adjustment. idk what geometry changes ae made for the top guys's cars but they certainly worked.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Currently running a B5M Lite with Rivkins OC/RC jconcepts stock nas setup, don't feel like im getting the amount of mid-corner steering I should. Any ideas on what to change from that particular setup to make it more aggressive mid corner?
Old 10-06-2015, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I thought I read somewhere buried in Red RC's coverage that the "salary/Factory" Associated guys were running prototype pre-production Associated made gear boxes, hence the forward mounting shock tower off a B44. So they were custom made by the team, and they might eventually release them as an option part is what I understood.

Everyone else at the worlds driving an Associated branded car used the Reds setup posted above, but not the Factory drivers. The two setups are vastly different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.