Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree136Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glenng
very nice build brandon! are you using an eliminator and screwing on from behind so you can use locknuts to hold spur down? if so, very nice and crafty. might have to do that too if screwhead doesnt rub the motorplate on the kyosho
The reason I am using the 3 screws + lock nuts, is because that particular exotek eliminator came with the threads missing from the piece (manufacturing defect). I used counter sunk screws from the rear, and they clear the motor plate just fine.... then lock down from the front.

And thanks! It sure looks good on the table. Lets see how the carbon car drives this weekend.

Originally Posted by carcrazy699
Whats the purpose of the slipper eliminator? I have seen that a bit and wonder what the benefits of it are
Less rotational mass

Originally Posted by 16right
Anyone else having this same issue...?

I have a Schelle carbon battery strap, and once in a while during a race it will come unhinged at the waterfall. I shove the strap all the way in and screw it down pretty tight but the same thing will happen.
Thanks
I have been running the schelle strap in my T5m for a couple months... never seen this happen. My current B5m build is running one now, with the carbon chassis.... and if any car is going to be prone to this problem, it will be mine. I will let you know if I see any issues.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:42 PM
Tee
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
The reason I am using the 3 screws + lock nuts, is because that particular exotek eliminator came with the threads missing from the piece (manufacturing defect). I used counter sunk screws from the rear, and they clear the motor plate just fine.... then lock down from the front.

And thanks! It sure looks good on the table. Lets see how the carbon car drives this weekend.

Less rotational mass

I have been running the schelle strap in my T5m for a couple months... never seen this happen. My current B5m build is running one now, with the carbon chassis.... and if any car is going to be prone to this problem, it will be mine. I will let you know if I see any issues.
It seems pointless that the screw(s) on the battery strap extend beyond the nuts, since they don't touch the battery pack. Just saying.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:51 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Bumper

I know this is a lame question. But, I am new to racing and also have a 7yr old who will eventually try to drive my B5m. Is there a front bumper that will decently protect the a arms? If so, what is the impact on driving/jumping, etc and where can I find a decent one. Thank in advance
Old 07-18-2015, 12:11 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Tee
It seems pointless that the screw(s) on the battery strap extend beyond the nuts, since they don't touch the battery pack. Just saying.
http://www.schelleracing.com/index.p...mation/contact
Old 07-18-2015, 12:13 AM
Tech Lord

I think maybe there isn't enough B5m pron on this thread lately, so let me share my rebuild. Carbon chassis build is complete along with new wiring. New paint is up next. Here is how the chassis layout ended up.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-b5m1.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-b5m2.jpg  
Old 07-18-2015, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default SO FRESH & SO CLEAN CLEAN

I think maybe there isn't enough B5m pron on this thread lately, so let me share my rebuild. Carbon chassis build is complete along with new wiring. New paint is up next. Here is how the chassis layout ended up.
Looks good man. Not sure you made the right tire choice though
On a serious note,what type of surface you run on?
Old 07-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Did you sand and seal the carbon fiber?
Old 07-18-2015, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tee
The reason this was done is bc Kurt and a lot of guys are using ball cups instead of the lock nut so it doesn't damage the battery and the old screws were to short couldn't get the ball cup tight enough to hold the battery
Old 07-18-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Rookie

What carbon chassis is that?
Old 07-18-2015, 02:41 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jvcaniggia
I know this is a lame question. But, I am new to racing and also have a 7yr old who will eventually try to drive my B5m. Is there a front bumper that will decently protect the a arms? If so, what is the impact on driving/jumping, etc and where can I find a decent one. Thank in advance

Anyone have any advice on a suitable bumper and impact on handling? Thx!
Old 07-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jvcaniggia
Anyone have any advice on a suitable bumper and impact on handling? Thx!
I wouldn't try to run a big front bumper. The front arms are pretty strong. a full size bumper upfront would make the car handle differently. All the extra weight in front of the car will upset the balance, could effect how it jumps. Those big bumper will also get hung up on tubes leading to more wrecks
Old 07-18-2015, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

I'm not aware of any specific large "basher style" bumpers for a B5. I use the stock B4 skid plates on my B5's. RPM makes this: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGFH7&P=7 No promises that it would work, have not seen anyone try it. Holes should line up.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Here you go for big bumpers.

http://t-bone-racing.net/B5-Mid-Engine-c569/
Old 07-18-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

the T5m bumper fits from what I hear. Its almost the same but a tad wider and protects the arms a tad too.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mgers75
I wouldn't try to run a big front bumper. The front arms are pretty strong. a full size bumper upfront would make the car handle differently. All the extra weight in front of the car will upset the balance, could effect how it jumps. Those big bumper will also get hung up on tubes leading to more wrecks
+1 I've seen a lot of those huge front bumpers cause the car to get stuck on whoops and holes and whatnot where there is a steep angle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.