Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 06-06-2015, 10:27 PM
3de
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by VegasHB
Anyone making a better plastic puck than the oranges? Feel like I have to change my pucks after every 3 rounds of racing in mod with an 8.5. They really don't hold up at all for mod.
Okay, so shiny it is I guess.. And then sounds like the pucks need a little grease?
Old 06-07-2015, 07:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, my local circuit has loose soil with low grip, I wonder if the b5m work well or if the ideal car for this area would be a b5 (rear).

Thank you!
Old 06-07-2015, 07:43 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bizarrefish
I had to use 30x69 as my 72 spur had not arrived in time, it's why I was careful with the running today. The motor was warm to the touch and measured between 100 and 115.
I wouldn't go jumping leaps and bounds to change gearing if you're crashing a lot - however I would look into gearing up, and continue to keep an eye on temps.

Is the car massively easier to drive with the 17.5?
Old 06-07-2015, 07:44 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loloscorsa
Hey guys, my local circuit has loose soil with low grip, I wonder if the b5m work well or if the ideal car for this area would be a b5 (rear).

Thank you!
Go back a page and read.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loloscorsa

Thank you!
we had a whole discussion on this a page or 2 back.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Socket
I wouldn't go jumping leaps and bounds to change gearing if you're crashing a lot - however I would look into gearing up, and continue to keep an eye on temps.

Is the car massively easier to drive with the 17.5?
Wasn't crashing that much at all really, over shot a couple of corners on longer straights initially and just some hard landings on all four wheels that felt it bottomed a little. Increased the drag brake and adjusted the diff a touch (very minor tweaks) to assist with cornering.

Will check out recent setups and to compare.

A lot easier to drive thanks, will get lots of practice under me in stock first.

Looking to get a set of tires for asphalt so I can setup some cones and practice outside. JC white compounds appear to be best suited to that.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Wasn't crashing that much at all really, over shot a couple of corners on longer straights initially and just some hard landings on all four wheels that felt it bottomed a little. Increased the drag brake and adjusted the diff a touch (very minor tweaks) to assist with cornering.

A lot easier to drive thanks, will get lots of practice under me in stock first.

Looking to get a set of tires for asphalt so I can setup some cones and practice outside. JC white compounds appear to be best suited to that.
proline makes a street tires. I forget the name, but that would probably be your best bet. I think they are taller so watch your gearing and temps. the street can be hard on motors
Old 06-07-2015, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3de
Okay, so shiny it is I guess.. And then sounds like the pucks need a little grease?
I have over 30 runs on my orginal orange pucks on high grip conditions, I use motorcycle chain wax lube on the pucks, seems to be working, I also clean them after each track day.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Proline Dirt Hawg tires are for pavement and bashing. They are M2 compound which is their Medium/hard compound. The front tires they make are for both 2 and 4wd buggies, but still fit and work on 2wd front rims. I know Amain has them listed under 4wd in the tire section, but the bag says its for all buggies.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

The worlds warm up track looked boring, and left me even more uninterested in the worlds race this year. Did TLR go to the worlds? I did not see any of their drivers in the results I seen. Offroad should be on dirt in my opinion. Much more interested in the ROAR nats over the worlds.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Anyone know how to get more steering off and on power with the b5m lite. Running the correct tires for the track, the regular b5m's and of course my serpent car have way more steering
Old 06-07-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

For those of you not on b5nation fb page ��
Old 06-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
The worlds warm up track looked boring, and left me even more uninterested in the worlds race this year. Did TLR go to the worlds? I did not see any of their drivers in the results I seen. Offroad should be on dirt in my opinion. Much more interested in the ROAR nats over the worlds.
it was the japan racing organization's choice to make this layout tame... scotty said on live rc that the worlds layout will have many more jumps.

tlr didnt send any drivers for the warmup race... but jconcepts page shows maifield arriving.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
Anyone know how to get more steering off and on power with the b5m lite. Running the correct tires for the track, the regular b5m's and of course my serpent car have way more steering
Searching for more on power steering myself(w/lite). Just threw on the gullwing arms and tower,hoping that will help. Should be able to make some laps with it wed.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
I could have placed on that layout.....lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.