Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 03-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
IMO, I would say that generally speaking MM is not ideal on 8th scale loose tracks. On indoor carpet you will want MM. As for the "Lite" version. Hard to say about the chassis as the car nor chassis are out yet. They are removing 25g of material. I would "assume" is has more flex than the stock chassis. If you really want more flex, the infinity chassis has a bunch of flex. They are also coming out with chassis stiffeners that might help for carpet racing. If I were racing on low bite 8th scale tracks and Indoor carpet tracks at different points in the year, I would have the conversion on hand. Personally I would get the "Lite" car and the RM conversion. Personally I think that is the best way to go and least expensive in the long run.
This is exactly what I'm doing. I was hoping I made a good decision.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
It's OK Bob. He is only 11 and too young to be on the forums. LoL. He'll never see us talk about it.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

great thank you for the info
Old 03-17-2015, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matrixrc10
I just saw the proline cactus classic 2wd buggy stock a main race. Sweet. Grat that a 13 year old girl won it
It made the highlights in Scotty's post on Facebook.

Did she/was she signed with a team yet (AE?) Any other girls drive for AE? How many girls/women are chassis sponsored? Besides Rhonda Drake?
Old 03-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812

Did she/was she signed with a team yet (AE?) Any other girls drive for AE? How many girls/women are chassis sponsored? Besides Rhonda Drake?
She has a deal with AE/Reedy/wwhd
Old 03-17-2015, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Kamyrn Ayers water fall looks slick with the fan in there. Almost looks like it's meant to be.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
Kamyrn Ayers water fall looks slick with the fan in there. Almost looks like it's meant to be.
I noticed she didnt have the water fall screws in to mount it to the MIP case. I assume she wanted more flex
Old 03-17-2015, 03:12 PM
Tech Prophet

lol, Come on. Any fast girl will get picked up my AE. marketing marketing marketing. AE looking for young drivers and a girl is icing on the cake. There are a few sponsored Women, but I dont know how many AE sponsors. I am not aware of any other sponsored female kids. I am sure there are some. I dont ever recall a girls winning stock buggy at Cactus or any big race. I am sure I am wrong though.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
Do you have a link?
Old 03-17-2015, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

lol, Come on. Any fast girl will get picked up my AE. marketing marketing marketing. AE looking for young drivers and a girl is icing on the cake. There are a few sponsored Women, but I dont know how many AE sponsors. I am not aware of any other sponsored female kids. I am sure there are some. I dont ever recall a girls winning stock buggy at Cactus or any big race. I am sure I am wrong though.
Cut me some slack. I posted that I'm in the middle of thawed dog poop slash start of 1/8 scale season. (I'm in Wi, that's where the whole doggy dung thing comes in...gotta live here I guess) I didn't make it past Saturday watching on LRC, it was like 60 degrees here and chicks were jogging past my house in their thongs. I had better things to do, obviously

Dude, total joke post. It was only 58 degrees here not 60.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Cut me some slack. I posted that I'm in the middle of thawed dog poop slash start of 1/8 scale season. (I'm in Wi, that's where the whole doggy dung thing comes in...gotta live here I guess) I didn't make it past Saturday watching on LRC, it was like 60 degrees here and chicks were jogging past my house in their thongs. I had better things to do, obviously

Dude, total joke post. It was only 58 degrees here not 60.
Some irony here...I've had two B5M sales fall through since I turned you down.

Selling your...ahem other B5m?

HAH.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
cool thanks.

I take it no one runs the mid car on the loose conditions I mentioned?

I am curious if the new light mid car with its chassis milling if it would have more flex. not saying it would, but be curious.
Sorry for jumping in late but I respectfully disagree with pretty much everybody. We have found that mid motor works everywhere better including wet and freezing conditions. The caveat is that you have to tune for it. Some people just like the rear motor feel but my experience is that MM is better. That being said, the B5M lite would be a bad decision on a loose track. The 4 gear tranny has its advatages when traction isn't perfect. Its plain physics, I doubt anybody will argue that point. Next, when the track was wet and it was freezing, or close to freezing, I tried to make my stock B5M heavier by using the brass accessories and a full square pack. The added weight seemed to help. I specifically ran B5s as well this past winter to compare and I'm sure MM is better. I doubt most of the guys here run the same conditions that I do.

Its not hard to swap back and forth between mid and rear but unless you're just that comfortable with a rear motor there is no sense in swapping.

Just my opinion that is based of 4 months of running both on a wet track. I didn't log the race days etc.....but I did notice that my faster laps were always MM.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
Sorry for jumping in late but I respectfully disagree with pretty much everybody. We have found that mid motor works everywhere better including wet and freezing conditions. The caveat is that you have to tune for it. Some people just like the rear motor feel but my experience is that MM is better. That being said, the B5M lite would be a bad decision on a loose track. The 4 gear tranny has its advatages when traction isn't perfect. Its plain physics, I doubt anybody will argue that point. Next, when the track was wet and it was freezing, or close to freezing, I tried to make my stock B5M heavier by using the brass accessories and a full square pack. The added weight seemed to help. I specifically ran B5s as well this past winter to compare and I'm sure MM is better. I doubt most of the guys here run the same conditions that I do.

Its not hard to swap back and forth between mid and rear but unless you're just that comfortable with a rear motor there is no sense in swapping.

Just my opinion that is based of 4 months of running both on a wet track. I didn't log the race days etc.....but I did notice that my faster laps were always MM.

this is the way I look at it. The Lite comes with Ti turnbuckles, alum rear camber block, alum top shaft, FT bearings, 2 pad slipper (not great) and alum front axles. Plus the new chassis of course. From an economics stand point, buying the 4 gear parts is pretty cheap. "If" you really dont want the lite chassis....sell it on ebay and buy the heavier chassis. because that chassis WILL be in demand and will sell for top dollar. When you go indoors and race on carpet, you might want that 3 gear for tuning. You can always try the MM outdoors. Worst case, it sucks and you convert to rear. And use the MM for carpet season.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

this is the way I look at it. The Lite comes with Ti turnbuckles, alum rear camber block, alum top shaft, FT bearings, 2 pad slipper (not great) and alum front axles. Plus the new chassis of course. From an economics stand point, buying the 4 gear parts is pretty cheap. "If" you really dont want the lite chassis....sell it on ebay and buy the heavier chassis. because that chassis WILL be in demand and will sell for top dollar. When you go indoors and race on carpet, you might want that 3 gear for tuning. You can always try the MM outdoors. Worst case, it sucks and you convert to rear. And use the MM for carpet season.

I absolutely agree with this approach. It makes perfect economic sense. I bet he could find somebody to give him a 4 gear tranny.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:42 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'm from Minnesota. My dog is disappointed...he prefers to munch on frozen turds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.