Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by air8
Lately i've been racing my B5M's with one setup inline (battery inline) and one standard. I find the inline car results in slightly quicker lap times AND feels better around our track. However I make more mistakes with it. The standard car feels smoother or something but i'm always wanting it to different things at certain parts of the track. But I very rarely make mistakes with. During our mod A-mains I can race it without error.

Just an observation. I'm gonna go back to my standard car and just deal with slower, consistent races.
My inline experience so far, I really liked it in 17.5
In mod, with an 8.5, it could be pretty hard to drive at times. But I could out accelerate others because they would start to wheelie. And that's on med grip clay! Also keep in mind that I run a carbon chassis so my rear end is wayyyy more planted than normal B5M
Old 03-15-2015, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default It could...

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
hi im wondering if running a square brick battery would make this car more stable and give more traction over a shorty or saddle packs? thanks
I have not personally ran the full size brick pack in my B5m but a teammate of mine was running one and said it settles the car down and makes it more stable. I did find that he was running one spring rate up from us on the rear end to compensate for the added weight.

Hope this helps.

Alan
Old 03-15-2015, 10:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
hi im wondering if running a square brick battery would make this car more stable and give more traction over a shorty or saddle packs? thanks
Since the track (my home track) is frozen or near frozen during the winter time I make my cars as heavy as possible. The brick definitely helped but you also need to set the car up differently. It also depends on the surface, traction, and most important....stock or mod? If traction is already good on your track I don't think its value added. If you run mod it doesn't matter as much.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone have an update on the factory lite release? I know that a lot of things have been held up due to the port strikes, but just wanted to see if someone has heard anything without looking through hundreds of pages!

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZ Militia
Anyone have an update on the factory lite release? I know that a lot of things have been held up due to the port strikes, but just wanted to see if someone has heard anything without looking through hundreds of pages!

Thanks in advance.
Tower changed the expected date from mid March to early April a few days ago. Supposedly somebody called associated and they didn't even know where they were in transit.

After trying to wait for the release and flipping back and forth between the b5m, the hobby pro, the durango, and even the sworkz 1/8 buggy, I finally made my order and decided not settle and chose the B5m factory lite! I hope Tower is wrong and they get shipped before April. I ordered the Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1.1 with a 17.5 and an 8.5. Also picked up the new Hitec Lynx 4s, I haven't really heard much about it. I hope to post a video or maybe a write up on this radio.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Well Cactus is over and I must say, it was a good time. The track was changing in traction levels, but I left my setup where I had it from 3 days of practice. The only "change" I did was rebuilding my diff. BTW, REALLY AE!!!, one freaking diff ring in the package, lol. My car was a little loose in the rear for the mains, but honestly, that was better than traction rolling or pushing. The best part of the weekend, besides watching my kid race, was watching a local 13 year old girl win 17.5 buggy with authority. Also, the A-main ONLY had B5M's. Heck the B-main, might have only had B5M's. It was by far the most popular buggy in stock. Probably in mod too, but a bunch of TLR in mod, with a few other brands sprinkled in. As far as the cheating? It is stock...what do you expect, lol. Apparently, mod guys were breaking the rules also, lol.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I watched that stock A-main when Kamryn Ayers got the lead and won. I was watching with my daughter's brother who is 11 and he was really cheering once we realized Kamryn was a girl. It was awesome.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Well Cactus is over and I must say, it was a good time. The track was changing in traction levels, but I left my setup where I had it from 3 days of practice. The only "change" I did was rebuilding my diff. BTW, REALLY AE!!!, one freaking diff ring in the package, lol. My car was a little loose in the rear for the mains, but honestly, that was better than traction rolling or pushing. The best part of the weekend, besides watching my kid race, was watching a local 13 year old girl win 17.5 buggy with authority. Also, the A-main ONLY had B5M's. Heck the B-main, might have only had B5M's. It was by far the most popular buggy in stock. Probably in mod too, but a bunch of TLR in mod, with a few other brands sprinkled in. As far as the cheating? It is stock...what do you expect, lol. Apparently, mod guys were breaking the rules also, lol.
Did there seem to be any impact from the spectator entrance fee and food fee? I saw all the links several days ago but didn't follow it all to see if anything changed.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jerzi
B5m kuch chassis almost ready.
jerzi
Is this the chassis that has the B4 front end?
Old 03-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Tech Prophet

No spectator fees. There were food fees, but I don't think anyone followed that. I saw outside food being brought in by the arm load. You were supposed to have a "wrist band" if you paid for outside food rights. I saw one wrist band all weekend and lots of food. Honestly, I think the biggest thing to "hurt" the turnout, was the lack of a T5M truck. I know a bunch of people were banking on running it in 17.5 and 13.5, but most backed out after there was no truck. There was tons of racers and spectators. And everyone seemed to be having a good time. The only thing that "might" have made things better was a mister system. The owner said the "should" be a mister system in for Nats. IMO, the traction was fine and some people were being babies. I drive on the same track as everyone else and I liked it. When it was wet, it was very hard to drive on. People were afraid of the traction rolls and short course trucks looked miserable. Just flipping in every corner. IMO, the track was great for the last day of quals and Mains. The track crew did a great job. A few people were surprised by the lack of door prizes. For an event with TONS of sponsors. MIP was the only one with goodies and they handed out foam tape to everyone. At big race last year at the new SRS, there were so many door prizes that pretty much everyone got stuff. Not a big deal, but a few people were surprised. Also, I was told by the owner that practice days would have a fee, but that never happened. So that was a nice cost savings.

Also, I ran the same set of primes all Week. I tried a new set in practice Saturday morning to see how they felt. However, I decided to keep my broken in tires on the car. I ran the Avid 2.2 wheels, with clay primes and JC Dirt Tech inserts. The Avid wheels really held up well. I expected the ribbing to twist like all of my JC/AKA/proline wheels, but after 6 days and many many packs on them, they were straight as an arrow. The foams softened up a little, but that was fine, because traction was dropping off from the first day of practice. Most guys seemed really happy with the money saved on tires compared to the last few years of the sugars cactus races.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
What's bad with the original?
It's heavy, too stiff for most surfaces in the US, and if you tweak or bend it at all, your car will never handle right again until you figure it out.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:40 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Socket
Is this the chassis that has the B4 front end?
This is yes the same chassis but now i installed the b5m front end.
Very small diffrent in the holes.
I dont understand wy any firm has done this kind of chassis for the market yet??
The handling is so promising that I have to do one more chassis for testing to an top driver from Europe, and he is really NOBODY he is an former really big race champion.
Jerzi
Old 03-16-2015, 10:44 AM
Tech Prophet

So, lets talk about chassis. As many people know, I am NOT an xfactory fan boy..not even a little bit. But.... Alex Kreig's car looked REALLY good at SRS this weekend. He TQ's with the xfactory chassis, but managed to blow out in the main. I talked to him about his car. He was using some soon to be released chassis stiffeners for the infinity chassis for higher bite tracks.

So what is wrong with the stock chassis? I dont know, but I will say that B5M with the infinity chassis looked good. But in the end, he got beat badly by a 13 year old girl. So maybe the driver wins the races and not the chassis, lol.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:14 AM
Suspended

So wy in earth doesnt xfactor not make the bottom chassis like me. 4mm thick and weights arround 110gr and is stiff like a rock.
will work very good on carpet etc hardbite tracks.
jerzi
Old 03-16-2015, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Why would they make a rock solid chassis when its already got one...Not everyone drives on clay. I'm lucky enough to have both, but in the summer I'm putting in as much flex I can into the car...In winter not so much. Xfactory just gives options

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.