Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Remember,

You cannot buy the B5m Lite right now. It will be a couple months away.
Yea i'm gonna wait because while it would be cool to have now, i'm as cheap as they come and want to save the extra $$
Old 02-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbowen
Welcome back! Youll absolutely love the b5m but I honestly would recommend running stock for at least your first year back. It really makes you a better driver bc you have to focus on your lines and how to hold speed. But if you really want to run Mod (and at that track) I would recommend a 10.5 and if you want more just boost it. I know when I started running stock from running an 8.5 I started running faster and more consistent lap times so don't over motor yourself.
I'd reccommend getting a 6.5 or 7.5. Turning down throttle is done in a click of a button. After he boosts 10.5 and wants more speed, he's out of luck.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

A track the size of norcal would be a blast in stock.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrandonBreh
I'd reccommend getting a 6.5 or 7.5. Turning down throttle is done in a click of a button. After he boosts 10.5 and wants more speed, he's out of luck.
You would never ever use all of a 6.5 at that track 8.5 Reedy Mach 2 would be more than plenty for that track but I do understand what you're saying. My point was that sometimes you can be faster with less motor which is why I recommended a 10.5...
Old 02-06-2015, 02:47 PM
3de
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Arrow Thanks

Originally Posted by dbowen
You would never ever use all of a 6.5 at that track 8.5 Reedy Mach 2 would be more than plenty for that track but I do understand what you're saying. My point was that sometimes you can be faster with less motor which is why I recommended a 10.5...
Thanks everyone for the reply's. I also plan on running at Watsonville as well which is much bigger. Just wondering if there are any decent lower budget motor speed controller combos anyone might recommend, or anything to stay away from.
heres a pic of Watsonville

Old 02-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 3de
Thanks everyone for the reply's. I also plan on running at Watsonville as well which is much bigger. Just wondering if there are any decent lower budget motor speed controller combos anyone might recommend, or anything to stay away from.

Hobbywing is a cheap solid esc. As for motors, I've always bought a motor right after the newer version comes out so that it's on sale
Old 02-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Is CowRC's Udder Butter an ok grease to use in any part of the transmission? (ball diff, etc.) Or am I way off the reservation.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I am really considering getting the Lite version when it comes out. But I had a question about the 3 gear transmission. So when the car is in the air (jumping), if I accelerate will the car nose up or nose down? I am thinking it will nose down. I guess I'm concerned as this is the opposite of my other cars and might find it hard to adjust between rounds.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VoyageRC.com
Is CowRC's Udder Butter an ok grease to use in any part of the transmission? (ball diff, etc.) Or am I way off the reservation.
I have no idea what that product is like, but a very small dab of it on one to two gears should be fine. Really, any grease will work.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdeleon
I am really considering getting the Lite version when it comes out. But I had a question about the 3 gear transmission. So when the car is in the air (jumping), if I accelerate will the car nose up or nose down? I am thinking it will nose down. I guess I'm concerned as this is the opposite of my other cars and might find it hard to adjust between rounds.
It should handle in the air just like any other car. The biggest factor to adjusting pitch in the air is the rotation of the tires. That is why a 4wd car is far more adjustable in the air over a 2wd.

In a more technical sense, the angular momentum of the tires is far greater than the torque exerted by the motor pitching the chassis down.

So it will pitch like every other car in the air, 3 or 4 gear.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

my car behaves the same in the air with the 3 gear... it pitches the same and lands better.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys,

Just seeing if anyone has done a comparison between Saddles (or square) and shorty, and the difference in weight bias on the same set-up? I'm trying to decide whether to go to shorty or not. Happy with split saddles (rear/foam/front), having done both front & both rear - you can feel the difference. Admittedly, I'm running 5100mah & 5600mah saddle packs

Thanks,

Mike
Old 02-07-2015, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3de

that track looks like tons of fun, farming country like Visalia. I have a friend in Watsonville, if you see tour coaches around with Discovery Charter on the side, that's him. Looks like that track could use some motor, people on here like the HW, good controller and good price. You can also pick up a good Orion R10 in the for sale section usually for a good price and it is a nice controller.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

@3de Castle's mamba max pro is about 120 and will handle any motor you can throw at it. Its a little on the large side but its damn near bullet proof
Old 02-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mschumi101
It should handle in the air just like any other car. The biggest factor to adjusting pitch in the air is the rotation of the tires. That is why a 4wd car is far more adjustable in the air over a 2wd.

In a more technical sense, the angular momentum of the tires is far greater than the torque exerted by the motor pitching the chassis down.

So it will pitch like every other car in the air, 3 or 4 gear.
Exactly. The only thing you may witness, is that ON-throttle in mid air, the nose won't raise quite as easily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.