Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i just got my b5m i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a setup. i run on a indoor med bite damp clay tight track. has anyone tried the box setup? just curious what to do before i start building buggy. thanks
Old 12-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
i just got my b5m i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a setup. i run on a indoor med bite damp clay tight track. has anyone tried the box setup? just curious what to do before i start building buggy. thanks
Where do you race?
Old 12-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default race

Originally Posted by Jade67
Where do you race?
hi jade i race in western ny
Old 12-15-2014, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

deleted
Old 12-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
Read page 1
Old 12-15-2014, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Since I've seen you post a lot good info I'm going to go with that it's not built wrong, and you've verified all the ball cups are free, I think this catches a lot of people out, included the guy I bought my 2nd car from, they were not good, no wonder I got a great deal
Well... you made me look, and good on you man. I felt the "on load" slide of my bones in and out of the outdrives and they were amazingly sticky compared to how they looked. Turns out the bone pins have some meat hooks hiding on them where I couldn't see, and that right there will do exactly what I'm complaining about--make the rear suspension lock up under power or brake. Until I get some new bones and outdrives, and probably install some new cblock/spindle and rear hubs (I run the plastic ones), I really can't fault the platform. Definitely makes me feel better knowing there's a reason the thing was just all over the map.

The car was a bit slopped out, but the killer is the binding in the rear outdrive/bones. It honestly looks fine at a glance, but there's no doubt after feeling them. I swapped the bones left to right and it even got dramatically smoother with just that. Greif.

Wayne
Old 12-15-2014, 11:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Schoettler inline

Old 12-16-2014, 02:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chonchachencho
Omg. That set up sheet is very tight 180 from what I'm running and I'm really curious so i just might try it lol. Why did you decide to do 1 degree in board toe and 3 degrees of anti squat?
sorry i finally got the setup sheet all squared away lol
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-capture.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-b5m.jpg  
Old 12-16-2014, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

I'm not really seeing a useful thread for the reedy black box. Is it a must have to get the program box?
Old 12-16-2014, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
Well... you made me look, and good on you man. I felt the "on load" slide of my bones in and out of the outdrives and they were amazingly sticky compared to how they looked. Turns out the bone pins have some meat hooks hiding on them where I couldn't see, and that right there will do exactly what I'm complaining about--make the rear suspension lock up under power or brake. Until I get some new bones and outdrives, and probably install some new cblock/spindle and rear hubs (I run the plastic ones), I really can't fault the platform. Definitely makes me feel better knowing there's a reason the thing was just all over the map.

The car was a bit slopped out, but the killer is the binding in the rear outdrive/bones. It honestly looks fine at a glance, but there's no doubt after feeling them. I swapped the bones left to right and it even got dramatically smoother with just that. Greif.

Wayne
Glad you found that, its ashame AE's QC is kinda sad on these kits, its almost a 50% chance its not right out of the box, I'll give the K car a big up on it in the quality of parts dept.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn

Wayne
yeah, that is the main selling point of the pucks. smoother consistent feel and just replace the puck for upkeep. great for stock, no idea how they hold up on mod
Old 12-16-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
I'm not really seeing a useful thread for the reedy black box. Is it a must have to get the program box?
Must have? That is a loaded with opinions question. For me the program box IS a "must" have.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
yeah, that is the main selling point of the pucks. smoother consistent feel and just replace the puck for upkeep. great for stock, no idea how they hold up on mod
they have the shiny drive system for mod with steel outdrives instead of aluminum that will hold up a lot better.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Glad you found that, its ashame AE's QC is kinda sad on these kits, its almost a 50% chance its not right out of the box, I'll give the K car a big up on it in the quality of parts dept.
This wasn't a quality control issue, it was a worn out from lots of outdoor racing and I didn't see it issue. Having said that, the ball cups were a pain, the hubs and cblocks slop out pretty easily, and there is quite a bit of play in the rear arm mounts when new, but hey, easily fixed on those.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Must have? That is a loaded with opinions question. For me the program box IS a "must" have.
Yea the blackbox thread is useless... regarding the program box, considering the combo with the program box is only slightly more money, I'd say its no a brainer. Now if you have already purchased the esc and not the programmer, well for me it IS a must have, makes its very easy to work on at the track.

The esc itself has been great so far in my B44.3, very smooth and good power and strong brakes. my only issue is why dont they include the fan? Seriously i have to pay an extra $15 for the fan? which by the way has no protection and I've already broke a blade and have no idea how. if anyone knows of a 30mm fan protector let me know, I think PSM makes one but I dont believe its 30mm?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.