Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 08-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

The speed controls I listed are roar legal. If you are ONLY going to run 17.5 stock. I would get the Justock. No real need to spend more.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
not, make mistakes like anyone.
Just that I will admit it when ever I do make a mistake.

GuessN you need to brush up on installing ball cups
This is getting old...

You want to tell people that you've never had the same issue, fine. You want to tell people how you do things so that they might not have the same issues, fine.

But stop telling everyone they're wrong simply because you've never had the same issue. If that's a problem everyone will get a "Cherry Free" month of RCTech.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer1812
But stop telling everyone they're wrong simply because you've never had the same issue. If that's a problem everyone will get a "Cherry Free" month of RCTech.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Legend

I am not the only member here that has not experience difficulties with the ball cups...

I am not alone...
Old 08-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

I am not the only member here that has not experience difficulties with the ball cups...

I am not alone...
There is probably a batch or two with "out of tolerance" cups or ball studs, Cherry.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
The speed controls I listed are roar legal. If you are ONLY going to run 17.5 stock. I would get the Justock. No real need to spend more.
Thanks, all I plan is to run stock as I think it's a fun and competitve class.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeepy2013
Hey everyone, I've been out of off road racing for a little bit and just getting back into it now. I just picked up a B5M kit for indoor clay track racing and plan to run stock class with it. I was looking at possibly a Revtech 17.5, not sure on ESC yet.

I only used to run Novak, but it seems they are not what they used to be.

Also what would be the bare minimum upgrades I should consider right off the bat ?

Recommendations on ESC / Motor ?

Thanks!
I got a great deal on a Trinity D4 17.5 Tornado edition from express-motorsports.net. They also had the Trinity RevTech brick pack for a great deal. Contact John on the contact page for recommendations and prices. I have had a great experience with them on a couple different motors.

I also at Johns suggestion got the Hobbywing Juststock ESC. He doesnt sell them but TQ, RaceVTA, and Amain do as well as others.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

I am not alone...
you just don't get it.

it is because you tell everyone that because you and a few others don't have the issue that there is no issue.

There are more people that have the problem with the ball cups and ball studs than do not. This does not mean that everyone is doing something wrong with them. Last I check installing a ball stud into a ball cup was not rocket science.

what is even more amazing is that once you put a ball stud into the ball cup that is round and does not have the flat spots that there is no more binding issues. I still guess that we are wrong because you have not seen it.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

I am not alone...
All 3 of my kits had tight ball cups, I know high up team members had tight ball cups. The plier trick works a charm and takes 3 minutes. Every B5 I have come across including my first batch B5 I had early this year needed the fix. You would be in the minority if you did not have the issue.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Legend

Micro
O no , I understand completely.Not one Doublt.

Could someone make some images of the offending ball cups ?

Maybe that would help ..
Old 08-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Micro
O no , I understand completely.Not one Doublt.

Could someone make some images of the offending ball cups ?

Maybe that would help ..
Its not the cup it is the ball stud. I dont believe a camera will pick it up and if i buy more ball studs i will gladly try to take a picture. However, i have already sanded and polished mine.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I am not alone...
there is a difference between not having difficulties with ballcups and not knowing enough to know when you do. It's too bad theres no one in your state that can help you with it.. i feel sorry for you
Old 08-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

not, make mistakes like anyone.
Just that I will admit it when ever I do make a mistake.

GuessN you need to brush up on installing ball cups
Dude just STFU about it. I think you are either delusional or intentionally full of crap just to troll people.

AE isn't perfect. Get over it. Stop acting like a teenage girl swooning over her favorite pop-star and let the adults in this room work out a solution.

Why do I let this jackass get to me, I almost didn't get this buggy just to avoid the cesspool of the AE forums. Really wish Teckno would make a EB210, nothing but bros hanging out and talking about setups over there.

Last edited by racer1812; 08-28-2014 at 10:28 AM. Reason: lets keep the language PG please
Old 08-28-2014, 10:28 AM
Tech Legend

Rc23
Don't feel sorry for me please.
I can take any disagreement in a mature manner.

Images would prove if there is defect..
If you could make some of your bad cups please.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Rc23
Don't feel sorry for me please.
I can take any disagreement in a mature manner.

Images would prove if there is defect..
If you could make some of your bad cups please.
No you can't handle disagreement in a mature manner. You poke and prod at people until enough of them tell you to go to hell then try to act all helpful so you can spool them up again later. You've been doing this crap since the 4x4SCT10 forms trying to say all the mods were junk until AE copied the designs, one of which is the VTS slipper still used in their new cars today.

Even now, you know damn good and well there have been several videos posted in this tread demonstrating and then fixing the problem. So you can keep that smug "how can I help" BS to yourself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.