Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I don't know about there being anything that you need to buy for a b5 or b5m. They are really great out of the box. Some of these suggestions are killing me. Bearings! I'd pay somebody if they could prove that expensive bearings would be worth .05 a lap over functioning stock ones. If money is a consideration at all, the cars work great stock when set up properly. They're durable too. If money is that tight I'd focus on stuff like buying good foams with your tires. I think that's the #1 thing people don't do. I know....I buy 2 of everything, weigh it, replace it, buy another.....etc. People that know me are probably thinking "look who's talking"! I buy everything available [pretty much] for my cars and I can tell you almost all of it is 0 value added. The bling makes you feel better but doesn't do much for your car. Once again, this advice is coming from a guy who will buy almost anything shiny. If it was me, I'd buy a car, drive it, tune it, and then make incremental changes one at a time. If you run stock, weight reduction can make your car faster (not necessarily you), if you're mod you can motor up to where weight is a moot point.

Just my opinion.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
lol, I have heard wd40, baby oil, silicon spray and now pledge......well wd40 was fail. so was silicone spray.
If you run outdoors not even a chassis liner helps unless you change it frequently. If you run indoors on soft clay anything that will make the chassis slide will help.....SC1 works as good as anything else.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Jconcepts uncut chassis protectors. 2 for $10.00. Stick it, cut it. Done.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
If you run outdoors not even a chassis liner helps unless you change it frequently. If you run indoors on soft clay anything that will make the chassis slide will help.....SC1 works as good as anything else.
Outdoors I agree will kill any type of protection. Tend to stay away from outdoors.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

I don't mind the chassis getting scratched up since we're mostly running on smooth clay that doesn't eat them up too bad, i just hate having to dig dirt out of the screws on the bottom.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

the pledge or endust just greases it up and makes it slick so the chassis does not stick on the clay if you land and bottom out. it dosent protect it at all. i really could care less if i have scratches or not on the bottom of my car lol. (indoor clay) its like battle scars. haha. i can dig the clay outta the screws in 20 seconds.
one day i just got sick of taking the protector on and off when wrenching on the car. and to my surprize it DIDNT affect my lap times..... lol
only thing it affected was my wallet. and now there is more money inside it!
Old 08-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Tech Legend

Concepts chassis covers are awesome , I use & spray EnDust for the extra quick lap times ..
Old 08-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I don't know about there being anything that you need to buy for a b5 or b5m. They are really great out of the box. Some of these suggestions are killing me. Bearings! I'd pay somebody if they could prove that expensive bearings would be worth .05 a lap over functioning stock ones. If money is a consideration at all, the cars work great stock when set up properly. They're durable too. If money is that tight I'd focus on stuff like buying good foams with your tires. I think that's the #1 thing people don't do. I know....I buy 2 of everything, weigh it, replace it, buy another.....etc. People that know me are probably thinking "look who's talking"! I buy everything available [pretty much] for my cars and I can tell you almost all of it is 0 value added. The bling makes you feel better but doesn't do much for your car. Once again, this advice is coming from a guy who will buy almost anything shiny. If it was me, I'd buy a car, drive it, tune it, and then make incremental changes one at a time. If you run stock, weight reduction can make your car faster (not necessarily you), if you're mod you can motor up to where weight is a moot point.

Just my opinion.
Pretty much the best post in the last 100+ pages.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.amain.com/JConcepts-4mm-L...Blue-4/p212767

Do those work on the B5? They are 7mm correct?

Last edited by Mizchief; 08-21-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
http://www.amain.com/JConcepts-4mm-L...Blue-4/p212767

Do those work on the B5? They are 4mm correct?
Yep! The illuzion nuts have worked well for me on my other cars. I use the Core RC aluminum nuts though. They aren't as blingy, but they are cheaper, and have worked really well for me. The serration is really grabby, plus you get the option for purple!
Old 08-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Konich
Pretty much the best post in the last 100+ pages.
+1
Old 08-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Legend

I think more like this, your going to be using the B5 for years.
Having all the tuning parts just makes sense.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nemaris
Yep! The illuzion nuts have worked well for me on my other cars. I use the Core RC aluminum nuts though. They aren't as blingy, but they are cheaper, and have worked really well for me. The serration is really grabby, plus you get the option for purple!
Sweet, I have a set of those and spares for my SCT410 I wasn't using anyway since I converted it to 17mm.

The stock AE ones seem pretty good, but I hate having the nylon on wheel nuts cause you have to use a wrench the whole thread vs. spinning them on and giving quick twist at the end to clamp down.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

What radio does everyone use?

Im a little pissed off about my steering spring breaking yesterday after 8 weeks and kind of want to jump ship from spektrum - It may be extreme, but from what I have read the DX3C was plagued by this issue and if I'm having it so soon it seems they didn't fix it.

I was either thinking of going to the DX4S and flipping the two receivers and my radio when its fixed, but that would just be giving them more money.

What about airtronics / futaba? If I am going to switch I'm going to spend $200+ on a radio - bummer is that I need a second receiver, which is why the DX4S seems to be the best option - are they more reliable? Is there a noticeable difference in higher end radios?

I would go low end futaba but i tried one out and it simply just wasn't comfortable, didn't like the way it felt.

I know I may be side tracking the thread, but you guys have the same car and I'm sure ill get quicker answers than the R&E forum.

THanks!
Old 08-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

MT-4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.