Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 03:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (98%+)

is there a motor fan that will work for this car.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Need 1500 Gram Set Up Suggestions

Dropping approximately 60 grams (new battery) and would like to hear from those who are already running 1500 gram set ups. Looking for shock oil, springs, ride height, etc info.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

must be almost ready...finnisher for the b5m.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-download.jpg  
Old 07-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

so i finally got to run my mm last night,it was also my first time running a mid motor card period,my car is bone stock, i run stock also. it was set up box setup and it was ok just a little loose for the 1st couple packs,so i switched my arms over the rm front and rear arms. Ran it again and it helped out a lot but still wasn't satisfied on how the car was running,granted i didn't have the typos everyone was using but traction was coming up.My 1st qualifier i ended up 2nd in the heat but 13th overall out of 33 or so buggies,and there was a lot of chassis sponsored guys running stock because there was no mod,i would say the top 7 were chassis sponsored guys. That first round i ran m3 ions and i just couldn't push it like i wanted to. So the next round i went to 3/2 rear inserts and .5 in my rear hubs and ran ss handlebars,My car was much better and i felt i could push it a little harder and ran a 20.073 and the fast sponsored guys were running 19.2s i believe.I felt i had the car in the right direction. So my main was up and i put the soft ions back on thinking i could push it a little more with this tires since i was 6th in the b,boy my car was stuck like velcro and it was hard to drive,i think i was running 5th and i was getting plowed by one car corner after corner (didn't think he knew how to use brakes) and finally he spun me into a pipe and i ended up 7th in the b. Not were i wanted to finish but the class had some heavy hitter and for someone with no expectations other then trying to make the car good i felt like it was a good night. So i can't wait to get some more wheels time on the car and see what else i can do with it,not to shabby for a bone stock heavy car
Old 07-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

What would you guys recommend for a cost saving decent stock only ESC? I am building a RM (sold my slash and even though I don't need it I wanted to build another car). My mm I have a RS Gen2 because the "stock" class at one of the tracks I will run at allows boost and what not. But for the RM I want to run straight stock to get started. Is it worth it to go for a high end esc or are there any low end ones that I really wouldn't notice a difference on. Id probably get a D4 or another killshot as the motor, unless there is any reason to get anything different.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 07-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hcopp
What would you guys recommend for a cost saving decent stock only ESC? I am building a RM (sold my slash and even though I don't need it I wanted to build another car). My mm I have a RS Gen2 because the "stock" class at one of the tracks I will run at allows boost and what not. But for the RM I want to run straight stock to get started. Is it worth it to go for a high end esc or are there any low end ones that I really wouldn't notice a difference on. Id probably get a D4 or another killshot as the motor, unless there is any reason to get anything different.

Thanks for any advice!
Light, cheap and works great:

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...k-esc-for-1-10
Old 07-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by racer_guy
must be almost ready...finnisher for the b5m.
Looks like a c4.2 finnisher. I know lots of guys are running them. I run my c4.2 finnisher body on my rear motor and mid motor.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jcozz
Looks like a c4.2 finnisher. I know lots of guys are running them. I run my c4.2 finnisher body on my rear motor and mid motor.
not arguing with you on that one. there are alot of ppl that use them. the only thing is though, is that rivkin, cav, and hartson are running these at the hotrod shootout that is happening right now. and pw @ jconcepts said they would be an aug. release or maybe sooner. just speculation.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by racer_guy
not arguing with you on that one. there are alot of ppl that use them. the only thing is though, is that rivkin, cav, and hartson are running these at the hotrod shootout that is happening right now. and pw @ jconcepts said they would be an aug. release or maybe sooner. just speculation.
I can't wait to get one!! Finnisher bodies Are definately my favorite.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Tech Legend

Hcoop
alot of good racers around here went to the Orion..

But they all purchased the less expensive
Stock stock spec version and they use it in mod
Old 07-20-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Finish to read all 410 pages And i decided to up grade to b5m. Tank you guy's
Old 07-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Hcoop
alot of good racers around here went to the Orion..

But they all purchased the less expensive
Stock stock spec version and they use it in mod
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...s--ORI65120#t1

???
Old 07-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Legend

Yes that is the one Jake, thanks..
inexpensive & smooth

And
A top brand ..

Tip:

Check your steering rack out.

If it's smooth on top , your good ..

You have installed correctly.

But some here may have not ....Bad...

A common mistake that often does not get caught.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Yes that is the one Jake, thanks..
inexpensive , smooth a top brand name.
cant find the manual for it, but i saw on orions site it says its good down to a 5.5 on 2s.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

I can definitely swing the orion, but at that point id probably stick with another RS Gen 2 as I have the hotwire setup and what not.

I was more curious about the hobby wing stuff. As I said this would be for pure stock 17.5 blinky.

When I want to step up that car I would probably go for an orion pro or something. For ~$60 will it do what I need it to do? Better way to phrase the question - Will I be at a huge disadvantage running the hobby wing stock vs someone with a "better" ESC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.