Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 07:56 AM
Tech Legend

Ridge

Mike did his first, Luke did his last night .
I will be the third to do .
Old 05-10-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Ridge

Nice
Old 05-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Ridge

Pic would be awesome. Trying to picture it
Old 05-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Tech Legend

Will try to do , maybe tomorrow.
just finished grinding the battery box & water fall ..

took me a while ,bout a couple hours ....

wish you could send images on the phone for rctech
Old 05-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Will try to do , maybe tomorrow.
just finished grinding the battery box & water fall ..

took me a while ,bout a couple hours ....

wish you could send images on the phone for rctech
You can but it is tough, get the app on the iPhone called batchresizer. Make picture small and attach.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
You can but it is tough, get the app on the iPhone called batchresizer. Make picture small and attach.
You don't even need an app. All you have to do is sometimes crop the photo down in size
Old 05-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Man...I put in some practice yesterady and today I raced. Second day with the car and I've had great results. I've never been in the top of the "A" but today I was 1 second off TQ and the car is awesome. I put the B5 arms and shock tower (regular plastic) and it was much better than stock. I can't wait to try the "hard" compnents. Never been all that much into off road but I am pleased to say, I AM NOW....Great Car
Old 05-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Tech Legend

Drove it with the inline shorty.

Very good, weight balance is improved & more steering.

I really believe this will be the hot ticket mod

You grind off may be 7 gr of plastic & loose more weight from the shorter motor wires.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daveb
Man...I put in some practice yesterady and today I raced. Second day with the car and I've had great results. I've never been in the top of the "A" but today I was 1 second off TQ and the car is awesome. I put the B5 arms and shock tower (regular plastic) and it was much better than stock. I can't wait to try the "hard" compnents. Never been all that much into off road but I am pleased to say, I AM NOW....Great Car
How did the flat arms/tower help the stock setup? Did you still have 4mm trailing axle?
Old 05-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Had a really great evening of practice with the car last night. I just love this darn thing, so balanced, so smooth, so predictable, and man can this thing take a beating! I got into a few hairy crashes and came out unscathed. Unfortunately 10 min before the track closed I clipped some chain link fence in mid air through our big triple. The fence grabbed my left front tire and yanked it to a dead stop. You could here a loud crack and everyone on the driver's stand cringed. I knew it wasn't going to walk away front that one. Carnage report, bulkhead snapped and pulled through the top plate and kick up plate with a bent front left turn buckle.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So, tested my B5M yesterday for a lot of packs. Here's my report:
The motor gets hot in this car. Dunno why but much hotter than in a RM B5 or a RM 22 or a MM 22. Same motor, same final drive. Not damaging hot but much more than normal.

Oh, and if try to run the hard rear shock tower and camber link, you might break the camber plate in less than one lap without crashing like I did. wtf?

Anyway, I started with the kit setup. We have a medium-high clay track here and what I ended up with was:
3mm inside rear camber ball stud height. This added a significant amount of side bite
Gray springs all around. Kept me from traction rolling and made the car more consistent. white - white was good but just a little rolly polly.
35wt front and 27.5 wt rear. More viscosity out back lost traction and didn't help anywhere else useful.
OH, and the big thing for me was to lean the upper rear shock mount in. This made all the difference in the world - moving the upper location to the "inner" hole.

Anyway, really enjoyed driving it for multiple packs yesterday. Sorta wish I could go back today....
Old 05-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
So, tested my B5M yesterday for a lot of packs. Here's my report:
The motor gets hot in this car. Dunno why but much hotter than in a RM B5 or a RM 22 or a MM 22. Same motor, same final drive. Not damaging hot but much more than normal.

Oh, and if try to run the hard rear shock tower and camber link, you might break the camber plate in less than one lap without crashing like I did. wtf?

Anyway, I started with the kit setup. We have a medium-high clay track here and what I ended up with was:
3mm inside rear camber ball stud height. This added a significant amount of side bite
Gray springs all around. Kept me from traction rolling and made the car more consistent. white - white was good but just a little rolly polly.
35wt front and 27.5 wt rear. More viscosity out back lost traction and didn't help anywhere else useful.
OH, and the big thing for me was to lean the upper rear shock mount in. This made all the difference in the world - moving the upper location to the "inner" hole.

Anyway, really enjoyed driving it for multiple packs yesterday. Sorta wish I could go back today....
Sweet. Why do you have chainlink fence there anyway?
Old 05-11-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Drove it with the inline shorty.

Very good, weight balance is improved & more steering.

I really believe this will be the hot ticket mod

You grind off may be 7 gr of plastic & loose more weight from the shorter motor wires.
Pics or it never happened.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by suby723
Pics or it never happened.
Its WC. It probably didnt.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
Why do you have chainlink fence there anyway?
It's ran all along the back of the track as a barrier between the track and the pit tables...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.