Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bilster44
The Typos you have on are why your car is illegally lite too. If you had golds on, you would be in the 1520's to 30's.
Right.... Evo rims/tires may be illegal now but with ALL major tire manufacturers following this style of mounting system it will be made legal soon.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Legend

The threads on the stock rods or 2" titanium rods don't go in so deep that they are stressing the actual cup though...that sticking/binding with the cup hole itself is due to either flashing or the cup being just a tick out of round is all. Compressing the cup hole just a bit on the side gently with pliers will free that binding right up.
Nothing wrong with ball cups, the longer rod is pushing into the cup distorting it and causing it to bind.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ran my mid motor this weekend in stock and was awesome but I was struggling with front bite. Any suggestions to get more front end bite Seemed to push through the corners. Other than that it was awesome to drive made me look good. Great buggy to build also

Thanks Chris.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Nothing wrong with ball cups, the longer rod is pushing into the cup distorting it and causing it to bind.
Are you REALLY that ignorant? So YOU are saying that the rods that come WITH the kits are too long, and they are distorting the the ball hole end? Do you REALLY think AE would give EVERYONE tie rods that are too long?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Are you REALLY that ignorant? So YOU are saying that the rods that come WITH the kits are too long, and they are distorting the the ball hole end? Do you REALLY think AE would give EVERYONE tie rods that are too long?
Do YOU REALLY think AE would design a front axle and bearing that didn't work in EVERY KIT??? oh wait they did and now have included proper shims to make it work......
Old 05-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Question - I know springs are more of an art than science on RC cars (kidding...) but I"m looking at two identical setups - I assume the one on the AE site has the AE springs on there because they don't want to sell the competitors springs for them. Anyway, one has Kyosho gold front and red rear while the one on the AE site has grey grey. Of course, my shop doesn't have greys so I was looking at losi springs which I have a bazillion of. So, petit has this chart and to make things worse, the kyosho red has a way high spring rating than the AE gray, except for the "measured" rate is almost identical. Anyway, I haven't ever really cared about brand to brand comparisons till now so if anyone can help. Here's the chart:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/BuggyBigBoreSpring.pdf
Old 05-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Legend

Not ignorant & never rude to anyone that comes here for fun & information.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
Question - I know springs are more of an art than science on RC cars (kidding...) but I"m looking at two identical setups - I assume the one on the AE site has the AE springs on there because they don't want to sell the competitors springs for them. Anyway, one has Kyosho gold front and red rear while the one on the AE site has grey grey. Of course, my shop doesn't have greys so I was looking at losi springs which I have a bazillion of. So, petit has this chart and to make things worse, the kyosho red has a way high spring rating than the AE gray, except for the "measured" rate is almost identical. Anyway, I haven't ever really cared about brand to brand comparisons till now so if anyone can help. Here's the chart:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/BuggyBigBoreSpring.pdf
The TLR LFR spring or the original ones? The original ones are very progressive. you can feel it in your hands. The AE and LFR springs are more linear. If you are going to "do your own thing" with springs, pick one that is close in rating and go up/down as needed for the feel you want. IMO the original TLR springs are junk.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabulous
To cut the weight down; Titanium screw kit, AE aluminum top shaft, Schelle slipper eliminator. remove battery strap, thumb screws & foam, cut out all braces behind servo, between battery post, and triangle sections next to tranny mount. AKA Typo tires. Oh yea and the dog bones were polished chrome to make it go faster.
How does the battery stay in place
Old 05-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Not ignorant & never rude to anyone that comes here for fun & information.
But Cherry you are stating something that is just not true...and that in itself will mislead people. I'm done with this.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by predu
Do YOU REALLY think AE would design a front axle and bearing that didn't work in EVERY KIT??? oh wait they did and now have included proper shims to make it work......
That was just quality control for the width of the crush tubes...the length of the kit tie rods do not vary...you either get them with, or with out threads LOL!
Old 05-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
The TLR LFR spring or the original ones? The original ones are very progressive. you can feel it in your hands. The AE and LFR springs are more linear. If you are going to "do your own thing" with springs, pick one that is close in rating and go up/down as needed for the feel you want. IMO the original TLR springs are junk.
And the LFR TLR springs cover such a tiny range of adjustment, all grouped around the Pink although it looks like none of the lighter rear LFR springs might work out very well.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Can't seem to get more mid and exit steering without loosening rear traction.

On another note IMO Schelle bearings or something similar is a great upgrade!! So much more free spinning especially the front wheel bearings
Old 05-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Just finished my build

I thought the b5m build went together rather nicely. Only a few things concerned me. One were the dog bones. It seemed that the molding for the pin wasn't centered in the manufacturing process so if I insert it into the outdrive one way it binds like hell but if i flop it 180 degrees it fits but with a slight wobble (even tried other outdrive still did the same and it was only one dog bone not both). My second issue I had were the stock turnbuckles. IMO they are junk. The lengths on them are wayyyyy to long. You end up having to bury the threads so far into the tie-rod end that you can't even make adjustments to camber or toe with out the damn things popping off. Since they are so tightly buried into the tie-rod end it also acts like a clamp on the ball stud. So that once free moving ball cup, becomes tight with binding once everything is adjusted to where it should be.

With that said everything else in the build went together flawlessly. I contacted AE about replacement dogbones since it has been an issue with other customers and they said they will replace for free! Awesome! As for the turnbuckles I don't know what I am going to do. Probably find me some shorter length ones or perhaps contact AE again to let them know whats going on.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
Wow, that is so not what I have experienced with the RM car. It has tons of off power initial steering "at turn in" as you call it. What it's missing is on power steering - mid corner and exit steering.

Not sure what "corkscrew" means either. You mean it had too much off power steering?
The key here will be to fine tune your front droop and rear anti-squat to keep weight on the front tires when on-throttle.

Subtract a little front droop... add a little anti-squat... that should add some mid-to-exit steering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.