Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by predu
I would love to see a big race video of some of the mouthy punks here.
Really...Do we really need to go there?

Sure he can drive but sometimes how he presents his thoughts/ideas rub people the wrong way. We just need to help George work on his communication skills.

I know of quite a few people who can setup cars but ask them to drive them...well they are not as fast on the clock and the same works the other way. We don't need to dig up videos of people racing just to prove a point.

Nice work George.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I agree Kraig. He just uses phrases/terminology that pushes some people's buttons.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

No worries I thought that was really cool, and while looking at the pic I was like wow that really looks like mine just took me a second.

Originally Posted by rigor
Sorry Jason. I didn't even think about being certain who's car this was and crediting them here. I was just excited to see it. I had just thought of it the night prior to going to sleep. Then BOOM! There's your car! Hah

Nice job
Old 04-15-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

I Am thinking about going to a carpet indoor race I would be running a 7.5 though. They say the tires below work. Track is ozite.

Buggy: Front -
Schumacher Stagger or Cut Stagger (Yellow Compound)
No foams, trimmed

Pro-Line Wedge Z3

Rear:
Schumacher Mini-Pin (Yellow)
Pro-Line Pin-Point Z3

Any other tricks or tips recommended for carpet like this -

Originally Posted by Wade....
Just sharing my carpet setup for anyone interested.

Small indoor carpet astroturf, wooden medium size jumps. More grip than you can deal with. Most tuning is to take away grip.

Tires: Dboots Terrabyte A Comp Front (inner and outer row of pins trimmed off), Dboots Nanobyte A Comp Rear

Everything kit setup except:
white springs 1.6 piston 32.5 oil all 4 shocks
Shorty battery full forward
3mm spacer under rear inner link (+1mm from kit)
RTR Weight ~1560g.

Can drive super hard due to being very safe, no rolling issues at all. So fun!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associa...en_ORCM201403/
Old 04-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Wow looks fun and hard! Thanks
Old 04-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90003-Team-A...item27e25a2267

Was cruising ebay
For who dont have one yet.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know a few pages ago there were some skeptical that you could get a B5m under ROAR minimum, but here's another one.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Very nice build Bill. Can you list the various things you put on the car to bring it to that weight?

Originally Posted by BillPear
I know a few pages ago there were some skeptical that you could get a B5m under ROAR minimum, but here's another one.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kraig
Really...Do we really need to go there?

Sure he can drive but sometimes how he presents his thoughts/ideas rub people the wrong way. We just need to help George work on his communication skills.

I know of quite a few people who can setup cars but ask them to drive them...well they are not as fast on the clock and the same works the other way. We don't need to dig up videos of people racing just to prove a point.

Nice work George.
I agree. Cherry has a lot of good info on here. He just doesn't always communicate it in a friendly way. I think he might seam like he comes off as a "know it all" or cocky sometimes. That seams to just be his style. I can tell he isn't trying to do this tho. But I can see where people get a little annoyed by it too tho.

I think he gets more shit than he deserves on here tho. Some of you guys are pretty harsh towards him. He generally seams to be trying to help people out in a constructive way. He is always willing to help out with advice. Who cares if it's from his own experience or his co-racers. You guys wouldn't disregard advice from someone that raced with a group of pro drivers cuz the advice wasn't obtained from personal experience would u? I am still happy to get advice no matter who it originally came from. As long as it's good help.

So I feel overall he brings more help to this forum than a lot of the guys that pick on him. Some of the people ripping on him are pretty immature as well. What are we in high school all over again where kids think there scoring "cool points" for ripping on the little guy? Grow up guys. Quit searching for the littlest technicality to discredit someone! Unless u have better advice keep Ur opinions to Ur self and keep this forum from being polluted with B.S.

These forums are to help share advice, tips, tricks, reviews ect..... Let's keep it that way please.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can someone explain the rear wing shim? What settings do you have in what position? Am I supposed to make a hole in the wing and screw it into the shim?
Old 04-15-2014, 06:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish
Can someone explain the rear wing shim? What settings do you have in what position? Am I supposed to make a hole in the wing and screw it into the shim?
I didnt use the screw on mine. Never saw a need to. I am looking forward to the updated wing mounts for thicker wings though.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Tech Rookie

OK guys I'm going crazy when will the next batch be release from associated?
Old 04-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
Very nice build Bill. Can you list the various things you put on the car to bring it to that weight?
Gladly! Nothing really stupid just smart parts selection.
AE B5m Al screw kit
Lunsford Ti front axles
Exotec battery strap and topshaft.
Removed the plastic behind the servo and between the battery screws
AE B4 Ti turnbuckles
All the wires are shortened and 14g motor/battery wire (you'd be surprised how much you can save there)
Shorty Servo
SchuurSpeed motor (I didn't realize it's worth about 10gs but Because Ron helps us out all the time)
Peak 4000mah short pack (NOT a 2s pan car pack)
Ti front tower and Top shock bolts, more for corrosion resistance than weight (the OC_RC misters will play hell on your steel screws unless you keep up on them.)

I think that's about it. By aware that various wheel/tire combos can be a killer. I'm running AKA Typos which are 20g lighter than Dirtwebs.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

I believe that the flat part is always facing up and the nub is down the hole is for a set screw if the wing is crooked to hold it straight once fixed or wearing out and flopping around a little it will tighten it up.

And if you run the spacer with the nub in front you have 0 deg nub in back is 6 deg and don't ask me how you get 3 deg nub on top of the wing maybe?

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.