Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 03-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jason Snyder
I'm looking to make a first post similar to the RB6 thread.....but keep in mind that car has been out for years........it'll take time to collect, organize and enter all the information.

Glad to hear. Some of the information is simple cut and paste. And yes, I realize this is a hobby, but it is YOUR responsibility to keep things updated or pass the mantle on to someone who will. Just sayin'.

Last edited by JiuHaWong; 04-26-2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: edited to not be so mean...
Old 03-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by predu
umm ok. i tried to use the blue b4 bottom balls and the hole is too small, hence why i said you need to use b5 parts. 3mm is bigger than 4-40.

maybe i just got 8 mismade b4/sc10 lower ft balls. good thing my b5 ones were made right.
Originally Posted by predu
i had no problem puting b4 balls in b5 eyelets. it was the b4 balls the 3mm b5screw would not go thru them.
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Gotcha. Overall there is not an issue to use the older stuff if youre in a bind and cant get newer.
Ok my bad slightly. The ball OD and the width of the flats where the screw goes through are identical. I did use the B5 ball in the B4 eyelet so I'm not sure if the B4 ball works...but the eyelet DOES work.

Here is what I used...but I stuck the B5 ball in it.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Design looks familiar
not even close thats like saying cav copied bk's design, yeah they both have drips, but thats it.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Ok my bad slightly. The ball OD and the width of the flats where the screw goes through are identical. I did use the B5 ball in the B4 eyelet so I'm not sure if the B4 ball works...but the eyelet DOES work.

Here is what I used...but I stuck the B5 ball in it.
you are right, i read how i wrote it and i meant ball not eyelet , sorry.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

For those that have slop in the trailing inserts, I have found that a few dabs of shoe goo before installing them takes all the slop out. Plus you can still push them out if you need to.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skinny_j
For those that have slop in the trailing inserts, I have found that a few dabs of shoe goo before installing them takes all the slop out. Plus you can still push them out if you need to.
Great idea. Did you to that for both the inner and outer peace? Im assuming a dab on each corner correct?
Old 03-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by splking1
Great idea. Did you to that for both the inner and outer peace? Im assuming a dab on each corner correct?
Exactly, no slop at all!
Old 03-25-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skinny_j
that was my thoughts or some teflon product..
Old 03-25-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
not even close thats like saying cav copied bk's design, yeah they both have drips, but thats it.
Um, ok. Hope you weren't offended, wasn't my point.
And by the way Cav's and Bk's designs are similar ( similar being the operative word) before you add color.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

What are some changes I can do to keep the front end from pushing coming into the corner my setup is pretty much stock
Old 03-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
Matt,

We were in similar positions of feeling with the B5m, at first anyway. Even on my 3rd day out with trying to tune it, while it had made a little progress, I still wasn't thrilled with it... couldn't push the car out of the corners hard. Was also leaning towards getting rid of it. I hung onto it and it started coming together more on the 4th time out, and especially my 5th / last time out. Small changes on setup seemed to make larger changes of stability on the track than my previous cars, from what I can recall. Once you get it decent, you realize the car has great corner speed and forward bite, IMO. Not saying there isn't more refined tuning to go, but I am so much happier with the car now. Wish it would have been a lot closer to this out of the box.

Saturday will be here soon enough... maybe give it another go this weekend with the starting point setup for OCRC I gave ya, tweak as needed, and see how you feel after you sleep on it come Sunday morning. The B5m's are still tough to find, so selling yours in nice shape for a nice price shouldn't be an issue.

Not certain if I can meet up with ya Saturday. I'll check back with you though regardless. Good luck man!

please share as i am on the same boat as matt. i have a 13.5 in my b5m and i can't even beat my b4.2 17.5 lap times. getting on power out of the corners has been the culprit, otherwise b5m is pretty good everywhere else. any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JVilla
please share as i am on the same boat as matt. i have a 13.5 in my b5m and i can't even beat my b4.2 17.5 lap times. getting on power out of the corners has been the culprit, otherwise b5m is pretty good everywhere else. any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
I am experiencing the same issue with on power corner exit.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

If you're having issues getting on the power exiting corners, try all 4 of the following rear end changes together:

1.6 pistons
AE 30 weight oil
AE White Springs
Inner hole shock mounting position up top on the rear tower.

After that you can toy with the inner rear camber link ballstud height. I am currently happy with 0 washers, bringing the ballstud down.

These changes along with the flat front arms/tower made me much happier with the B5m so far! To each their own style and preference of feel.

Good luck

Last edited by rigor; 03-26-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Rigor, thanks for the tips. Did you change the pistons too?

I do have the white springs on order.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JVilla
Originally Posted by GTSSTANG
I am experiencing the same issue with on power corner exit.
Originally Posted by GTSSTANG
Rigor, thanks for the tips. Did you change the pistons too?

I do have the white springs on order.
Yes 1.6 pistons on the rear as well. Forgot to mention that. Edited my post to reflect properly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.