Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hey guys,

First off, thanks to all of you who chimed in this morning mostly on page 102 of this thread, asking questions and wanting to try to help me out. I appreciate it.

First off, yes, I live in Orange County and am more or less in the heart / hub of RC racing land. I see and talk to Steven Hartson when I am out at OCRC; he's a way cool guy, and totally friendly. He answers my questions, comes to say what's up, etc. Kody, Wallnuts, and the other guys are around as well, but I don't see or talk to them as often. Unfortunately most of the AE team left earlier this week for the Cactus Classic race, so I'll have to wait until next week or so to get some more direct in person help.

To be clear: I have plenty of normal traction under all circumstances except the 180's.

Yes... tried my buddy's tires from his Serpent. Front. Rear. Both. His tires were a bit better, but it wasn't a huge difference in the hooking issue.

I'm running no drag brake at the moment, so the rear over rotating isn't from that setting. Good thinking though.

I unexpectedly ended up at OCRC today with my buddy to get some wrenching done on some of my older cars. Lead B5 engineer Bob Stellflue showed up, and we hit him up a bit for some ideas after trying to dial the car in more yesterday at LRH. Even at LRH with their high grip, the car still suffered the same same hooking issue on hairpins / 180's. Although we did make some progress by going to an even softer rear spring, and removing the 2mm washer from the rear inner ball studs.

Also spoke to another AE team driver, and it sounds like moving to a 78 spur so the motor can be pushed further back is what a lot of the guys are already doing, so I'll be trying that when I drive the car again Friday. It was also mentioned to be running oils 32/30 with a saddle, but 30/27 with a shorty.

As suggested, I think I might try laying the rear shocks down a little more to see if that helps as well.

Tropmonkey: I might be @ OCRC Friday. I'll find you to say hi. I usually hang with Kellen.

I'll report back this weekend to see if I got this hooking issue cleared up. That is my only issue with the car.

Thanks,
Jesse
Old 03-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blingy
Can or has someone dome a fr and RR weight bias with their buggy with a shorty to the rear and a saddle or square to the rear plz . thnx
With my shorty battery slid forward:
574g front / 954g rear

Shorty slid back:
553g front / 973g rear

Square pack:
601g / 1001g

That was with no body, but everything else. The body was waaay outside in the garage.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daravelli
Hey guys, can someone give me a diameter on the hinge pins? Need to pick up some shims on the way home and forgot to measure. Thanks!
Measured my rear arm pins at 4mm.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Finally, ready for the track! Hope it works as good as it went together
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Old 03-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Looks great! Make sure you locktite the front axle screws and the ball studs on the rear hubs, otherwise you might not make it through your 1st pack.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SilentHunter
Looks great! Make sure you locktite the front axle screws and the ball studs on the rear hubs, otherwise you might not make it through your 1st pack.
Thanks for the tip! I learned that from my b5.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Holeshot114
Finally, ready for the track! Hope it works as good as it went together
Raced my b5m there tonight. It was horrible,could not keep rear tires under it.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

The track being like dirty concrete isnt helping either,cant wait for the rebuild.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Cut a chassis protector for the time being, anybody have a link to pre cut chassis protectors?
Old 03-13-2014, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
Cut a chassis protector for the time being, anybody have a link to pre cut chassis protectors?
http://www.s1racing.net/accessory-wr...is-protectors/
Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
Hey guys,

First off, thanks to all of you who chimed in this morning mostly on page 102 of this thread, asking questions and wanting to try to help me out. I appreciate it.

First off, yes, I live in Orange County and am more or less in the heart / hub of RC racing land. I see and talk to Steven Hartson when I am out at OCRC; he's a way cool guy, and totally friendly. He answers my questions, comes to say what's up, etc. Kody, Wallnuts, and the other guys are around as well, but I don't see or talk to them as often. Unfortunately most of the AE team left earlier this week for the Cactus Classic race, so I'll have to wait until next week or so to get some more direct in person help.

To be clear: I have plenty of normal traction under all circumstances except the 180's.

Yes... tried my buddy's tires from his Serpent. Front. Rear. Both. His tires were a bit better, but it wasn't a huge difference in the hooking issue.

I'm running no drag brake at the moment, so the rear over rotating isn't from that setting. Good thinking though.

I unexpectedly ended up at OCRC today with my buddy to get some wrenching done on some of my older cars. Lead B5 engineer Bob Stellflue showed up, and we hit him up a bit for some ideas after trying to dial the car in more yesterday at LRH. Even at LRH with their high grip, the car still suffered the same same hooking issue on hairpins / 180's. Although we did make some progress by going to an even softer rear spring, and removing the 2mm washer from the rear inner ball studs.

Also spoke to another AE team driver, and it sounds like moving to a 78 spur so the motor can be pushed further back is what a lot of the guys are already doing, so I'll be trying that when I drive the car again Friday. It was also mentioned to be running oils 32/30 with a saddle, but 30/27 with a shorty.

As suggested, I think I might try laying the rear shocks down a little more to see if that helps as well.

Tropmonkey: I might be @ OCRC Friday. I'll find you to say hi. I usually hang with Kellen.

I'll report back this weekend to see if I got this hooking issue cleared up. That is my only issue with the car.

Thanks,
Jesse
Mine was doing the same thing. We have a hairpin at the end of our straightaway. I moved the rear hubs forward and it removed the hooking all together. Running the base setup besides that change and the car is leaps and bounds better, hope this helps.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks roundguy
Old 03-13-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by D.Martijn
So, anyone that drove this can on an outdoor track?

I'm still not sure what to buy, a B5 or a B5M..
Almost all the tracks in my country are astro or carpet. only my local track is hardpacked dirt (with a thin layer of dust in the summer) + there are some parts that are carpet/astro.

Any suggestions wich car would be the best?
Anyone??
Old 03-13-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

Anyone??
where will you be racing the most?
Old 03-13-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Anyone??
I saw a MM B5 running at out outdoor track last night. It was not very impressive. lacked rear bite. The car might end up being good down the road, but more often than not, we lack the traction for MM. IMO, if your uncertain, go RM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.