Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Nice
Old 02-25-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEBSD

tower has also updated to "late feb" not many days left in the shortest month this year either :P
Old 02-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEBSD

tower has also updated to "late feb" not many days left in the shortest month this year either :P
Nice, they should be shipping out in the next day or two then, suh-weet!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Nice, they should be shipping out in the next day or two then, suh-weet!
hope to get a notice of shipping tomorrow so i can stay up all night building it friday to race saturday hah
Old 02-25-2014, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

From what I've heard shipping on the b5m's got pushed back because they accidentally printed the b5 rear motor car on the back of the box so now they need to print stickers to cover the existing box. It will be interesting to see if my box has a sticker on one side of it...
Old 02-25-2014, 10:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Razathorn
The setup I posted should be pretty good there as well.
It was really, really good, Wayne. This car has prompted me to enter the mod class for the first time because it just seemed to not like a stock motor and its heavier. That and I just wanted to.

Driving mod for the first time kinda made me nervous and it showed. However the car felt great. No oversteer on or off power. My skills really didnt test it, so I handed it over to the fastest guy there. It was a beautiful thing watching it do what it was built to do - and he really liked it as well.

Great set up, Wayne. Should be posted on the front page for sure. At the least as a much better starting setup, but I think its pretty much the end all setup with only some really advanced tuners making subtle possible changes. I wont be changing a thing. Thank you.

---Took third in first mod race (should probably mention three laps down to the before mentioned racer that drove my car in practice though)
Old 02-25-2014, 10:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SilentHunter
From what I've heard shipping on the b5m's got pushed back because they accidentally printed the b5 rear motor car on the back of the box so now they need to print stickers to cover the existing box. It will be interesting to see if my box has a sticker on one side of it...
Bummer, I'm pretty sure those who are going to be getting a first batch car won't be too interested in looking at the box...
Old 02-25-2014, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Yes the guys who ran Reedy race are faster now than at the Reedy race.
I'm sure the track is better and they are also running whatever tire and sauce they want. I don't know how much difference that makes but it is not the same as the race. Hartson and the others are running Dirt Webs now instead of Barcodes.

Just a quick check shows fast laps at RR 19.2-19.3, Hartson can run 18.5-18.7 with his rear motor car. Others in mod class are running 19.0-19.2
Would be super cool to see what the guys can run with the mid-motor car on the same track compared to the RM
Old 02-25-2014, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yodace
Ne1 having problems with losing wheel pins? I lost 2 so far
No, how would you lose wheel pins? The hex holds them on and in.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Tower changed the date again.. lmao
Old 02-26-2014, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bsp
Well Im almost embarrassed to post this picture. I got to practice a little bit last Friday about 3 packs and in that time I bent a shock shaft and didn't realize it. Car actually felt good got my lap times pretty close to where I was at with my Centro. I know I took a couple hits from a rookie driving a sct but nothing out of the ordinary. My pistons I ordered came in toady so I was going to install them tell I found this.

Since I was running with it bent could it have damaged the shock body?

Seeing where the bend is you might want to double check everything from the arm mount to the wheel. That is a lot of deflection high up on the shaft. We can only assume it was the rookie sct but for humorous reasons I must include my other options: Wall, steel pool, street curb, car tire, freak accident dealing with material frequency/mitachlorians/sith force.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:15 AM
Tech Champion

If you get one of those you might want to seal it in a low uv/air density room and wait 15 years.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are there words to describe how little I care about the wrong sticker on the back of the box?

No...

Ship the mislabeled product to me.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BHammer002
It was really, really good, Wayne. This car has prompted me to enter the mod class for the first time because it just seemed to not like a stock motor and its heavier. That and I just wanted to.

Driving mod for the first time kinda made me nervous and it showed. However the car felt great. No oversteer on or off power. My skills really didnt test it, so I handed it over to the fastest guy there. It was a beautiful thing watching it do what it was built to do - and he really liked it as well.

Great set up, Wayne. Should be posted on the front page for sure. At the least as a much better starting setup, but I think its pretty much the end all setup with only some really advanced tuners making subtle possible changes. I wont be changing a thing. Thank you.

---Took third in first mod race (should probably mention three laps down to the before mentioned racer that drove my car in practice though)
Were you guys at Shawnee Raceway? I ran my B5 in practice on Sunday. I'm gonna practice again this Sunday, and Race Mod buggy the following week. A few weeks of practice are needed to clear the cobwebs after a 3 year break.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
Seeing where the bend is you might want to double check everything from the arm mount to the wheel. That is a lot of deflection high up on the shaft. We can only assume it was the rookie sct but for humorous reasons I must include my other options: Wall, steel pool, street curb, car tire, freak accident dealing with material frequency/mitachlorians/sith force.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.