Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JsK
You could have just said no and saved yourself the typing.
or... posted what I posted. ..
Old 02-20-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Typing isn't hard, lol
Old 02-20-2014, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Cherry, any testing been done with your teammates with the gullwing arms? ?
Old 02-20-2014, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Just finished the build. Liking it so far. Now I just need to install an esc and motor, toss some paint, and glue up some tires.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You guys are hilarious...

AE designed the car with nearly every tuning option in the box. Every insert, every option. The only options available Factory team are little ones that help in the tiny percentile marks. Not requirements...

Ae decided NOT TO CREATE and/or charge you for:
Front hub +3
Front hub +4
Front hub +2
Rear hub 0
Rear hub 0.5
Rear hub 1.0
Kick up bulkead 30

(and more)

Hell, they included the super cool Shorty foam spacer even...
--------------------

And you guys are talking about them wanting to sell batteries? Really?

After that tid-bit, You don't think the guys tried that setup on a prototype chassis? You don't think they've done everything in attempt to trump the RC10B4? The most winning chassis in history? Holy hell guys. They must have been puckering when they got the go ahead on the new design. If it ended up worse than the B4, they would never see another job in the industry... Think for 10 seconds.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Got some new ball cups today and reamed out the very ends with my body reamer and used a 7/64 drill bit (marked with masking tape for depth) to ream out the entire ball cup. Then installed with some FT TI turnbuckles and black greased the threads and now everything is golden. Too bad the process is kinda painful. Hopefully the HD ball cups will have a running change to have them start reamed out a bit more as they're really tight on the turnbuckles out of the box.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rob martin
Ready for the weekend..
(: (:

All i have to say is wow!! By far the best painted body I have seen in my op
Old 02-20-2014, 10:17 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You don't think the guys tried that setup on a prototype chassis?
Doubt it. That is so far "out of the box" tuning for a RM car I doubt they even considered it. Kinda like all the FT parts your talking about. But for people who don't even run on carpet getting all worked up because he cut up a chassis get over it I am sure AE will make more.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default b5 with saddle packs

trying this out after the shorty pack
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-dsc00201.jpg  
Old 02-21-2014, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chancejeff
All i have to say is wow!! By far the best painted body I have seen in my op
Thanks
look up ridgewaybodies.com for work if you need paint.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

Gotta love a good 'ol fashioned lipo battery debate on this thread!! Let's switch to some esc hatin' next!! Please chime in!!
Oh, btw--has anyone heard that Associated has a mid motor buggy coming out?!?!?!
Old 02-21-2014, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillPear
I wasn't there to see it but I am led to believe that Kody unleashed the B5m on the OC_RC modified club racers last night. With excellent results!
Good news...could indicate the wait is almost over.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC Shaun

AE designed the car with nearly every tuning option in the box. Every insert, every option. The only options available Factory team are little ones that help in the tiny percentile marks. Not requirements...

Ae decided NOT TO CREATE and/or charge you for:
Front hub +3
Front hub +4
Front hub +2
Rear hub 0
Rear hub 0.5
Rear hub 1.0
Kick up bulkead 30

(and more)

Hell, they included the super cool Shorty foam spacer even...
--------------------

After that tid-bit, You don't think the guys tried that setup on a prototype chassis? You don't think they've done everything in attempt to trump the RC10B4? The most winning chassis in history? Holy hell guys. They must have been puckering when they got the go ahead on the new design. If it ended up worse than the B4, they would never see another job in the industry... Think for 10 seconds.
LOL! +1

I think the kit is an enormous value relative to your other choices when you consider out of the box tuning options, durability, performance and price. For those considering purchasing, this is my experience:

The build was incredibly easy and the instructions did a great job of explaining the new tuning options.

My ball cups went on my ...gulp ... old B4.2 FT turnbuckles just fine with some black grease, and they don't pop off the studs when adjusted.

Cleaned and thread locked the front axles and they didn't fall off so far after 10 packs.

I had one 10mm ball stud come w/o threads. Emailed Nick at AE a picture and a receipt and in less than a week he sent a whole new package of ball studs to my front door. No questions/no problems. In the interim I just ran 4/40 ball studs in the chassis brace ... no problem.

With minimal tuning I had a decent setup on our high bite indoor track. It's 90% there after 10 packs. Turns hard and is stable, like a rear motor should, but somehow smoother, better jumping and more forgiving than what I remember about my B4.2.

Very little slop after 10 packs. A bit more slop up front in the adjustable trail inserts but nothing major, could always just glue the inserts in once your setup is dialed to eliminate the slop. The parts are so reasonably priced you could just have two additional steering block sets for different trail settings for the price some other companies charge for one.

My only nit with the kit is the little metal wrench for the 3mm shock nuts stripped instantly. I know you can't rely on kit tools for anything other than filling your trash can but right now (FT tool is coming I know) there aren't any options I am aware of other than what comes in the box unless you want shock nuts marred by needle nose pliers. Jus' saying I liked the tools that came with the B4.2 better.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nordfink
Just find it hard to believe that the only reason AE wouldn't have made it an option is to sell batteries...c'mon...
Originally Posted by SC Shaun
--

Think for 10 seconds?

I wouldn't go so far as saying it's the only reason but if you don't think the opportunity to sell proprietary products at a high price is a priority in product development then you are woefully niave.

They saw the shorty battery make a lot of $$ for Losi before the aftermarket came in and made it a standard.

Last edited by Davidka; 02-21-2014 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

WE IN HERE TALKING ABOUT PRACTICE?

BTW JC fins turnbuckles are dialed.

On a real note, I ran the 3mm front spindle without the 3mm ackerman and the car was great, but felt a little lazy getting in to precise turning. That may be why they run the extra 1mm shim on the ackerman, I didn't have any at my disposal. It would turn on a dime mid corner and exit, but "hesitated" getting to that point. Really not sure how to describe that any better, it still turned, and did not push, just wasn't as sharp as the mid to exit.

Still messing with the setup though, going to try a few things out here soon that will either be terrible, or great.

On another note I broke my first part, sorta. I caught a nail that holds a pipe in, and it pulled my front skid plate threw one of the screws...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.