Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

So a few 4wd's?
Old 01-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Seems silly...
Old 01-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trixter91
They are cheaper but they will be gone the first day they come out. Plus reedy is probably a better battery anyway.
Reedy is to RC what dye is to Paintball.

Overpriced for no other reason outside the fact they can. Their products are top notch but a great deal of other products are just as good at a fraction of the cost. I have Reedy cells and I have Venom cells and I have Trak Power and have also have some less expensive quality packs and the difference is negligible if at all noticeable. I prefer to spend money on wheels and tires.

Either way I have enough saddles that I can wait for others to produce their own brick cells.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bcholka
Here you go--NOTHING to do with inferior materials--read on.
Oh-and also-no need to be so aggressive with your "you guys are so full of crap" comments--everyone is just trying to learn from one another. I for one will take the "high road" here hoping that people like yourselves can too!!

http://pittables.blogspot.com/2012/1...-14-vs-12.html
The key here is that the plates hit the gear when they broke in. I have experimented with less than designed diff balls many times, in an effort to reduce spring pressure but diffs need to be broken in to work with any real amount of torque. Running less balls (hehe, ok grown up again) is an oooolllldddd pan car trick and nothing weird. Sometimes the diff spring (even new) is too weak to spread across so many balls (in a smoothness losing move) run 2 or 3 less and remove evenly around. I've been known to pull 4 out of 14 or 16.

The new gearbox looks fantastic. They say stronger plastic, one of my complaints with the 3 - 4 platform. Carbide diff balls in the kit -- great call. Durango gives you aluminum balls in the kit and they melt with a 7.5.

I hope the rings are keyed -- I get annoyed with having to ca them.

The reason you dump your 4.2 is easy -- this car looks fantastic -- they claim to have fixed all the things that sucked and were antiquated. The insert thing is just plain easy and smart, and the 5 positions in the rear is a nice touch. Finally, a new gearbox and proper metric hardware. The new slipper was great, leave it alone, the new turnbuckles and ball ends look great, the old AE ones (and the RPM equiv) were long overdue for an overhaul.

I'm willing to replace arms often in exchange for less weight, however it was a bit out of hand with the 4.2.

I have to say, it looks like they hit this one out of the park
Old 01-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonyWest
Has anyone explained why this car was not run at the worlds
I have it on solid authority that there is only one in existence. AE has been working on the RM for a couple of years but when they "Sugared" the track for the worlds they realized they needed a MM, hence the deal with Centro, but they shifted gears on B5 development from RM to MM, built as mostly clean slate which is why we have 2 different kits not one interchangeable one. I wont be surprised if the March delivery date slips.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Funny how things work out. A day or two after all the buzz started about this thing, I was on Amain about to buy the b4.2/centro kit then I found out about the B5m on AE's website. Glad I waited!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Guys.. lets not fill this thread to the brim with back and forth arguing about the pros, cons, advantages, or disadvantages of running MM vrs. RM. Lets discuss the car in question, which for this thread, is a REAR MOTOR B5. There are other threads already out there to simply argue to two general platforms.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nordfink
So a few 4wd's? Seems Silly...

Actually, it wouldn't fit most 4wd cars - they need the drivetrain to go between them. Many, many cars will take a saddle now, including all of the Losi 22's and most that do mid motor. It's a new idea an may or may not stick but it's cool that they are trying something new.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nordfink
what does the "square" fit in besides the b5?
I just put one in my C4.2 and SC10 4x4.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

The front and rear hubs use inserts, so what else would you expect the grub screw to push against? Also, keeps the inserts from falling out when working on the car. I am assuming they are not press fit in.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Adamska27
The key here is that the plates hit the gear when they broke in. I have experimented with less than designed diff balls many times, in an effort to reduce spring pressure but diffs need to be broken in to work with any real amount of torque. Running less balls (hehe, ok grown up again) is an oooolllldddd pan car trick and nothing weird. Sometimes the diff spring (even new) is too weak to spread across so many balls (in a smoothness losing move) run 2 or 3 less and remove evenly around. I've been known to pull 4 out of 14 or 16.

The new gearbox looks fantastic. They say stronger plastic, one of my complaints with the 3 - 4 platform. Carbide diff balls in the kit -- great call. Durango gives you aluminum balls in the kit and they melt with a 7.5.

I hope the rings are keyed -- I get annoyed with having to ca them.

The reason you dump your 4.2 is easy -- this car looks fantastic -- they claim to have fixed all the things that sucked and were antiquated. The insert thing is just plain easy and smart, and the 5 positions in the rear is a nice touch. Finally, a new gearbox and proper metric hardware. The new slipper was great, leave it alone, the new turnbuckles and ball ends look great, the old AE ones (and the RPM equiv) were long overdue for an overhaul.

I'm willing to replace arms often in exchange for less weight, however it was a bit out of hand with the 4.2.

I have to say, it looks like they hit this one out of the park
Very well explained!!!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

hows mid motor with a 17.5 be or is mid for mod racing
Old 01-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default gear diff ?

Is there someone who knows if the B4 gear diff will fit ?
Old 01-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Gear diff ?

Is there someone that can tell if the B4 geardiff will fit ?
Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

wonder if the current bulldog body will fit...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.