R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree16Likes

Old 08-08-2015, 10:50 AM   #14956
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttrak View Post
Here is a trick that works extremely well and will earn you plenty of answered questions from the guys at your local track.

On your next practice day or race day pick out one of the better drivers at your track, one that runs a car like your own. Try and pit real close to this person. Get all setup in your pit and make a call to the best local pizzeria that delivers, make it a large or extra large with the works. Once pizza arrives, you will have numerous folks drooling from most orifices, just offer a slice to any and all for some tech support on setting up and understanding your car. You will have plenty of folks offering their help
Hahahaha Thats the truth to! I have done that before years ago when I first started racing. Bought pizza for the whole track and man did people warm up fast lol!
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:08 AM   #14957
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslider View Post
Well there are two kits available the standard and the light and the light is advertised to the stock racers so it is a pretty honest question I had the same one before I got mine, they should just drop the regular b5m the light is a much better value and it would eliminate any confusion. you would only have the best option available a B5M light.
Jeff, I just looked at the press release and the box art. I see nothing about stock class racing. Where did you see this?
Old 08-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #14958
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
Jeff, I just looked at the press release and the box art. I see nothing about stock class racing. Where did you see this?
I think this is what he is talking about:

"This is the Team Associated B5M Factory "Lite" Mid-Motor 2WD Competition Electric Buggy Kit. Team Associated's RC10B5 and RC10B5M have been met with wild success by racers around the globe at both the club level and at major racing events. Always looking for a challenge, Team Associated's Area 51 engineers took it upon themselves to make the best RC10 to date even better! A version of the B5M that would optimize the platform to excel in classes requiring spec motors and for certain track conditions that allow the racer to take full advantage of the performance offered from reduced weight."

Proud To Represent: Fantom Racing - Schelle Racing - FastTraxx Hobbies
dbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #14959
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas PA View Post
Its ready to go out of the box. If your tractions really low, you may want a 4 gear. If your tractions really high, you may want a low rider. I'm a fan of carbon chassis as well. Less weight, better flex, never tweaks. But ultimately, its great out of the box
Yea I was wondering about the whole transmission thing. The track I plan on running on is high traction so the 3 gear should be fine. I also thought having a milled chassis might be detrimental in mod being that maybe you would want more weight down low. If Tommy, Spencer, Billy, and Bob, are all running lite kits in mod that it must work.

Thank you guys for your help.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #14960
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
that is all anyone talked about when first released on this car that it was going to be great for stock class due to being light.

cant say as though I ever saw an add or anywhere on the box that it is specifically designed for 17.5 but that is the perception that is out there, or at least the one I perceived
jslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #14961
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslider View Post
that is all anyone talked about when first released on this car that it was going to be great for stock class due to being light.

cant say as though I ever saw an add or anywhere on the box that it is specifically designed for 17.5 but that is the perception that is out there, or at least the one I perceived
Yes I perceived the same thing. The words spec motor and track conditions are why I asked about mod motors and high traction. I now know better. I well never think of the B5M Lite in the same way again. I feel i am now a better person and the world as a whole is a more beautiful place...Thank you Rc tech
Old 08-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #14962
Tech Addict

so I googled B5M light and up pops ae's website link to the b5m light in part of the description is this

RC10B5M Factory Lite

Team Associated's RC10B5 and RC10B5M have been met with wild success by racers around the globe at both the club level and at major racing events. Always looking for a challenge, Team Associated's Area 51 engineers took it upon themselves to make the best RC10 to date even better! A version of the B5M that would optimize the platform to excel in classes requiring spec motors and for certain track conditions that allow the racer to take full advantage of the performance offered from reduced weight.

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_a.../Factory_Lite/
Old 08-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #14963
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day..same post over and over.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:17 PM   #14964
Tech Addict

I think that most have seen that to buy a standard kit instead of the light kit at this point would be the wrong way to go which begs the question why even have the standard kit unless there is a reason that I am not seeing, and believe me I miss a lot -- lol

by the way ran with wildcats set up in the first race with my b5m and loved the way it drove I had all but given up on 2wd buggies I had had the Losi and the team c and just couldn't get them to feel comfortable, less than 2 battery packs with the b5m light with Leigh making a few adjustments and I was feeling great. I cant wait to race it again we are starting a points series soon at srs and w3 and my only decision is to go 17.5 or mod there is no dought that I am liking this car.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:20 PM   #14965
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
cause am not reading thru all these pages lol, and I am at work sitting at a desk doing nothing and not getting paid for my time so am on the internet playing and found a place to type lol
Old 08-08-2015, 12:57 PM   #14966
fmm
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,

I am racing on a high grip carpet track and I was wondering if there any rumors or "evidences" of AE releasing the low CG tranny, new rear shock towers and rear hubs used by the factory drivers at the warm up of the worlds.

Does anybody know if all this parts will be release soon? Or if they will be only used by the factory drivers at the worlds and will never hit the stores?

Thank you in advance
fmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:01 PM   #14967
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Lol
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:44 PM   #14968
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I dont even stock the Regular kit in my shop anymore, and had to sell the last one at a deep discount just to move it.

For most people you need to add the B5 arms and front tower to the old kit unless you run some strange track conditions, and need to change the turnbuckles and rear camber link mount right off the bat for durability.

Almost all the AE drivers are running 3-gear unless they are on a really low traction track, and are pretty much all on the lite chassis with cut chassis braces as well.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:33 PM   #14969
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 488 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash View Post
I dont even stock the Regular kit in my shop anymore, and had to sell the last one at a deep discount just to move it.

For most people you need to add the B5 arms and front tower to the old kit unless you run some strange track conditions, and need to change the turnbuckles and rear camber link mount right off the bat for durability.

Almost all the AE drivers are running 3-gear unless they are on a really low traction track, and are pretty much all on the lite chassis with cut chassis braces as well.
I know a few pros and not a single one runs a 4 gear. We've been running our track wet and I've considered trying a 4 gear car for the heck of it. I think that I liked the 4 gear feel better but maybe that's nostalgia. Its been while. The Kyosho guys seem to have better grip when the traction is low.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:57 PM   #14970
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I put the 4 gear back in my car when I switched to mod as it seemed to tame the acceleration and make the car more drivable out of the corners especially outdoors. Indoors I could go either way both options have their advantages