R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 07-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #14551
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslider View Post
Hey all, I have been thinking of picking up a B5M, and normally I am the kind that is going to look for the good deal on a used purchase but the used ones that I see for sale are running as much if not more than I can pick up a new light version for brand new i understand that there are upgrades on these cars but still the prices seem high for a used car. I am thinking there is little to do on the B5M light out of the box it is great for 17.5 but am i better off one way or another.

thanks for the input.
and the new one i am pondering is at Amain comes with a slingshot 17.5 for free so that would be a bonus as well
The B5m light is awesome right out of the box. I can't think of anything the car HAS to have to be competitive on the track. It's ready to go right out of the box.

Having said that, my B5m is anything BUT stock!
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-b5m.jpg  
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:10 PM   #14552
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslider View Post
Hey all, I have been thinking of picking up a B5M, and normally I am the kind that is going to look for the good deal on a used purchase but the used ones that I see for sale are running as much if not more than I can pick up a new light version for brand new i understand that there are upgrades on these cars but still the prices seem high for a used car. I am thinking there is little to do on the B5M light out of the box it is great for 17.5 but am i better off one way or another.

thanks for the input.
and the new one i am pondering is at Amain comes with a slingshot 17.5 for free so that would be a bonus as well
The B5M lite out of the box is perfect for 17.5. The build is easy, just recommend taking your time and making sure everything is free and smooth.
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #14553
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So is the lite going to be a good candidate for going into mod class as well, not that I ever plan to have the talent to control mod but,,, you know, just saying -- maybe
jslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:50 PM   #14554
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
The B5m light is awesome right out of the box. I can't think of anything the car HAS to have to be competitive on the track. It's ready to go right out of the box.

Having said that, my B5m is anything BUT stock!
very nice build brandon! are you using an eliminator and screwing on from behind so you can use locknuts to hold spur down? if so, very nice and crafty. might have to do that too if screwhead doesnt rub the motorplate on the kyosho
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #14555
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Whats the purpose of the slipper eliminator? I have seen that a bit and wonder what the benefits of it are
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #14556
Tech Initiate

Anyone else having this same issue...?

I have a Schelle carbon battery strap, and once in a while during a race it will come unhinged at the waterfall. I shove the strap all the way in and screw it down pretty tight but the same thing will happen.

Thanks
16right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:22 PM   #14557
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenng View Post
very nice build brandon! are you using an eliminator and screwing on from behind so you can use locknuts to hold spur down? if so, very nice and crafty. might have to do that too if screwhead doesnt rub the motorplate on the kyosho
The reason I am using the 3 screws + lock nuts, is because that particular exotek eliminator came with the threads missing from the piece (manufacturing defect). I used counter sunk screws from the rear, and they clear the motor plate just fine.... then lock down from the front.

And thanks! It sure looks good on the table. Lets see how the carbon car drives this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy699 View Post
Whats the purpose of the slipper eliminator? I have seen that a bit and wonder what the benefits of it are
Less rotational mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16right View Post
Anyone else having this same issue...?

I have a Schelle carbon battery strap, and once in a while during a race it will come unhinged at the waterfall. I shove the strap all the way in and screw it down pretty tight but the same thing will happen.
Thanks
I have been running the schelle strap in my T5m for a couple months... never seen this happen. My current B5m build is running one now, with the carbon chassis.... and if any car is going to be prone to this problem, it will be mine. I will let you know if I see any issues.
- RCSpecialties -
Old 07-17-2015, 08:42 PM   #14558
Tee
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
The reason I am using the 3 screws + lock nuts, is because that particular exotek eliminator came with the threads missing from the piece (manufacturing defect). I used counter sunk screws from the rear, and they clear the motor plate just fine.... then lock down from the front.

And thanks! It sure looks good on the table. Lets see how the carbon car drives this weekend.

Less rotational mass

I have been running the schelle strap in my T5m for a couple months... never seen this happen. My current B5m build is running one now, with the carbon chassis.... and if any car is going to be prone to this problem, it will be mine. I will let you know if I see any issues.
It seems pointless that the screw(s) on the battery strap extend beyond the nuts, since they don't touch the battery pack. Just saying.
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:51 PM   #14559
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Bumper

I know this is a lame question. But, I am new to racing and also have a 7yr old who will eventually try to drive my B5m. Is there a front bumper that will decently protect the a arms? If so, what is the impact on driving/jumping, etc and where can I find a decent one. Thank in advance
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:11 AM   #14560
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
It seems pointless that the screw(s) on the battery strap extend beyond the nuts, since they don't touch the battery pack. Just saying.
http://www.schelleracing.com/index.p...mation/contact
- RCSpecialties -
Old 07-18-2015, 12:13 AM   #14561
Super Moderator

I think maybe there isn't enough B5m pron on this thread lately, so let me share my rebuild. Carbon chassis build is complete along with new wiring. New paint is up next. Here is how the chassis layout ended up.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-b5m1.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-b5m2.jpg  
- RCSpecialties -
Old 07-18-2015, 04:47 AM   #14562
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default SO FRESH & SO CLEAN CLEAN

Quote:
I think maybe there isn't enough B5m pron on this thread lately, so let me share my rebuild. Carbon chassis build is complete along with new wiring. New paint is up next. Here is how the chassis layout ended up.
Looks good man. Not sure you made the right tire choice though
On a serious note,what type of surface you run on?
Old 07-18-2015, 06:42 AM   #14563
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Did you sand and seal the carbon fiber?
Mantis Toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:01 AM   #14564
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
The reason this was done is bc Kurt and a lot of guys are using ball cups instead of the lock nut so it doesn't damage the battery and the old screws were to short couldn't get the ball cup tight enough to hold the battery

Proud To Represent: Fantom Racing - Schelle Racing - FastTraxx Hobbies
dbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:50 PM   #14565
Tech Rookie

What carbon chassis is that?
Anytime72 is offline   Reply With Quote