R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 07-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #14521
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Have him submitt an outdoor set up sheet I'm collecting a group to try and help me my indoor track closed
Mac126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:01 PM   #14522
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
ahem. I'll just leave this here: (not the worlds... but a non home-track-advantage at a different track in a different state)

http://www.redrc.net/2015/07/jconcep...ts/#more-99298

JConcepts Summer INS Final results
2WD Modified A-final result:
1. Micahel Schoettler
2. Tommy Hinz
3. Spencer Rivkin
4. Nathan Bernal
5. Brent Thielke
6. Tanner Day
7. Cj Jelin
8. Eddie Bernal
9. John Walentia
10.Derek Stephansen
11.Ryan Matesa

Interesting.. just realized that 4 of these guys in the top list here are my locals. Way to represent fellas! The B5m once again on top in all 3 podium spots. Look at that podium picture? An awful lot of B5ms
Yeah and where was he in 4wd? Rivkin was the captain of the fail boat in 2wd. Schoetller had nothing for Rivkin in qualifying (which ultimately doesn't matter).

Like I asked before, why didn't Michael go to Reedy?
Mantis Toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #14523
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Why does popcorn pop? Maybe he had family obligations for the Reedy. Let's congratulate him on this win and move on. He proved the previous win wasn't a fluke. Cav can't win them all......
Old 07-15-2015, 04:36 PM   #14524
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
Yeah and where was he in 4wd? Rivkin was the captain of the fail boat in 2wd. Schoetller had nothing for Rivkin in qualifying (which ultimately doesn't matter).

Like I asked before, why didn't Michael go to Reedy?
He came in 2nd. Reedy? Not sure... i think he was competing in a tennis tourney. Not sure why you're filled with all the hate. Was just giving a thumbs up to a fast guy winning at the top level with a B5m. Relax.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:01 PM   #14525
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Why does popcorn pop? Maybe he had family obligations for the Reedy. Let's congratulate him on this win and move on. He proved the previous win wasn't a fluke. Cav can't win them all......
The point I'm making is that there are guys that are 100% non travel guys all over the country that are just as fast as Michael. If he wins the Reedy race open class then he is obviously the fastest guy that doesn't get paid to do this. Michael hasn't won the Reedy race so making a bunch of fuss over him is all for not. Plus most of the really fast guys were at the E1/8 nats. Michael is fast, but he isn't the fastest. Guys from the PNW think they are the fastest in the country, but there are fast guys everywhere. Again I'd like to see how Michael would do when he's jet lagged from flying half way around the world.
Mantis Toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:25 PM   #14526
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Quote:
The point I'm making is that there are guys that are 100% non travel guys all over the country that are just as fast as Michael. If he wins the Reedy race open class then he is obviously the fastest guy that doesn't get paid to do this. Michael hasn't won the Reedy race so making a bunch of fuss over him is all for not. Plus most of the really fast guys were at the E1/8 nats. Michael is fast, but he isn't the fastest. Guys from the PNW think they are the fastest in the country, but there are fast guys everywhere. Again I'd like to see how Michael would do when he's jet lagged from flying half way around the world.
Spencer won open at reedy....all the super fast guys were in invite. It's still an awesome feat regardless but the way you are typing the kid won the universe. Oh and he flew in from AZ....no jet lag as they are the same time zone.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:27 PM   #14527
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Lets not get too technical here, we could analyise this to death but we wouldnt end up in a better place only more disagreements.

Congratulations to him he must be stoked right now, Im sure its given him allot of confidence and time will tell where he sits in the grand scheme of things. The great thing about sport is that at the end of the day talk is cheap, there is nowehere to hide and your results speak for themselves...

As a side note does anyone have any idea what kind of salary and bonus package the pros are paid? Ive always wondered...

"The person saying it cannot be done should stop interrupting the person doing it"
Nat Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #14528
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I just took my b5m lite on its maiden voyage. Running a d4 17.5 short stack and was geared 31/69 coming off around 165 ish. I'm coming from an rb6 that was roughly the same weight. The 31t pinion was about as small a pinion as i get on there or is it possible i was just that undergeared? The short stack usually requires hearing down a couple teeth on the pinion which is why i dropped down a couple of teeth from what others are using. Any advice
dpcardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #14529
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

That sounds about right, and that temperature isn't terrible. It's a little warm but not bad. How big is you track? Maybe try going to a 30 (it should fit)
3srcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:24 PM   #14530
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3srcracing View Post
That sounds about right, and that temperature isn't terrible. It's a little warm but not bad. How big is you track? Maybe try going to a 30 (it should fit)
With the Kimbrough 69t spur and a 30t pinion the gear mesh is too loose and i can't move the motor any further. Thinking about running a 72t spur
dpcardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:47 PM   #14531
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
This is pure straw man's argument. Nobody anywhere said that the PNW guys are the fastest... Nobody said there aren't other super fast guys all over the country. I'm not quite sure what you heck you're talking about... This was just a post to congratulate AE guys taking all the top honors in their B5ms, specifically the top spot. Just so happens he's a guy I race with every week, so I was giving him some personal props for making the news with such an awesome win. That's it.

You seem to be taking it another way, and seem to perhaps have some other baggage... unpack that crap somewhere else.

Back to the B5m. (you know... the one that just won at Jconcepts)
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:40 PM   #14532
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
This is pure straw man's argument. Nobody anywhere said that the PNW guys are the fastest... Nobody said there aren't other super fast guys all over the country. I'm not quite sure what you heck you're talking about... This was just a post to congratulate AE guys taking all the top honors in their B5ms, specifically the top spot. Just so happens he's a guy I race with every week, so I was giving him some personal props for making the news with such an awesome win. That's it.

You seem to be taking it another way, and seem to perhaps have some other baggage... unpack that crap somewhere else.

Back to the B5m. (you know... the one that just won at Jconcepts)
Well said
Old 07-16-2015, 02:53 AM   #14533
RCW
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcardoza View Post
With the Kimbrough 69t spur and a 30t pinion the gear mesh is too loose and i can't move the motor any further. Thinking about running a 72t spur
I run 29/ 72, 30/72 depending on the track. Speed and mesh are good and temps are in the 120's.
RCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:34 AM   #14534
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I'm interested to try the brass front bulkhead. Is that designed more for carpet? Has any one tried it?
Old 07-16-2015, 11:12 AM   #14535
R3B
Tech Rookie

the postman brought me the new Jconcepts 4 hole rear ball stud mount in color black!!
I must be the first person to have it here in Portugal. Hehe
Can't post pics...
R3B is offline   Reply With Quote