Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Thank you... Is the wing paintable? Seems most people leave it clear!
Sure, you can paint it if you like. Same material as the chassis body.

It is odd...most in the states don't paint the wing, or they'll scuff it mily white, while I'll see european drivers sometime paint the wing one of their scheme colors.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
Sure, you can paint it if you like. Same material as the chassis body.

It is odd...most in the states don't paint the wing, or they'll scuff it mily white, while I'll see european drivers sometime paint the wing one of their scheme colors.
Thank you... it looked like polycarbonate, but wasn't 100% sure. After 14 years or so of nitro on-road racing it is time for a change and I think i found it without breaking the bank
Old 07-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

I am currently running a painted wing for my scheme. i need to buy them 5 at a time with the way my luck goes on flips lol
Old 07-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Never liked how tall the side pods are on the Finnisher so I slammed it. Also like the back sitting level with the top of the tranny. I think I might make my own and combine the Finnisher and Silencer by maybe adding some downforce in the back of the side pods.
The Serpent Kit body is kind of like a Finnisher and Silencer combined. It's actually really nice and performs very wellon the Serpent. I would love to try something like that on a B5m.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (98%+)

painted wings are not roar legal if i remember right.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by ashxxx
What ????

Painted wings are legal.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ashxxx
Not certain that is the case...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ROAR+rules
Old 07-06-2015, 05:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Aluminum servo arms

Hey all, wondering what aluminum servo arms fit the b5m while keeping the same geometry as the stock plastic ones. Running 23t servo now. Also what are your opinions on stock plastic vs. aluminum. Any input would be great. Thanks
Old 07-06-2015, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

There is nothing in the ROAR or IFMAR rules saying off-road wings can not be painted. Once advertising took over r/c racing that rule went buh-bye.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justin payne
Hey all, wondering what aluminum servo arms fit the b5m while keeping the same geometry as the stock plastic ones. Running 23t servo now. Also what are your opinions on stock plastic vs. aluminum. Any input would be great. Thanks
A plastic servo horn works as a servo saver...an aluminum one works as a servo destroyer.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

We didn't race this weekend due to the holiday but I had a great run on our thursday night program putting it to some of the locally sponsored guys with my pig of a b5m. Taking the lead from 3rd place on the grid after the top 2 decided to bobble on the first lap. I held on to the lead for a couple of laps then clipped a pipe flipping over. Fortunately the other guy lost it again and I went on by trying to stay clean while everyone tried pushing harder with some gains and some losses. With less than 2 minutes to go I made another big error having to be marshaled. I believe it dropped me to 3rd but on the same lap at the top of "Mount Panorama" both 1st and 2nd wrecked and I cruised on by so the results don't show me falling so far. Knowing I had a little bit of a cushion I backed off the last 2 laps and kept it clean to bring home the Senna driven McLaren-Honda inspired livery. We had a blast talking while racing. Here's a far-from-the-truth representation of the ceremonies afteward.

other things to note:
our traction is probably closer to good carpet traction so I've gone back to MM rear arms running wheelbase in middle. ride height down between 21-22. Went back to stock front link after being at longer link for much of the last year and ended up picking up about 0.8 average. I think this is mostly due to other setup changes between original build and current setup. rear roll center is 0 on stock rear mount.
I will try to post a full setup sheet for petitrc within a couple of days.

Last edited by Mason; 07-06-2015 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justin payne
I use the TLR aluminum horn, the offset it pretty much perfect

Originally Posted by bilster44
A plastic servo horn works as a servo saver...an aluminum one works as a servo destroyer.
Depends on if you have a crappy servo or not, Been running an aluminum horn on a Protek 130ss for over a year without any issues.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dstreelm
I use the TLR aluminum horn, the offset it pretty much perfect

Depends on if you have a crappy servo or not, Been running an aluminum horn on a Protek 130ss for over a year without any issues.
What it really depends on is how hard a car gets blasted on it's front wheels from the side of the car.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The new JC rear camber brace is cool, but it really bugs me that they say the optional "half hole" holes are for tuning camber gain. Changing the link location laterally at the inside will certainly change camber gain, but it has a far greater effect on roll center across the entire suspension action.

The further out the inside link mounts, the less the car will roll as it rolls—i.e. it changes the progression of the roll to be less linear and more exponentially resistant to roll. The height of the inside link really changes the "starting mechanical advantage" or how much roll the car has at low speed operations, and the lateral direction of the inside mount really changes how much the car "keeps rolling" under high speed operation.

The outside link at the rear hub is really the ideal place to tune camber gain because it barely affects roll center during suspension action by moving it laterally (it certainly affects roll center when moving up and down). The kit hub and FT hubs already allow for an a/b half hole change in camber gain.

The new JC brace is actually really damn cool, since having those half holes in roll center tuning is really a great thing on the b5m since it's so sensitive to that setting, so the part is trick no matter what.

Wayne
Old 07-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bilster44
AGREED.

I snapped mine the other day by clipping a pipe at high speed. So thankful i didn't have an aluminum servo horn!!! Would have been a $100 aud replacement instead of a $2 one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.