R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree10Likes

Old 06-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #14221
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
http://youtu.be/xovMJMfez8I

It's a circus type tent we bought from a local events company, 130'x80' I think. It takes about a half dozen guys to put it up and take it down each season. You need a skid-steer as well to put up the main posts in the middle. There are a few tricks to getting it up and down safely, and some muscle power is needed, but it is well worth it!

We are having our big race in late July, it's on rcsignup. We have hosted Lee Martin and Tom Cockerill from the UK in recent years as well as we're lucky to have annual returnees Mike Schoettler, Mikey Brown, Toddie Anderson, Matt Olsen and Keven Hebert, I think I heard that Reno Savoya's coming as well, plus there are usually a few more surprise guests who make the trip up our way. It's all held at a 'club' sized airport for small planes, next to the Canadian Air Museum, all here in Ottawa.
Having raced on your track for several years at the nationals. I always think that it has high grip. The fact that you can run electrons or ions is a good indication of grip. Plus it is moist during the whole event. I can't say if billy keeps the track that moist during your club races but the best would be to try out both the 3 and 4 gear and see which you like best. 3 gear runs flatter with less weight transfer, while the 4 gear has more weight transfer. It also has more grip as they stated in earlier posts.
Having run the durango before I tried both the 3 and 4 gear variants. For myself, I kinda like the less weight transfer better. Some of my team mates hated it though. But, It really depends on how you drive as well. Also you can't twist or scrub or do flight control as easily in the air with 3 gear.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:20 PM   #14222
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What is the LCG tranny suppose to do?

And has anyone tried the LCG thats on Shapeways?
3srcracing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:15 PM   #14223
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
Got a hold of SLRC. Emailed him through Facebook. All I can say is that if you think the Lite is awesome out of the box, you should try it with an SLRC chassis. It is not a milled stock chassis. Its a whole different chassis, made from a different aluminum, that is much higher quality than a mass produced stocker. I bought a car that had one installed already and now I've ordered one for each of my B5Ms and T5M. You can really feel the difference. They are really incredible. Best single product that I've bought lately.
I got ahold of him on Sunday on FB and just finished installing it an hour ago. For those who really care its about 21 grams lighter than the regular B5M chassis but like everyone has said its different aluminum. From what i googled its a bit softer which is what i assuming makes it work so well. Ill give it a go on Saturday running 13.5 at SDRC.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:23 PM   #14224
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_D View Post
Looking forward to trading paint with you with a similar car.
Oh man. Good to hear. The triple a race weekend will probably be my first trip to sids this year. Look forward to seeing another AE ride out there.

Mugen Seiki/Yokomo Usa/Protek/Amain/R1 Wurks/Flashpoint/KW Raceway
robbie_gtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:41 PM   #14225
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to mschumi101

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3srcracing View Post
What is the LCG tranny suppose to do?

And has anyone tried the LCG thats on Shapeways?
It's for carpet and astro racing. It lowers the cg and can help the car handle better on those surfaces. It's pretty much copying the Yokomo yz2 released for the worlds this year.
-Ted
mschumi101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:01 PM   #14226
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
I got ahold of him on Sunday on FB and just finished installing it an hour ago. For those who really care its about 21 grams lighter than the regular B5M chassis but like everyone has said its different aluminum. From what i googled its a bit softer which is what i assuming makes it work so well. Ill give it a go on Saturday running 13.5 at SDRC.
I love my SLRC chassis and I have had it about 10 months.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:38 AM   #14227
Tech Rookie

Default b5 rear arms on a b5m

Just looking for some input on why guys are doing this and what I can expect to be different from stock. Oh and right arm on the left side and left arm on the right
Old 06-18-2015, 06:40 AM   #14228
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Tani View Post
Just looking for some input on why guys are doing this and what I can expect to be different from stock. Oh and right arm on the left side and left arm on the right
I invite you to read through the first page. It will answer most of your questions.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #14229
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If all your car wants to do is wheelie (with brass front bulkhead) is the only thing you can really do is loosen the slipper until you can barely clear the jumps?

Carpet racing w/ 7.5, or should I just turn epa down?
3srcracing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #14230
Tech Elite

Quote:
If all your car wants to do is wheelie (with brass front bulkhead) is the only thing you can really do is loosen the slipper until you can barely clear the jumps?

we really need to know your full setup. Chances are a 7.5 may be too much without some serious finger control or a lot of negative exponential.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:20 PM   #14231
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

You want to run the longest wheelbase possible this includes putting the b5m rear arms back on if you removed them for the b5r arms. Also thicker shock fluids for carpet to slow down weight transfer.
frankf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #14232
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

Cooper, just as Mason said, a 7.5 is a lot of motor and it takes a lot of skill to drive a car with that much power. Even on high grip surfaces, where it is easier to lay down that kind of power, you still have to have the control. There are lots of things you can do to mellow out the power, and lowering the EPA is not one of them. That is why speed controls have so many settings.

Gearing, motor timing, and the massive amount of settings you can change in the ESC are all correct changes you can make to mellow the throttle response of a 7.5. That said, if you make too many adjustments it can make the throttle feel weird, and make your car inconsistent. Ultimately, if a 7.5 is too much for you to handle, try a slower motor. All the power does you no good if you can't control your car.
Mantis Toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:59 PM   #14233
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just got a hold of the wider c-block rear arm mount. gonna install it tonite and race it tomorrow. got the hexes to go with it too. looking forward to see the differences if any. so far every setup change i've made has been in the positive direction. i've taken 2 seconds off my best time in the last two races.
mel_russ615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:56 AM   #14234
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wrong thread sorry
Old 06-20-2015, 05:55 AM   #14235
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel_russ615 View Post
just got a hold of the wider c-block rear arm mount. gonna install it tonite and race it tomorrow. got the hexes to go with it too. looking forward to see the differences if any. so far every setup change i've made has been in the positive direction. i've taken 2 seconds off my best time in the last two races.
nice job