R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree10Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2015, 02:11 PM   #14101
Tech Master
 
BRSracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Blue Springs MO
Posts: 1,571
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

The worlds warm up track looked boring, and left me even more uninterested in the worlds race this year. Did TLR go to the worlds? I did not see any of their drivers in the results I seen. Offroad should be on dirt in my opinion. Much more interested in the ROAR nats over the worlds.
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:02 PM   #14102
Tech Champion
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,137
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know how to get more steering off and on power with the b5m lite. Running the correct tires for the track, the regular b5m's and of course my serpent car have way more steering
__________________
K.C. Guy. Team Xray - rc america
tony montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:22 PM   #14103
Tech Regular
 
crazy nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Germansville , PA
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default


For those of you not on b5nation fb page ��
__________________
Rcjuice.com
Hobbystar
"I use the tears of the people I hack to sauce my tires!"

- Chris Kline
crazy nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:38 PM   #14104
Tech Elite
 
Jake S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Erie PA
Posts: 4,607
Trader Rating: 66 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jake S Send a message via MSN to Jake S
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSracing View Post
The worlds warm up track looked boring, and left me even more uninterested in the worlds race this year. Did TLR go to the worlds? I did not see any of their drivers in the results I seen. Offroad should be on dirt in my opinion. Much more interested in the ROAR nats over the worlds.
it was the japan racing organization's choice to make this layout tame... scotty said on live rc that the worlds layout will have many more jumps.



tlr didnt send any drivers for the warmup race... but jconcepts page shows maifield arriving.
__________________
VooDoo Racing Cells | Flying Farmer RC | Trackside Hobby | Prochko Paintz | RG1
Jake S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:20 PM   #14105
Tech Addict
 
KAWIDAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oviedo, Fl
Posts: 626
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
Anyone know how to get more steering off and on power with the b5m lite. Running the correct tires for the track, the regular b5m's and of course my serpent car have way more steering
Searching for more on power steering myself(w/lite). Just threw on the gullwing arms and tower,hoping that will help. Should be able to make some laps with it wed.
__________________
"The successful warrior is the average man, with laser like focus"-Bruce Lee
"A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, im afraid of widths"
KAWIDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:38 PM   #14106
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,975
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSracing View Post
The worlds warm up track looked boring, and left me even more uninterested in the worlds race this year. Did TLR go to the worlds? I did not see any of their drivers in the results I seen. Offroad should be on dirt in my opinion. Much more interested in the ROAR nats over the worlds.
I could have placed on that layout.....lol
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:03 PM   #14107
3de
Tech Apprentice
 
3de's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Santa Cruz, Ca.
Posts: 99
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy nick View Post

For those of you not on b5nation fb page ��
Love it!
__________________
I would like to thank my sponsors.. My wallet.
3de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:33 PM   #14108
Tech Regular
 
crazy nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Germansville , PA
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3de View Post
Love it!
Thanks
__________________
Rcjuice.com
Hobbystar
"I use the tears of the people I hack to sauce my tires!"

- Chris Kline
crazy nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:07 PM   #14109
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 25
Default What Should I Get for B5M

Hey guys im wondering what I should get the Schelle nova slipper clutch or the MIP Pucks drive system. I can only get one at the moment so I wondering what the better choice would be for mod buggy.
Aaron33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #14110
Tech Master
 
DoogieLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Alfred, FL
Posts: 1,361
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

For mod, the slipper.
Pucks are mainly for stock guys.
__________________
Kevin 'Doogie' Lee
--------------------------
\m/ SCTE 3.0*XB8e\m/
Qualifiers are just organized practice...
DoogieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:55 PM   #14111
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 398
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWIDAD View Post
Searching for more on power steering myself(w/lite). Just threw on the gullwing arms and tower,hoping that will help. Should be able to make some laps with it wed.
Add 1mm spacer to frt shocks. Or if you have room to thread eyelet on 1mm for further for less droop in front.
robbie_gtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:14 PM   #14112
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 398
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loloscorsa View Post
Hey guys, my local circuit has loose soil with low grip, I wonder if the b5m work well or if the ideal car for this area would be a b5 (rear).


Thank you!

Local track just had its first outdoor race of the season. It was loose. Very loose actually as it was the first race on the layout. I tq'd with my B5M. Unfortunatley after a mishap on the first lap by a couple guys behind me I was dropped to last. Worked my way back up to 4th but was too far back by then to run down the leader. Frankly was frustrated and over driving trying to catch back up.

Anyways... to answer your question. If you have experience with MM then it can be made to be just as fast and faster then a rm in loose.

Outdoors picking the right tires is the most important part of your setup by far.

If you don't have experience with MM it can be a daunting task to get the setup just right outdoors as conditions are changing all the time compared to most indoor tracks.

I will try and attach a link to a video for this track. Give you an idea of how loose it was.

https://youtu.be/Hjjj4s_r8QQ
robbie_gtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:17 PM   #14113
Tech Addict
 
KAWIDAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oviedo, Fl
Posts: 626
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie_gtc View Post
Add 1mm spacer to frt shocks. Or if you have room to thread eyelet on 1mm for further for less droop in front.
Are you recommending this with the switch of front arms or just in general for steering?
__________________
"The successful warrior is the average man, with laser like focus"-Bruce Lee
"A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, im afraid of widths"
KAWIDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:48 PM   #14114
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 398
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWIDAD View Post
Are you recommending this with the switch of front arms or just in general for steering?
One change at a time. Also, unless you race somewhere where the traction is always the exact same, you should not make changes away from the track. Its best to run the car, then make the change and run it again.
Mantis Toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:16 PM   #14115
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,988
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie_gtc View Post
Local track just had its first outdoor race of the season. It was loose. Very loose actually as it was the first race on the layout. I tq'd with my B5M. Unfortunatley after a mishap on the first lap by a couple guys behind me I was dropped to last. Worked my way back up to 4th but was too far back by then to run down the leader. Frankly was frustrated and over driving trying to catch back up.

Anyways... to answer your question. If you have experience with MM then it can be made to be just as fast and faster then a rm in loose.

Outdoors picking the right tires is the most important part of your setup by far.

If you don't have experience with MM it can be a daunting task to get the setup just right outdoors as conditions are changing all the time compared to most indoor tracks.

It will try and attach a link to a video for this track. Give you an idea of how loose it was.

https://youtu.be/Hjjj4s_r8QQ
ummmmm... yeah... How many of those were MM. And honestly, most of those cars looks terrible. I could just be that blown out dusty track. I feel like I am watching 80s racing, lo..
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (1 members and 4 guests)
TC5Driven
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net