R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 06-06-2015, 12:15 PM   #14086
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
Do most people run blinky with a mod motor and gear up if needed etc? Or do you use any esc timing? Thanks. I have a 8.5 geared 23/78 in blinky and seems to go good. Just wondering what most people tend to run. Thanks.
blinky
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:16 PM   #14087
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
Do most people run blinky with a mod motor and gear up if needed etc? Or do you use any esc timing? Thanks. I have a 8.5 geared 23/78 in blinky and seems to go good. Just wondering what most people tend to run. Thanks.
I run my Mod car in blinky as well. Novak GTB3/8.5 24/78. Always turning down my radio so I can drive it. ;p
KrAcOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:49 PM   #14088
Tech Apprentice

Hi all, just wanted to follow up as promised, managed to hit the track for an hour this morning after all the changes, car is running a lot better and feels planted. Now just need more track time to shake off the rust and learn my race craft again.

17.5T motor came off the track at around 40c/104f after around 10 minutes of running.

Feel I might need stiffer springs and heavier shock oil as I bottomed out on a couple of jumps.
bizarrefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:15 PM   #14089
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarrefish View Post
Hi all, just wanted to follow up as promised, managed to hit the track for an hour this morning after all the changes, car is running a lot better and feels planted. Now just need more track time to shake off the rust and learn my race craft again.

17.5T motor came off the track at around 40c/104f after around 10 minutes of running.

Feel I might need stiffer springs and heavier shock oil as I bottomed out on a couple of jumps.
What gearing were you at?

As for setup, you're fairly close with the stock setup. I would check out either Kody or Spencer's setup from the stock nationals that were just held there. This will leave setup out of the equation for you.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #14090
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thanks guys
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:52 PM   #14091
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
What gearing were you at?

As for setup, you're fairly close with the stock setup. I would check out either Kody or Spencer's setup from the stock nationals that were just held there. This will leave setup out of the equation for you.
I had to use 30x69 as my 72 spur had not arrived in time, it's why I was careful with the running today. The motor was warm to the touch and measured between 100 and 115.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:27 PM   #14092
3de
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasHB View Post
Anyone making a better plastic puck than the oranges? Feel like I have to change my pucks after every 3 rounds of racing in mod with an 8.5. They really don't hold up at all for mod.
Okay, so shiny it is I guess.. And then sounds like the pucks need a little grease?
Old 06-07-2015, 07:28 AM   #14093
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, my local circuit has loose soil with low grip, I wonder if the b5m work well or if the ideal car for this area would be a b5 (rear).

Thank you!
Old 06-07-2015, 07:43 AM   #14094
Suspended

Quote:
I had to use 30x69 as my 72 spur had not arrived in time, it's why I was careful with the running today. The motor was warm to the touch and measured between 100 and 115.
I wouldn't go jumping leaps and bounds to change gearing if you're crashing a lot - however I would look into gearing up, and continue to keep an eye on temps.

Is the car massively easier to drive with the 17.5?
Old 06-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #14095
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by loloscorsa View Post
Hey guys, my local circuit has loose soil with low grip, I wonder if the b5m work well or if the ideal car for this area would be a b5 (rear).

Thank you!
Go back a page and read.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:46 AM   #14096
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loloscorsa View Post

Thank you!
we had a whole discussion on this a page or 2 back.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:57 AM   #14097
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
I wouldn't go jumping leaps and bounds to change gearing if you're crashing a lot - however I would look into gearing up, and continue to keep an eye on temps.

Is the car massively easier to drive with the 17.5?
Wasn't crashing that much at all really, over shot a couple of corners on longer straights initially and just some hard landings on all four wheels that felt it bottomed a little. Increased the drag brake and adjusted the diff a touch (very minor tweaks) to assist with cornering.

Will check out recent setups and to compare.

A lot easier to drive thanks, will get lots of practice under me in stock first.

Looking to get a set of tires for asphalt so I can setup some cones and practice outside. JC white compounds appear to be best suited to that.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:02 AM   #14098
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Wasn't crashing that much at all really, over shot a couple of corners on longer straights initially and just some hard landings on all four wheels that felt it bottomed a little. Increased the drag brake and adjusted the diff a touch (very minor tweaks) to assist with cornering.

A lot easier to drive thanks, will get lots of practice under me in stock first.

Looking to get a set of tires for asphalt so I can setup some cones and practice outside. JC white compounds appear to be best suited to that.
proline makes a street tires. I forget the name, but that would probably be your best bet. I think they are taller so watch your gearing and temps. the street can be hard on motors
Old 06-07-2015, 08:08 AM   #14099
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3de View Post
Okay, so shiny it is I guess.. And then sounds like the pucks need a little grease?
I have over 30 runs on my orginal orange pucks on high grip conditions, I use motorcycle chain wax lube on the pucks, seems to be working, I also clean them after each track day.
Rhett McNair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #14100
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to mschumi101

Quote:

Proline Dirt Hawg tires are for pavement and bashing. They are M2 compound which is their Medium/hard compound. The front tires they make are for both 2 and 4wd buggies, but still fit and work on 2wd front rims. I know Amain has them listed under 4wd in the tire section, but the bag says its for all buggies.
-Ted
mschumi101 is offline   Reply With Quote