Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I saw some of the "brick" talk on bookface before the Nats. I don't see why the brick packs should be a huge issue. They're nothing more than a saddle pack put together, which is a legal layout/style. I understand that ROAR is trying to keep chassis manufacturers from designing cars around a proprietary pack (hexagons, triangles etc.) But a brick and saddle are basically the same. IMO, ROAR should approve both cars and batteries to run any of the following..and then close the rule book on it for a set number of years.

standard sticks
shorties (almost an industry standard now)
bricks (it's a side by side saddle anyway)
Old 08-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deftones.jt@gma
Spent alot of timing searching and coming up with multiple answers and need some advice before tomorrow. I just converted both of my buggies to MM. Went out and practiced last night and these were horrible handling. I used the flat arms with rear tower and rear b5r arms. My setup is basically to the book minus the arm conversions. Only other thing i can think of is i used 3+2 on the back hinge mount. Im running on outdoor dusty large 1/8 scale track. Big technical parts with multiple turns!! Can be very loose!! Running with calibers on rear or goose bumps or dd's!! Ribs on front!!! My problem is the rear is so loose!!! No grip at all!! Both buggies just will not hook!!! I need some help before racing tomorrow.... Thanks wildcat 1971 for ur input also!!
Start with this rear end.

Brass c block
3+0 pill ( 3 degree toe 0 anti squat)
Rm plastic rear arms with hubs all the way forward.
Shocks all inside on rear tower, inside on arm
No shims under rear ball stud mount. (Assuming plastic)
Rear shocks
Green springs on 3x1.4 30 wt.
2 limiters

Try to gear around 100 total teeth. (Moves motor closer to rear axle)
If you still need extra help squaring up, use .5 degree outer hubs
If you need more stability in sliding rear in corners, longer rear link.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by xrayracer1
I haven't seen all the posts relating to the ball cup issue, but I've seen a few and the tips for fixing the issue. I wasn't trying to start a verbal fight or anything, I just have no time for sarcasm that's all.
Then you've missed a lot, including the reason for his sarcasm. Water under the bridge at this point my friend.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
As you run your tires in a certain direction, you begin to wear off the leading corner edge of the "pin" of the tire. As that "face" starts to grow, you start gaining traction. If you swap your rear tires Left to Right, you are now driving on the backside of the pin, where it isn't broken in yet. In offroad racing, make sure you never swap/rotate your drive tires. Always mark one "R", and one "L" and run them that way till the tires are no good.

On the same coin, I always rotate my fronts.

What's funny is I don't rotate my fronts. Don't know why, nobody told me not to, I just don't. Now which one of us is wrong? Ready for a super mod throw down?
Old 08-29-2014, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Then you've missed a lot, including the reason for his sarcasm. Water under the bridge at this point my friend.
Yeah I'm over it.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xrayracer1
Aaaaah I see you did the same as me and got the Lunsford titanium turnbuckles. Good choice.
Suggested by a couple pretty smart folks around here

Originally Posted by Andrew Selvaggi
There is so much awesome in that photo i dont know where to begin!
The Bruce Lee mural, the cigars......macbook...............B5m joy-gasm!!!!
Yes sir!

jB
Old 08-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wayboarder
Start with this rear end.

Brass c block
3+0 pill ( 3 degree toe 0 anti squat)
Rm plastic rear arms with hubs all the way forward.
Shocks all inside on rear tower, inside on arm
No shims under rear ball stud mount. (Assuming plastic)
Rear shocks
Green springs on 3x1.4 30 wt.
2 limiters

Try to gear around 100 total teeth. (Moves motor closer to rear axle)
If you still need extra help squaring up, use .5 degree outer hubs
If you need more stability in sliding rear in corners, longer rear link.
You can also add more limiters in the front shocks. Will place more weight on the rear. Also lower rear ride height 1mm.

Biggest thing i found for track like that was loosening slipper off a couple turns as well.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deftones.jt@gma
Ran better laps in a MM. Problem is my buddy sold it so i was unable to copy his setup. He did not build it either so he has no idea what was done to it besides the b5r arms. His was glued to the track. When i drove it, it was almost like cheating!!
Might be similar to my local track. We run calibers/goosebumps and ribs/rips. A few of us run B5M's and are pretty much the ones to beat. I run the box setup with a saddle pack (light one though...nano-tech) I added 1 3/4 ounces and liked how it settled the car down. Maybe some weight would help your car? I like my rear shocks stood up a lot for outdoors.

The B5M stock seems really soft to me out of the box. My car isn't very good on our high grip indoor clay track with weight removed (need to try a shorty though). I just picked up a B5R to try also.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-10535649_10203666974546694_4633147015584858530_o.jpg  
Old 08-29-2014, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So what does the 4mm trailing axle do over the 3?

I'm currently running 3 forward, if I put the 4 in what can I expect?
Old 08-30-2014, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

Front wheel caster or trail: too little
Car too sensitive (twitchy?)
Too little steering feel and feedback
Front wheel caster or trail: too much
Excessive physical steering effort accompanied by too much self return action and transmittal of road shocks to the drivers hands
General lack of sensitivity to steering input due to excessive force required

From http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Vehic...d_Effect_Guide
Old 08-30-2014, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone got any recommendations for running on carpet? The car was pretty decent out of the box. Running a speed passion reventon R and 13.5 SP motor.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
I saw some of the "brick" talk on bookface before the Nats. I don't see why the brick packs should be a huge issue. They're nothing more than a saddle pack put together, which is a legal layout/style. I understand that ROAR is trying to keep chassis manufacturers from designing cars around a proprietary pack (hexagons, triangles etc.) But a brick and saddle are basically the same. IMO, ROAR should approve both cars and batteries to run any of the following..and then close the rule book on it for a set number of years.

standard sticks
shorties (almost an industry standard now)
bricks (it's a side by side saddle anyway)
It's only an issue because ROAR is like a grumpy old man. They hate change.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

From my experience if the car behaves it good out of the box I have found that putting a pro setup on it makes it worse because it follows their driving style (of even carpet condition) rather than mine. If I were you I'd make little changes only and only the ones that definitely improves one at a time. If it seems the same go back to original. Usually out of the box setup is balanced.

Jonathan
Old 08-30-2014, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bracer11
Anyone got any recommendations for running on carpet? The car was pretty decent out of the box. Running a speed passion reventon R and 13.5 SP motor.
For carpet make sure it is SLAMMED to the ground, really low like 17mm. That alone should really help. Also if you have the gear diff they tend to work better on carpet, although I have not tried the gear diff in this car.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
So what does the 4mm trailing axle do over the 3?

I'm currently running 3 forward, if I put the 4 in what can I expect?

3mm will give more entry steering. the manual explains the effects and what ackerman and wb changes are reccomended with the changes.

best advice is take a practice day at your most visited track amd spend the day changing settings so you can see what effects you get with each change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.