R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 04-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #13306
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 485 (100%+)

I think that I need a new scale. Per my scale, my Lite with Ti upper screws, Ti ball studs, pucks, slipper eliminator, KO one10 servo, 2.4 wheels, CF strap, aluminum wheel nuts, and a Trackpower 90c 3250mah lipo, hobbywing 3.1 & Bandit motor weighs 1438 grams (minus wing and transponder). I have another car that is similar but it has a hand milled chassis and it was 1520 with a 4400mah SMC lipo. Is that possible? I might have to drive to Lowes and buy another scale....I'm going to do that right now.

Last edited by QDRHRSE; 04-25-2015 at 04:57 PM.
QDRHRSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #13307
Tech Elite

....forgot, I have a second scale in my track bag. This a different scale and this time I threw the transponder on. You'll see the next pic without a body.
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-image.jpg
Old 04-25-2015, 05:03 PM   #13308
Tech Elite

Here's without a body....

Old 04-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #13309
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
The online instruction manual at Team Associated's website lists what tools are needed.

2mm & 1.5mm
I looked over the instructions but I guess I missed that. Thanks for your help.

What about nut drivers? Are all the wheel nuts 5mm
tekin112000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #13310
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekin112000 View Post
I looked over the instructions but I guess I missed that. Thanks for your help.

What about nut drivers? Are all the wheel nuts 5mm
5.5mm and 7mm. Wheel nuts and slipper nut are 7mm and all others are 5.5mm
Attached Thumbnails

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:59 PM   #13311
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizchief View Post
Is that an RSX with an aftermarket cap? Does the cap give you better performance or did you just need a replacement?
Tekin actually sells 2 different sizes of caps,it's the bigger one,and I jus figured it couldn't hurt, bigger is better right?

Really loving the mid motor compared to the RM I jus switched from, can drive it so much harder (more like a 4x4)
jmcelroy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 01:43 AM   #13312
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

I was wondering has anyone tried the xfactory carbon chassis, i have a b5m with all the goodies so its really not worth getting the new lite, but my buggy can still afford to lose weight and was wondering would it be worth while getting the carbon chassis or getting the lite chassis any advise would be appreciated as i don't want to lose any of the great handling you get with the stock chassis.
Serpent 988, OS speed shimo edition, Serpent 977 35th anniversary. OS speed shimo edition Serpent 977 evo2, Novarossi Mito WC35 2017, Shepherd Velox, O.S Speed r2102, Motonica p81rs2, REDS Racing M7 WCS V3.0, , CM 1/8 INFINITY O.S Speed 2103.
HSV427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:10 AM   #13313
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV427 View Post
I was wondering has anyone tried the xfactory carbon chassis, i have a b5m with all the goodies so its really not worth getting the new lite, but my buggy can still afford to lose weight and was wondering would it be worth while getting the carbon chassis or getting the lite chassis any advise would be appreciated as i don't want to lose any of the great handling you get with the stock chassis.
Alot of guy's have been having success with Bezerk RC ' S carbon chassis. Won the Australian Stock Title. Contact Paul through Bezerk RC FB page.
71WOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:13 AM   #13314
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Picked up my lite yesterday, started the build, the only thing missing is the front bumper. The car is coming together nicely.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:27 AM   #13315
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I stuck a link on the front page for Bezerk R/C. Here's some examples of the work:

Probably the coolest thing about his services is he can re-produce older graphite chassis like for this HPI Pro:

RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:48 AM   #13316
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
I think that I need a new scale. Per my scale, my Lite with Ti upper screws, Ti ball studs, pucks, slipper eliminator, KO one10 servo, 2.4 wheels, CF strap, aluminum wheel nuts, and a Trackpower 90c 3250mah lipo, hobbywing 3.1 & Bandit motor weighs 1438 grams (minus wing and transponder). I have another car that is similar but it has a hand milled chassis and it was 1520 with a 4400mah SMC lipo. Is that possible? I might have to drive to Lowes and buy another scale....I'm going to do that right now.
Quote:
....forgot, I have a second scale in my track bag. This a different scale and this time I threw the transponder on. You'll see the next pic without a body.
Quote:
Here's without a body....
You're suppose to weigh the car as track ready.
Mantis Toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #13317
Tech Regular

Quote:
If you run on med-high grip or higher, you'll want the chassis stiffeners with it. The extra flex the chassis gives you is incredible on med-low bite or lower. You'll probably new a spring change either way, but it'll still feel great.
Thomas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:34 AM   #13318
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I investigated carbon chassis recently and some racers indicated they would load up on compression then release. Some of the drivers indicated they did not like carbon because of having to time the release point that may be inconsistant. I installed the lite chassis and am doing well @ 1502 grams.
Micah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:18 AM   #13319
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm sure you could set it up for almost any conditions but based on how it is set up I'd say its really meant for a higher grip track the way they sell it. In the winter when traction decreases greatly on our track, we go heavy and set the cars up soft. The Lite is light and stiff.
That's a good point. Guess I'll go with the b5m n forget the extra bells n whistles of the Lite.. Unless someone really has tried and had good success with the Lite on loose tracks.
gabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #13320
Tech Adept

There is another nice CF chassis available from Plan B Racing. The claim is that it saves 78g over the stock (not milled) B5M chassis. Because it only costs $70 I decided to forego the Factory Lite and take advantage of the lower price and $15 gift certificate Tower had for the B5M Team Kit. I also like the ability to retain the use of velcro for securing the body via the delrin insert pieces.

https://www.facebook.com/planbrc

You can contact Plan B here: [email protected]

motorcitymatt is offline   Reply With Quote