Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 08:05 AM
Tech Legend

Extra weight ???

More stability & traction for sure..
Old 07-27-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

First day out with the b5m outdoors. The 1.7 tapered worked great. Made a few changes for low traction conditions. Went to zero caster inserts and 3mm trailing axle. Car was amazing.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Legend

Andrew

Were just using the lead , its cheap and is not expensive .
Old 07-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

hey Andrew. you really only need the brass blocks if conditions are really loose.. like dry dusty. I like them better then just adding weight as it puts it in the very lowest and farthest back portion of the car.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

Ok guys I am a 2wd rookie so please forgive the ignorance here. I am an 1/8 scale guy.

Was running my B5 yesterday in practice before the race and as I was coming on the straight it lost power and I could hear something spinning. I figured my motor moved but that was not the case. Gear mesh was still perfect however the diff has no resistance at all now. It just spins completely free. I am assuming my diff blew out? I haven't had a chance to take it apart yet and may not be able to for a few days but thought I could ask here to get a head start on what the problem may be.

I was disappointed as the car was hooked up!!
Old 07-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hlpressley
Ok guys I am a 2wd rookie so please forgive the ignorance here. I am an 1/8 scale guy.

Was running my B5 yesterday in practice before the race and as I was coming on the straight it lost power and I could hear something spinning. I figured my motor moved but that was not the case. Gear mesh was still perfect however the diff has no resistance at all now. It just spins completely free. I am assuming my diff blew out? I haven't had a chance to take it apart yet and may not be able to for a few days but thought I could ask here to get a head start on what the problem may be.

Check to make sure your pinion gear is tight. If the screw came loose it'll spin free.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Broken diff screw?
Old 07-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

I have a b5m running on a clay indoor track that has a little push going into corners and does not have the same low end punch as the other 17.5's. I was told to lighten up the tranny with an aluminum top shaft, mip puc system, nova slipper, bfast diff and b5 front a arms and shock tower. Any suggestions or advise if I'm going in the right direction or additional mods. Thanks.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearit
I have a b5m running on a clay indoor track that has a little push going into corners and does not have the same low end punch as the other 17.5's. I was told to lighten up the tranny with an aluminum top shaft, mip puc system, nova slipper, bfast diff and b5 front a arms and shock tower. Any suggestions or advise if I'm going in the right direction or additional mods. Thanks.
lol and 250 bucks later….and don't forget to charge at 40amps otherwise you won't have a chance
Old 07-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gearit
I honestly would just get the lightened top shaft, and invest in a better motor. The cars so light you shouldn't have any issues with low end, maybe mess with your timing/gearing. On my car I use the b5 rear and front arms and b5 front shock tower
Old 07-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

My 17.5 roller has about $500 invested lmao and thats including a slrc lightened chassis. Sitting at 1505 grams and dialed. I like mod so I built another b5m.. what a cruel hobby this is sometimes!

The slrc chassis has been mentioned alot on Facebook in the b5 nation but just if you havent heard the details..
6061 aluminum, .5 thinner over stock chassis, about 24grams lighter. Dropped .3 off my fastest lap time and highly recommend this chassis if your serious about stock racing.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-screenshot_2014-07-27-13-23-26.jpg  
Old 07-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slakr
Broken diff screw?
That is what I am thinking. That seems like a very unlikely thing to break doesn't it? Diff too right maybe? I bought the car lightly used and it was very good right off so I never really adjusted much.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Andrew

Were just using the lead , its cheap and is not expensive .
wc this car is awesome ran it some need to get it on the track bad
Old 07-27-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Check to make sure your pinion gear is tight. If the screw came loose it'll spin free.
I think it is something in the diff. I can grab each rear hub and they just spin completely free, there is no resistance at all. Feels like it is just riding on bearings.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

That is what I am thinking. That seems like a very unlikely thing to break doesn't it? Diff too right maybe? I bought the car lightly used and it was very good right off so I never really adjusted much.
It is unusual. Sometimes people do over do it with tightening it down and it breaks at the end of the threads. But the AE diff screw is one of the better ones. People usually use it on other kits in place of the weak stock unit. But definitely check it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.